ReikoX's Auto Projects

In this picture it looks to me like you graftet the Juanita top on a Lowryder plant. :smiley:

10 Likes

Got the JLO F2 plants trimmed up. I was worried I wouldn’t get too many seeds, but clearly that is not the case. You can see a bunch in the middle plant just trying to burst out of their pods. I’ll let them dry even more (they are pretty crispy now) then deseed them and test the flower for CBD.

28 Likes

Do you send it out for analysis? Or like the beam test?

4 Likes

Beam’s test for now. Smoking it to test for THC. :+1::seedling:

12 Likes

I know it’s 5% KOH and 95% ethanol, do you have to start with glacial ethanol? Do you make it with molecular sieves or buy? I’ve been curious to try it on a few strains.

Do you know any tests for cbg?

5 Likes

Actually denatured alcohol works just fine. Here is a detailed post in this thread on my at home testing.

11 Likes

TLC can be done at home to test for cannabinoids if you want to go down that rabbit hole. :hole: :rabbit2:

7 Likes

I have some tlc strips I bought, but I haven’t actually sat down to figure it out yet. I think I need more chemistry lol

6 Likes

good afternoon @ReikoX just started your thred very nice work (very long thred)
i have a question i hope you can help me with
if i hit a female auto with regular photo pollen what type of seed will this make ??
thanks
:man_farmer:lime
(back ta reading)

1 Like

That’s what companies are marketing as “fast flower” strains. It’s an F1 hybrid with half auto and half photo genes, basically it shortens the flower time by 2-3 weeks. If you cross those with themselves, you get 25% normal photos, 50% fast flowers, and 25% auto flowers.

9 Likes

I get asked this a lot, you probably haven’t gotten to it yet but it is explained in this post.

11 Likes

thank you @ReikoX and @anon93244739 that helps alot only ever done one auto before, had to pop 4 to cover a gap and i have a little space monkey pollen so i thought what the hek lets give it a go
thanks again guys
:man_farmer:lime

2 Likes

This is one of the few reasons I miss the signatures on posts. I’m happy to not have the clutter, but keeping FAQ info in there was great.

1 Like

One of the two Sugar Black Rose autos came up. I got it transplanted into its final 2 gallon home. I am likely to hit this one up with some SBR pollen in the fridge and make F2s. :grin:

20 Likes

sounds like a nice project. chasing traits?

Not really chasing traits, just making seeds to share.
:+1::seedling:

8 Likes

Here are some very informative discussions about cannabis breeding. The second video discusses autos briefly, but is very interesting.

15 Likes

Damned decent of you.

:yum:

1 Like

Yesterday I did a bioassay of the JLO F2 plants to test for THC. For this test I did single snaps out of the bong. I haven’t done any bong rips in a while. I first tested the runt (5-2) and it had THC in it. An hour later I took a rip of the Juanita dominant (3-8) and it also had THC in it. By the time I got to the last plant (3-3) I was too high to tell. So this evening, I took a rip and it definitely had some THC in it as well.

Tonight I tested for CBD, the Juanita dominant plant tested positive for CBD, the other two had no reaction.

JLO F2 #5-2. Dry weight: 3.7 Seed Weight: 1.8THC: Yes CBD: No

JLO F2 #3‐3 Dry Weight: 6.7 Seed Weight: 5.2 THC: Yes CBD: No

JLO F2 #3-8 Dry Weight: 4.0 Seed Weight: 8.3 THC: Yes CBD: Yes

20 Likes

About a week ago I threw a JLO F3 seed in some soil. I didn’t think it would sprout being such a fresh seed, but sure enough it sprouted. I didn’t quite have enough soil, but it will do. Sugar Black Rose on the left, JLO F3 on the right.

25 Likes