RedRock's Purple Dogbud Grow

Hey all. This is gonna be my journal for my selection of Purple Dogbud from Humboldt CSI.

The flower tent is 36"x20", with a 320 Watt DIY COB rig. I’m growing in a 12 gallon plastic tote, with recycled organic living soil.

Currently she’s about 1 week since the flip. Stretching nicely. This is my 3rd run with her. Probably the last one for a bit, since I’ve got some new stuff to run. I super cropped her for close to 4 months. She’s only been allowed to grow vertically for the past month.

Mostly fed by the soil so far. I top dress every two weeks with a light amendment mix that’s half malted barley powder. She gets a light tea made with the top dress mix every week. She gets a SST, Silica, Aloe, kelp tea once a week with plain H2O between those. I’ve been foliar feeding with these as well, during the first three weeks of flower. I haven’t been able to keep up with her feeding during these weeks in the past two runs. I’m hoping the foliar keeps her happier.

here’s a bud shot from the first run.

And a dried nug. Possibly that same bud?

Here’s some pics from earlier Veg.

The keeper is the one in the center bottom.

Here she is 4 weeks later. The branches sticking up were taken for clones.

Here she is, stakes pulled and moved into the flower tent. She still vegged another week in there.

1 week from flip

32 Likes

Welcome to OG @RedRock , beautiful plants. Drop by the introduce yourself thread and meet everyone when you get a chance.

2 Likes

Nice looking flower man! Also that’s a nice happy big ass plant filling up that tent.

2 Likes

Thanks y’all! I’m happy with how’s she’s doing this time around. This is my first run using re-amended soil, and it’s been great. I’ve got a different recipe cooking for the next round right now. Should be even better. I feel like I’m starting to get a handle on this living soil organic stuff. The foliar feeding is new for me this round. I can’t believe I’ve waited this long to start doing it.

3 Likes

Looking good and welcome I think you’ll fit in quite well here.
:dash::dash::v::sunglasses::canada:

2 Likes

Looking good my friend, definitely in for this one, great strain! I’ll be in the corner firing up fatty after fatty, you need me just holler, I’ll be there through the haze/fog .

1 Like

looking great the purple dogbud sounds like a nice cultivar and the fade is pretty was going to be one of my pickups for when i do a csi run he has tons of great selections hard to pick between them all :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Dang, I can tell I’m gonna like it here a lot. Such a stoked and supportive community here at OG!

I know what you mean, @DesertHeartGardens; I had a hell of a time making a decision on my csi order. If you wanna try the purple dog bud out, I can send ya a cut.

Well, she’s at the end of week 2 since the flip. She’s happy as ever, and stretching nicely.
Last weekend, I made a big batch of concentrated tea with coconut water, aloe and fresh ground malted barley powder. I poured it into an ice cube tray and froze it. It’s been great to have it on-hand whenever I need it. I’m in the process of doing the same thing with corn SST. I’ve watered her with that twice this week. I’ve done a few foliar feeds with it as well, with some fulvic, silica, and a drop of dr. Bronner’s peppermint mixed in. She really seems to like it.

She’s gonna get a decent defoliation in the morning. I probably should have pruned a bit before the flip. She’s dense as hell. Definitely at risk of air flow issues down the road. I usually defoliate a lot more, but I’m not sure I believe in that anymore. I’ll use everything to make some FPJ. I’ve got a batch of LABS finishing now.

6 Likes

I really appreciate the offer that’s super nice of you! if I didn’t just pop a bunch of beans I would of totally taken you up on it looking real healthy and dialed in can’t wait to see her in a few weeks when she starts stacking @RedRock

2 Likes

Super looking dark color bud there. You got the skills RedRocks.
:peace_symbol:

1 Like

Going into week four of flower now. I gave her a heavy prune 9 days ago. Removed lots of small side branches. I made that into FPJ, using LABS.

I just used the FPJ for the first time today. I watered and foliar fed with that, as well as fulvic acid, sst cube, kelp, silica, aloe extract.

She still seems really happy. I cranked the light up to full power today. 320w. She’s starting to frost up nicely.

3 Likes

She’s in the 5th week now. Stacking nicely and starting to show some purpling. I’ve been alternating between plain water and my usual sst mix with a little FPJ and LABS. I’ve got some apple FFJ and corn SST brewing now too. Planning on making some grape and banana FFJ next.
I top dressed last week and again today with Leonardite, Langbeneite, Bat Guano, seabird guano, neem, crab meal, and MBP.

Gonna start a new journal soon. I’m upgrading to a 2x4 and starting a perpetual. I’ve got the SFV OG ready to go in in a week or two, and a Triangle Kush that will go in after that. Planning on throwing a new clone in around every 4 weeks; running 3x 12gal totes.

4 Likes