Real Chem 91

Yeah I’m fully aware of the story.
I’m saying that story is bullshit.

Plants don’t lie.

Go grow and smoke some nl5haze and then grow and smoke the chem4. It’s undeniable.

As undeniable as TK and 91 being directly related.

It’s also not just me saying it

Took growing it out myself to see and I’m in 100% agreement with Riot here.

14 Likes

Never mind ,I needed to keep reading :laughing:

1 Like

Some quotes from Bodhi and Elite that I dug up:

Bodhi quote
chem 91 skunk va

a few years ago i obtained the chem 91 cut from jb’s (chemfather) crew, it was the only verified cut at that time, it was even verified as the chem 91 skunk va by chemdawg himself. i made some different crosses and some were released. when skunk va (the person) came back online and posted pics of his original chem 91 it looked a lot more og-ish, a few deep heads also chimed in with there views and pics. i now have both chem 91 skunk va’s and have been growing them side by side and they look to be of the same family but definitely different, the old one is more skunk sour d, and the real one is more og skunky. they are both amazing, but i respect the insight and knowledge on the subject by my peers, and have to agree the og one is the VA. i will continue to work with both, but the old one will be now known as chem 91 jb and i will change future listings to reflect that fact. it just goes to show you, you never really know your genetics unless you pop the seeds yourself, i really thought it was verified to the bone, but here i am eating my words. it will be interesting to see how they do as remixes of the same line. ill take photos of them together so you can see the difference soon…

elites email with @yahooman the OP

Skunk va is cut verified by the guy named skunk va who chemdawg the person can attest has the real chem 91 cut that was given by him before he went to jail.

Jb cut is the cut breedera were using before this was confirmed by chem dawg himself.

Difference between those 2 is va is more indica and more OG ish vs the jb cut which is more sativa and sour d ish.

Besides that you have the cut isp claims to have gotten in 92 (going of memory). This cut is mot verified by chemdawg.

That being said I’m not knocking isp’s cut its definitely chemdawg but definitely different than the VA. His backcross’s base was a pure indica Afghani and I ran 2 packs of the bx3 to find a male. I did not find one plant that was as indica as the sk va. Also my bx1 are way more indica than all the phenos ive seen from the bx3.

Furthermore I don’t believe isp ever even claimed to be using the skva… They claim they use the cut they were giving in 92 (not from chemdawg himself)

I use the same skunk va cut as Bodhi which is a very legitimate source if someone is doubting my cut.

All this is off memory so the years might be a bit off. Hope that helps.”

11 Likes

I agree.

I love the 91 because its the most euphoric and semi clear headed while being relaxing.

The Chem 4 has that feeling I dont like from NL-dom NL crosses.
Also, having grown NL5, I agree with that super jump of a stretch when flipping to 12/12. They both have that thing where you come back into the room 2 days later and they look like different plants because they shot up so damned quick.
The 4 also has that resin that I see in NL5 but also more so in NL5XNL2

11 Likes

the best Chem strain - selection is as follows
chem91
chem4
chemD
chemdog 91 S-1 #12 x purple Urkle (new strain)

• all the S-1’s and bx
    For me it’s Chem D --thoughts CSI Humbolt is a good source
5 Likes

That’s a really interesting find @Dirt_Wizard. It makes me wonder how much drift these cuts and been through.

The CSI S1s is more towards the sativa description though, and it’s supposedly the VA cut?

Pz :v:t2:

4 Likes

I’ve not had the D yet by itself, only in crosses, but smoking on the 91 and 4 currently… I do reach for the 91 more. I like the 4 but I feel like I wanna use it primarily as a mixer and not alone. Either top off the bowl with something else, like TK, or follow up the pure chem4 bowl with another bowl of something different. Whereas I can and want to smoke the 91 and/or the TK by itself.

9 Likes

Just a thought I had recently on the chem lineage. Chem kinda has some similarities to the old shiva shanti from way back, think it was nl x skunk1 x afghani?. There were outstanding individuals in the old version with that heavy odor and knockout stone. Don’t recall gas notes though maybe acrid. Alot of garlic and food smells too. Anybody remember that strain, probably one of sensi seeds best kept secrets. It was there cheapest too. The shiva shanti 2 wasn’t as good. Anybody else remember shiva shanti? My friend brought down a clone of it from Fort Collins in 97 or 98 I think. Stunk to high hell of garlic, skunk, and mothballs hahaha! He ran that for years, wish I had it now. Any thoughts on shiva shanti being a relative? Smell and effects were very very similar. Here’s some old pics of my shiva shanti from 1999 I think. I’ll try and dig up some even older Polaroids of it. Just don’t remember where there at unfortunately.

