Real Chem 91

Welcome to OG, @DocGreenStone ! You’ll find a lot of old friends like @Cannavore here, we’ve got a thread for members of older forums to reunite I’ll link you to, and an introduction thread that’s also pretty busy to say hello to everyone if you want to. The Canna Cabana is still up, I don’t know if their archives are complete but I know that we always love to have original growers back to repost and comment on some history, especially when that’s documentation of genetics still around!

Unlike a lot of the old forums there aren’t any restrictions or censorship here when talking about other forums or seed banks, you might have noticed already. So feel free to link us to anything you find, but also please do repost text and photos here and give us any updates or thoughts you’d like to contribute. A lot of the old forums and their archives are lost to history but we’re trying to bring back as much as we can here on OG! Maybe your own topic in the #breeders-lab is in order?

That must have been Doc D, much love for him here! He’s getting set back up to restart his operation here in the US after going to Mexico for a few years, his seed company is Doc D/Magic Spirit Seed Co

7 Likes

True in GWOT era Afghans as well.
OGA guys brought back seeds from Helmand to Kabul to Islamabad, everywhere…they kept going back to planting GDP

Afghan lines arent a selected line. They exist as a living field crop, and are all hashed. Lots of shotty plants, some good ones, they all get sieved together - even the males.
In Afghanistan, 100 acres is no big deal. In the US, 100 plants are a big deal. Thus, selective breeding comes into play, and with it, stellar lines. Look at how Colombian exports were line bred in the US to make Haze. Since then, many Colombian lines have been smuggled back and released - seems like Cannabiogen/Vibes came out with the only good Colombian, the rest were commercial trash. Oaxacan is nice, but combine it with a Swazi x Thai thats been selected for years and now you have Hawaiian.

Another facet of Hadji hash is that its not just cannabis they put in there to get you high. Anything from opium to the scopolamine family of drugs. Afghanistan was a nation filled with the finest cannabis, til the Cold War turned the Afghans into an opiate cartel. This is why breeders look back to the past for old lines made with old Afghans

Cheers to Nevil for speaking truth on all that

11 Likes

some say that it’s in Chem D (have to look-up the "genetic family of on seedfinders.eu)

2 Likes

Seemings there been some banter about Shiva Shanti-I thought I’d share this postcard my friend gave me from when she visited the Dam back in the day

9 Likes

Fletcher from Archive Genetics aka @thedocta taking about Chem lineage in 2015

@ThaDocta
Mar 18, 2015
Post #704

No offense Lambs-Bread, but that is an awful lot of assumptions in that post. Probably cause more problems than solutions posting all that. Might wanna edit to prevent newb’s from making some crazy assumptions, none of which are based in fact.

There is absolutely no evidence to support TK, Shiva Shanti, Garlic Bud, and Chem91 are even related at all in the history of Sour Diesel. Original Chem 91 is bagseed from Norcal/Oregon Border dank herb. Nothing more, nothing less. Please don’t assume that they have anything to do with each other without strong evidence.

There is not any evidence that TK has anything to do with chem lines, or whether it, or the original “OG” cut came first. Chicken or the egg, no way to know. TK didn’t show up online until 2006, years after OG cuts seeds and hybrids had been sold by the thousands… OG Kush had been passed around as a clone, s1 seeds, and hybrids for 5 years at that point when it first hit the internet in 2001 with Orgnkid. There were several growers online from Florida in the early 2000’s. Most of them got cuts of the OG from Orgnkid, and no one ever made any comments about a local strain being the same. No one online had ever mentioned Triangle Kush from what I remember until Big Ricky and Krome came online…

I have no Idea where you got TK is made of Lemon Thai x Hindu Kush x PTK… PTK wasn’t even a strain back then, because TomHill made that in recent years. The Lemon Thai Hindu Kush backstory is from this asshole John and his old cohort in business, Kailua Kid. And their asshat “brothel brothers” seed company. They completely fabricated the John from Grass Valley, Lemon Thai x Kush, back story and it is complete and utter bullshit. I knew John personally and first hand saw him concoct that story. Please Stop perpetuating it in any fashion.

SO TO CLARIFY, ACCORDING TO NEW INFORMATION FROM AJ, although some other CHEM guys like JJ think it may have been a different cross…

Chem 91 = Bagseed from Norcal/Oregon around 1991. Popped by "Chemdog"

Sour Diesel = Chem 91 x Mid 90’s Sensi SuperSkunk Hermi.

