RANCID & FOUL - the ’STANKIEST’ flower - Corpse Flower f2 Hunt - 2024 SoilTech Swamp Run

very nice man you also have got some good trees in the back ground. pines ? i just cut a lot at my place to build with love the swamp i recon you got some cat fish in there to like me you prob got a good fire going outside at night nothing like it peace. danny

2 Likes

A shot from last night before I tucked in the ladies - doing a quick check for Herms and I see the beans are starting to show themselves on the lowers - looks like the tops remained untouched and I’ll have some good samples to go through to assess the mother plants for each potential cross. I may list some of the crosses here soon to give an idea of the beans available.

As I’ve said before - please reach out - am always happy to share beans. I’ve put alot of love into this round, I am sure there will be some nice genetics to search through come winter.

:call_me_hand:

16 Likes

Aw man, I’m pulling up a chair!! I just snagged a pack of their kerala hindu kush x uncle fester #18 I’m dying to dig into. I’ve seen so many reports from people claiming the stench is real with these guys!! Really exciting to see someone’s having success on this front :green_heart:

How common is the pink trait in your garden?

4 Likes

The love shows @Soiltech ! I’m sure there’ll be no shortage of folks who’ll want those beans in their fridge, with parent stock like that! Kudos on pulling those tarps daily and pulling off a successful light dep seed/flower run so far. Continued success!!
:v::grin:

5 Likes

great pic…and plants!

4 Likes

@lightyear sounds like a killer cross - interested to hear how they go for you - nice black rubber and chemical burn on that Festers line for sure - makes for great smoke in my experience. 4 out of 10 ladies of the Corpse Flower are showing verying degrees of pink pistils - and they become more striking every day - a couple of which are to an extreme I’ve never personally witnessed - one stopped me in my tracks this morning - had me staring with a wide mouth for a few seconds. I might be able to post a photo later today (long weekend - off work - have some extra garden tending time)

Thank you @saxo - always enjoy my time with the plants and sharing them through photos is the best I can do until I can start shucking and shipping the beans.

@Budderton beans already with your name on em quite literally - glad I could use some of your work in a few of these crosses.

11 Likes

Found a big one today. :point_up:

Took a good look around the hoop house the other day - tops look nice and clean and we’ve got lots of beans setting up nicely. Took a pic of one of the stunning pink Corpse Flower ladies as a sample - you can see the beans just starting on the lowers now.

Top. :point_up:

Top and lowers.

Lowers closeup. :point_down:

The other dark coloured lady -

22 Likes

Beautiful! I think it’s safe to say that the swamp purchase turned out to be a sweet deal buddy! Are you using the water nearby for them?

2 Likes

I gotta say… Really freakin’ cool looking plant. Pulling up a chair! :v:

2 Likes

Hey thanks @9mag - glad to see ya enjoy the garden.

Just thought a photo from yesterday and a couple from earlier this week - some of these mutants are unreal - if you’re not familiar with the recent work put in by @lilmanbigplan - I’d encourage you to take a look. Quickly becoming some of the most unique plants I’ve grown out (even for ABC in general) Guy has put the vigour back into ABC - some of the best work since Subterfuge. The Dooligah.

These are Dooligah crosses – mostly the Freakshow x Dooligah - each have kept pace with the regular cultivars growing beside them. Frosty monsters - gorgeous plants - each has lowers dusted with various pollen for some mutant fun ahead.

:call_me_hand:

15 Likes

Dang bro them are cool. :+1::v:

4 Likes

Those Dooligah are so intriguing looking! I love all the mutant stuff, I often ponder trying to grow some incognito outside with some of the freakshow beans I have.

4 Likes

I grew freakshow outside last season and it hid AMAZING!!! Keep them in small pots, tie them low, and camouflage them among plants like ferns or herbs like fennel, etc. They look just like some random weed until you see the colas. But even then, it doesn’t instantly catch your eye. Superfreak is a v2 which has thinner, more lace type leaf structure, but you can find the same pheno easily in the original as well. It’s a better pheno for stealth, imho.

17 Likes

Nice shots! Thanks for sharing. That Freakshow is wild ain’t it? I have yet to grow out the official Freakshow but I have had some time with the Berry Freak. The pinnate do look like ferns don’t they - I’ve grown dozens of Berry freaks but only 1 true pinnate plant close to yours. I’m hoping it hit some strange mutations with this side line.
:point_down:

I have some plants growing in the swamp they are:
Berry Freak BX x Dooligah F2

I had posted on a great thread on mutants about this cross. Out of a tray these 6 were the only ones who showed any sign of mutation - they are vegging in their own hoop house with a few more side projects I’ll likely share details on soon.

13 Likes

Those serrations look so cool!! As far as I’ve seen, the only real difference to the leaf pattern, other than looks, is its mold resistance. It allows airflow far better than standard fan leaves, so mold can’t take hold as easily.

Really beautiful cross you’ve got there!! I’ve been eyeing some of his others. I may have to pull.the trigger!

5 Likes

Looking great, like the different look on those girls. I did some research on the corpse flower and the pink that’s showing comes out in outdoor grows he said in the write up of it, have you grown these inside by chance yet to see if that’s true? Must be something with the sun giving off different lights wavelengths that leds or hps don’t have or maybe not.

4 Likes

Stay Frosty OG :call_me_hand:

23 Likes

Yes I’ had read that from TNF about this line - there is one plant out here that is so dark I could imagine indoors it would express at least a little.

As for water - we have a natural spring which I have a hose tapped into - it runs 24/7. I have it running into the chickens yard. But can tie it into a hose I have running to the swamp. I fill the 5 gallon pails I have there and use those to fill the watering cans. Been feeding them my eggshell / bone extract for the last week now. Will go back to water only shortly. About 3-4 weeks remaining

7 Likes

they got some great shaped/serrated leafs …nicely ballanced from their parrents

2 Likes

Throwing up a few pics of the Corpse Flower I took last week. We are about 2.5 weeks out from harvest today.

CF21 was my favorite stem rub - but I’ve touched some of the lower buds and im getting some strong gassy black licorice of another cf#24 - probably the gassiest loudest at current. I am not getting as many gamey tones as I anticipated, waiting for after the cure to draw some proper conclusions.

Here are some other plant shots at 7 weeks.

A small group of TMK x Pure Michigan ladies

A Sorbetto x Tux , Tux by @lefthandseeds

A shot of a cross done by @basementbeans -
Tropicanna Cookies x Tiger Mint Kush (holding f2 beans on lowers)

20 Likes