Ready to harvest? Post your pics and get advice 🌸

You really shouldn’t use the pistils as a indicator for harvest time. You need to check the trichomes. If you have a good camera on your phone take a close up picture and enlarge it until your able to see them as clearly as possible OR invest in a cheap jewellers loup and use that.

6 Likes

Beautiful pink pistils. Usually when I read pistils, I look for them to receed, not change color. At the very end, they will begin to receed as the cylax swell. So based on that I would guess these wont be ready until October sometime, weather permitting.

Like @Esrgood4u said, a jewelers loop is another good way to tell. Look for milky to amber color trichome heads. Avoid clear heads.

2 Likes

I’ll second what @Esrgood4u said. Without checking the trichomes it’s a guessing game. Get a 60x loupe off amazon for like 6-10$ you won’t regret it. Plus, I love looking at the plants with it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, either way, we have a post for this and I am moving this thread.

Ready?

Thanks for posting.

99%

2 Likes

Thanks guy’s , I have a loupe on the way. 99er I will definetly read the post you linked and educate myself a bit more.

I will give nuts for two more weeks and go to a flush after that

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc :mushroom:

What does the hive mind say?

All tricks milky. Very milky.

Up closer

10 Likes

Stick a fork in her, shes done.

7 Likes

not sure what type of planet she is she is a month into budding

2 Likes

@gordongecko screwed up a merge as post was not showing, my bad

1 Like

Well, I would say plant 1 is close, but needs another week or two, plants 2 and 3, I would guess have another 3 weeks or so, finally the sativa may not finish before frost gets her…

I would invest in a jewelers loop and start looking at trichomes.

1 Like

This is a Flash Seeds Panama Lime super auto. Lineage is Panama, Mango Biche, and ruderalis. 0% indica. What does everyone think?

7 Likes

a month or more… still alot of white pistils popping out.

you want them to pull back into the bud before its ready

1 Like

Thanks, I’m trying to convince myself she is ready, but that just isn’t true I guess :joy:

That is the second round of pistils, and the calyxes have been swelling more everyday, so hopefully not another month. That would drive me crazy!

2 Likes

if it’s second round of pistils she should still have 2 to 3 weeks… if shes outside she may not finish completely so you’ll have to take her before it gets too cold… but wait until you absolutely have to before you cut…

and a rule to train yourself on:
“if you think she’s ready, give it another week” lol

3 Likes

Not sure if all strains but I don’t even see much sugar on your fan leaves yet think ya a have a ways to go like @toastyjakes stated! Your trichs are probably almost clear still but check if ya can!

1 Like

I have 1 outdoor plant thats looking done at 7wks. Pistils have all receded.
Havent checked trichs but just wondering what ppl think?
Is it common for strains to finish early outdoor? Its raining a lot here so dont want to risk bud rot but also dont want to pull early n lose weight.
So, from experience, should i chop this girl?
Thx
Edit- buds look pretty dense n filled out, just seems super early at 7wks

7 Likes

I would wait as long as the weather permits. But if the weather is not cooperating, you could take it now and still be pretty happy with the results.

2 Likes

Ya kinda what i figured.
I guess my main Q is: has anyone seen any benefit to letting outdoor run once the pistils are all receded?

1 Like

the benefit there would be letting the trichomes get to where you want them to be, there may not be more pistils or growth but it is still, technically, growing.

2 Likes