Ready to harvest? Post your pics and get advice 🌸

Hey @Kasper0909, thanks! I think it’s around day 63, but I lost count, haha. Here’s a pic of the Afghan Kush. I grabbed from growers choice seeds, just in case you were curious. Their genetics are for real! Setup-wise, rocking a simple but effective combo: a budget-friendly tent from Amazon, Vivosun 4x4, and got the soil game strong with Bio365.

How are your Afghani autos doing?

4 Likes

Hey @SativaSavant, thanks! It’s all about practice. My first few grows were rough too, but keep at it, and you’ll see progress. Practice makes perfect! :muscle:

Hey @blowdout2269, thanks for the tip! I shall definitely take note of it.

1 Like

I have a link in my bio to my grow Afghani autos are at the end, to many pictures haha be great if you stopped by. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: mine are about day 21 I believe.

2 Likes

So, my first-ever attempt at growing Afghan Kush Auto from growers choice seeds is going surprisingly well (I think). Got some pics for you all - take a look and help a newbie out. Should I pull the trigger on the harvest now, or should I wait for another week or two?

13 Likes

Great job so far, Healthy and frosty but not done yet.

Don’t succumb to the temptation to cut yet!
We all did it with our first grows because we are excited for our first harvest. :grin:

I don’t have experience with autos but with there is a bunch of white pistils still visible. My guess would be 4 weeks left to really finish.

6 Likes

Agree you got at least 3 weeks before it’s ready

You definitely have 3 weeks or maybe more. Post up pics again once you have almost no white hairs.

3-4 weeks until harvest.

Pz :v:t2:

I concur that you need to wait 3-4 weeks to maybe chop :axe: ! :facepunch::wink::+1::sunglasses::peace_symbol:

Alright it’s been 15 days since this post lol. This thing is on Day 75 and I really want to cut it tomorrow but I’m debating letting it go a couple more days. 11 weeks for OG Kush seems a little odd :thinking: anyone have an opinion?

6 Likes

Dear growers, can you give me an advice? Both have the same flowering time, one has brown pistils but no ambar trics, the other don’t have brown pistils but already have some ambar trics.

How long do you think I will need to harvest?

I have this 2 widdows and they look like this:

trics:

trics:

6 Likes

I would say number 1 is nearly there and number 2 is ready to chop. :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you for your input @Shadey , I’m going to wait more 2 or 3 days to chop the #2 because I noticed that most trics are clear, crazy how they go from clear to ambar, with microscope harvest precision go up, I remember to struggle to see the trics with a mag glass, was horrible and I had to rely on pistils, I prefer ambar trics and a heavier body stone.
This weekend I will start harvesting, Already have some drying boxes appart and I’m ready to make some hash this time, I still have my last grow sugar leaves on freezer plus this ones with this frost on them it’s going to be very nice.

1 Like

Love to hear the community’s opinion

11 Likes

Well you can change the pistil colour just by spraying things on the plant, the pistil colour change really just indicates that, that particular receptor pistil has either been polinated or past its sell by date for pollination.

Ideally you need to check the trichomes to see if the plant is in the desired level of development for chopping. That being said, if the plant has overall more white pistils it would usually indicate the bud is still growing bigger and not ready.

5 Likes

What do yall, think is it, “let er rip tator chip time or what?”

6 Likes

Was really hoping for some input.

2 Likes

Hey brother if you’re still around full plant pics are helpful … judging by the ammount of white pistols and pictures provided I’m saying she still has some time left @Rubixone

3 Likes

From the time of that picture, maybe 5 days. Looks like mostly clear trichs in the picture, but it is hard to tell from the photos.