Red Hot Cookies

Look at those buds!

3 Likes

Im curious if the RHC show color later than the TP does. It seems odd that I would have pulled 3 green plants in one go, but who knows.

13 Likes

RHC1

RHC2

RHC3

TP

14 Likes

Might have to trim the second one a little more. That one also might be showing red. Not sure about the other 2 yet.

13 Likes

Got me to join just to discuss your lovlies. Super jealous of the TP, always sold out when I had the money. I’ve got a tropicana cookies that is about ready for the flower tent.

I’ve grown RHC twice now, and I have 3 little beans patiently waiting for their turn. First run, no special coloration. Second was beautiful

please forgive the crispy leaves. It was about week 5 that I started to see her colors shifting

9 Likes

Welcome to the site :smiley:
Those look like some dense nugs, how’s the smoke?
Thanks for the heads up. I’m almost done with week 2, so I will try to be patient.
My leaves look terrible at the moment. It’s my first run in these smaller single buckets, and its an adjustment that I am slowly getting used to.

Oh, I dont think I mentioned on this thread yet, but I did switch to Jack’s nutes on this previous feeding. I also tested using tap water, because RO has been such a pain. I had to use over 10x the amount of ph down than I usually do, so I am going to switch back to RO next batch, to see if its the Jacks, or the tap water that was so hard to balance.

3 Likes

It quickly became a house favorite, I’ve got to pick another strain for daily use as I’m down to about a quarter ounce. Everyone that has tried her raves about her. To me she has a smooth sweeter flavor like most cookie strains can’t really say a I can place the entire profile, I am no sommelier, I just like good herb. She doesn’t really have that, I don’t know what else to call it, other than, “purple” taste. That goes to Pineapple Doc OG, it tastes the way purple markers used to smell, not Grape, purple. She was actually rather easy to grow(and forgiving)

3 Likes

After cleaning up the 2 in the back of the tent, earlier, I thought my hands smelled like lime candy. I can’t wait to see how these turn out. It’s a little disappointing that they will be seeded. I will still make some hash/rosin from it though.

4 Likes

For that strain extra seeds aren’t a bad thing. TPxRHC is going to be EXCITING!!! I wonder how dark it’ll get. I grew a Devils Cream auto (sweet seeds) that came out almost black, she was my last run in DWC, and she is way too sweet for my liking. Kind of a leathery molasses flavor, to me. She’s also the only strain that gutated(?) She threw out little sweet golden… pearls? It’s just excess sugars.

3 Likes

Oh, thats cool. I have yet to see that in real life.

1 Like

Bud shots. Still got a while to go.

17 Likes

I’m starting to see coloration on pics 2&3! And of course on the TP

1 Like

I had planned on chopping the CSed branch on any that were green, not realizing that these would take a bit longer to show their colors. I would definitely be happy with 2/3 showing color, tho :smiley:

2 Likes

That TP though… Definitely on my list for sooner rather than later! Been awesome seeing the progression of these plants man! Killin’ it!

WEEDHEART

1 Like

So I did a dumb, or two…

Last feeding I decided to switch up a few things, and probably put too many variables into play, especially considering I’m in flower.
I switched from GH to Jacks.
I also decided to see how it would be if I used tap water instead of RO. This one I regret.

By the time i noticed the yellowing on 2 of the plants, I checked the ph and it was over 9.
I knew it was going to be a bit before I could swap out the water in the totes, so I added some ph down to see if I could buy some time.

Yesterday I finally switched out the water for all 4, and today I cleaned up the plants a bit, so its easier for me to tell if the issue progresses or not.

The first red flag that I ignored was how hard it was to balance the ph of the tap water. I filled my 2, 5 gallon water cooler jugs, mixed up the Jacks, and then let it sit for 2 days to let any chlorine evaporate off. With GH and RO, I think my average PH Down use is a little under 5ml per 5 gallon jug. With tap water I must have used about 100ml per bottle. I knew that wasnt going to be sustainable, but I had already mixed up the nutes, and I wasnt sure if it was the Jacks (first time using it) or the tap water that was causing the problem.

Anyway, I will be monitoring the leaves and ph very closely, but I am unsure how these are going to finish up. I also have noticed a little pollen on some leaves, but not a whole lot, so I am curious how many seeds come from this.

Here are some pics of the plants today

10 Likes

Welcome!
You’ve found a great place to chat, hang-out and share!
LOVE your use of the wally-world bags!
NEVER would have thought of it!!! Have a bunch-- gonna use 'em when I need 'em!!!
See-you’re helping people already!

3 Likes

Pretty sure these plants are all dead. I am going to try to switch back to GH, to see if I can salvage any of them, but the ph just keeps going up, and they keep getting worse. If they die, I’m gonna do a run of Northern Lights 2 and Blueberry, before trying this seed run again. I shouldnt have changed nute systems mid run, its my mistake.

4 Likes

Dang man. Hoping they are salvageable. That’s a lot of work in the bucket. But hey. Thems the breaks.

Can’t say the NL2 doesn’t sound exciting, and I’ve got some interesting blueberry crosses from @seeds_that_feed. Might be worth checking out.

Good luck man!

4 Likes

heres hoping they live :pray: i saw you talking about this run on discord and it sounded interesting, well anyways hopefully they turn around and perk up.

1 Like