ReikoX's Auto Projects

I mostly run photos, but it’s fun to have a quick fling with another girl on the side once in a while. :wink:

14 Likes

@ReikoX do you remember what the differences were between the UV1 and the UV2?

Four Lowryder#2 x Ultraviolet #1 seedlings and three Lowryder#2 x Ultraviolet #2 seedlings moved outside under the sun today.

Each one had a circle of Slug Gone wool pellets added to their tops, because slugs are such a major issue in WA state.

6 Likes

Do those pellets work and are they just wool?

The Ultraviolet #1 was a tall vigorous plant with decent potency, but lower yields. Ultraviolet #2 was shorter, less potent, and decent yields. Neither one had purple buds, though they did fade with some purple. I haven’t grown females from either crossed, so I can’t say what the Lowryder male did to them. Here is a picture of #1

17 Likes

@gordongecko they work better than anything else I’ve tried and they’re wool waste, nothing else. They last for almost a year before they break down and feed the soil. Perfect lazy inexpensive solution!

@ReikoX hehe, we’ll know what lr2 brings to the party soon enough!

6 Likes

The Juanita is still alive, barely. I only sprayed her twice, but was heavy handed when I sprayed them. Next time I will be more selective, the colloidal silver was not as harsh on the plant. It doesn’t help that I have been giving her/him extra large doses of LITFA.
Before:

After:

Other than that, the treatment is indeed working. @itza419,
here you can see several male flowers forming. It doesn’t take a whole lot of pollen to make a lot of seeds, so this should be sufficient. I need to begin planting the other seeds so they are ready to receive pollen as these are opening up. For those of you paying attention, this reversed pollen will be used on the Freedom Dream autos gifted to me by @legalcanada. So, it’s about time to get those into some rapid rooters.

21 Likes

Fascinating @ReikoX. I’m very interested in this and will scratch out a cool spot and watch. You never go wrong with LITFA! :cowboy_hat_face:

Hey @ReikoX…these 2 girls are in full flower mode…awsome

5 Likes

yeah she didn’t like that too much, other issues as well ?

2 Likes

I saw my girl today… Forgot to get some shots… Being outside I ran into an issue though… It’s my first year in this area and what happens around this time… Some trees, I’m unsure of what kind, have released their seed in the form of the densely floating clouds of cotton like fibers attached to the seed… Long story short the flowers are covered in this fuzz… I picked the majority of it off but there’s still lots I just can’t seem to get… Anyone have any advice as to how I could get rid of these assholes? Lol

Sorry I don’t have any pics, I forgot my phone today when I left the house.

2 Likes

No other issues, next time I will selectively spray the internodes and use a bigger plant. Other than that, two sprays and it’s working.

We call those trees cotton woods out here. You can try rinsing the buds at harvest. Get a 5-gallon bucket of room temperature RO water dip the branch, then dry and hang. The trichomes shouldn’t be harmed is you are gentle.

4 Likes

I referred to them as cotton wood here and those around me were clueless so I’m just gonna keep going with that…

Anyway, that was going to be the plan… I don’t see it working well since the buds have some time yet to grow and swell… Guess I’ll have to just pick them out when I smoke… I wanted to press some of this in a hair straightener… Looks like I’ll have to get some of those screens they use since I can’t squish whole buds with these damned things in it.

2 Likes

The Juanita I reversed looks like she is about to start shedding some polen. Time to isolate her (him?) from the rest of my grow.

Now time for the next phase of my project, I’m soaking five Freedom Dream I got thanks to @legalcanada. These will go in my little 1x1x2 box.

14 Likes

Hey @ReikoX…nice photos…are these photos from a phone or camera???..they are very crisp and clear.

2 Likes

They are from my Samsung S9+. I bought it for the camera. I also crop and balance colors and levels in photoshop.

4 Likes

Thanks for letting me know.i have a s8…your pictures are really standing out sitwise…it has great clarity and impressive

2 Likes

Omg this made me ROFL!

6 Likes

@ReikoX, I ordered some STS, it is supposed to be here by this coming Wednesday. When should I start using it. I have 3 sweet tooth plants that have just showed their lady parts and no males this round. Probably the seedling I accidentally dried out would have been a boy. That’s how my luck runs. Is it too late for these to reverse on? They showed sex on 6/14.

@Eddie.saw, Here is a photo of #80, my LR x LD (seeds courtesy of @ReikoX) female. Since I had only one female, I fully pollinated her as soon as she showed her girly parts. The seeds are so mature, the seed pods are splitting. Last week I put it in the plastic pan that is visible in the photo because I was certain it was going to start dropping seeds soon. Today there was 3 seeds in the pan.

She is 66 days since germination in this pic. She is 68 days today.

I plucked off 7 of the yellowed leaves but had to stop because I wasn’t wearing gloves and she was getting me very sticky. I plan to remove the remaining yellowed leaves to give the lower buds some more light. I really like the SolSheet Original (from @Baudelaire at SolStrip) I am using for this plant. At 8" away the top cola got bleached. Not from heat, at about 86°, it is the coolest light I have.

I have 3 more LR x LD plants above ground, in 8" pots. I haven’t taken any pics yet because they are still being boring. I think they will be able to go in right about the time I harvest #80, but if #80 isn’t ready by then, it won’t be much longer. I am growing them in 21/3 lighting in my veg chamber. There is enough open space to accommodate all of them, no problem.

4 Likes

You could probably still reverse the female, it will just take longer. Usually first spray is when flipped to 12/12 and once a week after, up to three weeks.

5 Likes