10 Likes

Yeah, it’s my personal opinion that Chem D is 91 x Shiva Shanti, both Greg and Klopp(Weasel) had said that they had Shiva Shanti in their stables atleast one point in time, so there was Shiva Shanti cuts floating around. But there is a lot of people that are more into the subject then me that have other opinions. Matt Riot is convinced that Chem D is a Super Skunk cross, but I don’t know.

5 Likes

Interesting I never knew that. It was a nice strain for sure.

1 Like

Just found some Chem D S-1’s ($100.00 a pack)

1 Like

Id sooner believe a 3 way cross as the real meaning behind the Emerald Triangle or Trinity names, than to be named after 3 cities in Florida :rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

I don’t think Shiva Shanti is the 3 way you’re thinking of tho

There’s a Shiva Skunk tho
Screenshot_20240131-110856
Those are all from the 1991 Sensi Seeds catalog

I still think they look and sound like Silver Pearl

There was also a skunk1 x nl2, Skunk Kush, hybrid Nevil made and released in 89 but no pics anywhere that I can find.

13 Likes

Yeah, shiva shanti is garlic bud, a chunky indica with garlic terps and that’s how I see Chem D, a 91 that’s chunkier and got those super pronounced garlic terps that dominates almost all crosses.

I might remember this incorrectly, but I think Chem D was popped around 00, and Weasel aka Klopp said that they had Shiva Shanti around 96-97 and that time line fits with Chem D.

As I said, I might be out on a whim here.

5 Likes

That shiva Shanti 2 has a similar description as Nevil’s Afghani (Mazar I Sharif).

4 Likes

8 Likes

This could definitely all be accurate. It does sound like someone trying to sell something though. Talk about how great it is and then create urgency.

3 Likes

It was definitely shiva shanti that I grew from sensi seed Bank, actually both shanti 2 as well. Got them directly from sensi in their packaging, from memory the shanti 1 was much more smelly and just better overall. The clone dude brought back was just a better individual than what I grew in my pack. Almost positive his was shiva shanti bc thats what made me get the seeds, and they were spot on skunky, mothballs, garlic. Really weird smell. I found another old ass photo of my shiva shanti, it actually doesn’t look chem like to me. Too short I think? They actually still sell it!

7 Likes

18 Likes

I have done tons of work with all of the Chems (except Chem #3) I LOVE Chem D, it smells like gym socks in flower but the flavor it absolutely amazing and totally different. Massive yielder too. Variegated as well. Chem #4 I never liked. Buds were too airy and the smoke just never quite up to par. It may have been because I may not have had the best grows with her. Chem 91 skva and the JB cut are pretty awesome but only for breeding purposes as they have both lost their luster and I never had a great grow with either one. I did have some decent grows though, enough to make me reverse them and hit them with my male Stardawg pollen.

I obtained cuts of Chem 91 skva from a mutual friend with Bodhi’s blessing. I forget his name. Doc is what I called him, he ran his own seed company too, I also forget what it was called. I also sourced cuts of authentic JB Chem 91 but I forget where. Yes I have absolutely atrocious memory, this is why I write things down, but I lost all my data to a hard drive failure.

I reversed Chem 91’ with Bodhis blessing to my harem of elite clone onlys (I had about 50 elites at the time). I hit a bunch of my chem work as well.

I also have been trying to create a seed line based on the original JB cut of 91 that I call “JB Diesel”. I think I got it from Metadoneth but could be mistaking. But I have worked it for two generations of selections now and I still have both pollen and the two seed lines I originally started with.

I was also blessed to be gifted cuts of the infamous “Bob”, the male Stardawg that my bro Monkey had and also did breeding work with. Bob was so stinky that a rooted 4 inch cutting would stink up a veg room with no issues. Loudest male ever encountered in my life, hands down. I hit about 50-60 of my elite clone onlys, everything from bubba kush, to chem 4, to fire og and blue dream. All the really good old school elites.

I was also a bit of a historian. I started “True Source Genetics” because all of my cuts are true sourced genetics. I get them either directly from the original holder or from a trusted second hand. I always sourced my cuts though to ensure authenticity. But I got to know everyone along the way. I think Ive talked to every single person that has anything to do with Chem, OG, Bubba Kush, and Sour Diesel. Not PBud but just about everyone else though including KloppGlass or whaterver his name is lol.

I also used to do strain reviews. Like really extensive full on reviews that set a standard. Including photography and tips and stuff. And the cuts history. All this stuff is lost to secret forums that dont exist anymore. Maybe I could salvage a few from one or two forums that still may exist. Like the Cabana. Is it still around?

Yes I still have a bunch of my old work, the seeds are still great and germ rates are still high. I do not know if I will be running any anytime soon though. lol

~Doc

22 Likes

wutup dude long time no see

6 Likes