Sensi Super Skunk purchased by Weasel in Amsterdam, Chem Clone from “Chemdog” crew. Mass Superskunk aka Virginia Superskunk was not in the Garden that Weasel scored the Sour Diesel seed from.

The only other plants in the room in which the seed that created Sour Diesel was found were: NL#5, Sensi Superskunk, and Hawaiian Indica. So, technically, any of those could have been the father, but according to AJ and Weasel, based on smell/taste/growth/plant, the Sensi Superskunk was the most likely culprit for pollen.

IMHO, TK and the OG Kush lines have zero to do with any of this. Please stop.

Lambs-Bread has some decent responses worth reading there but it’s more about TK overall

7 Likes

a small tester chem d bud, this strain has some really nice funk. liking her quite a lot right now.

need to do some work with this one, if i can keep her around that is.

peace …

12 Likes

Yeah, that’s why I was saying the paki/lemon thai stuff is dubious af. We have originstk and Marty saying it was emerald triangle x the seedbank Hindu kush aka nl2 x kush4.

No one knows what that emerald triangle is tho…

5 Likes

Man I rember brothel bros seeds and sierra seeds. Thise were both Kalia kids, and both were so damn controversial lol. I remember all the chemdog fighting that would go on in threads way back. Too funny

2 Likes

Except if you grow both the TK and the 91 next to each other you’re gonna have a hell of a hard time figuring out which is which. Hell, you’d have a hard time telling the flowers apart if you aren’t intimately aware of the smells/flavors of both. There’s times I swear I grabbed triangle but go to pack and smoke it later and have to double take that it’s not actually chem91 by mistake. There is definitely such a thing as convergent evolution. Two different species looking the same, but it’s damn near uncanny. Can just look at the both of them next to each other, plant and/flower, and there’s all the evidence you need right there imo. IDK why he would even dispute that.

11 Likes

I’d have to agree. From the lanky growth, to the nugs, and the flavor. I would be more surprised if they weren’t related.

4 Likes

hold_my_beer.jpeg

"You’re Welcome" - Turd McCormick

7 Likes

OGK predates Chem. There’s also a good possibility Chem came from those “Kush” pounds sold in Orlando FL.

The whole Dog bud from Oregon story could just be a fabricated lie for sales.

5 Likes

are you sure it can infect cannabis
hplvd it dudding, very different symptoms

1 Like

That user was a sock account that got banned, has been banned under many names

3 Likes

i was intriged by his assumptions

2 Likes

Not sure if you are aware but your buddy slowbux has turned in to a scammer. He’s ripping everyone off and has even been using your Instagram page to do it. You may want to look in to that

4 Likes

lets find him bud
he wont hide for long

2 Likes

Cannavore! Sweet! Sup brother! Good to see you doing well!

3 Likes

Yep, Doc D. Such an amazing grower and friend. @Doc.D Sup brother! I poked my head back up to say hi and give away some of my old stash before it disintegrates. lol

@Dirtroadfarmer Thanks for the heads up.
He is not my friend anymore, we were for a long time though. I thought he was honorable and trustworthy.
I was not aware at all. We were partners on Fire Power Genetics but I do not like him using my rep as a shield. I dont talk to him anymore, the disrespect became too much.
He said he cant remember our IG page password, obviously that is not true. FPG is my brand, he needs to stop using it.
I have VERY FEW friends left, and I only trust like 3 people now. @JAWS has always been my only true friend that I can trust 100%. And Chris from Woodstock Seeds. Is he here?

15 Likes

I’ve talked with Marty extensively about the history of OG. Although I was skeptical initially because he kept changing his story I do not believe he was doing it on purpose, he is the guy who made those seeds that both TK and OG came from.
I’ve talked to Chris, the guy who found the OG strain on many occasions as well as the dude that found TK (I forget his name). Krome’s “The White” also came from the same area/location in Orlando which is where TK started as well.
The lineage of OG will never be known. Marty is not exactly a breeder, nor really a grower back, but he did manage the room (growing) when it produced the seeds and he sold all the bud from that grow. Marty was just a kid in 1991, maybe 19 or so.
I sincerely believe there is NO connection between OG and Chem or Sour Diesel.

As far as the history of Chem, I cannot really remember but Chemdog knows it.

9 Likes