ReikoX's Auto Projects

@Eddie.saw, Here is a photo of #80, my LR x LD (seeds courtesy of @ReikoX) female. Since I had only one female, I fully pollinated her as soon as she showed her girly parts. The seeds are so mature, the seed pods are splitting. Last week I put it in the plastic pan that is visible in the photo because I was certain it was going to start dropping seeds soon. Today there was 3 seeds in the pan.

She is 66 days since germination in this pic. She is 68 days today.

I plucked off 7 of the yellowed leaves but had to stop because I wasnā€™t wearing gloves and she was getting me very sticky. I plan to remove the remaining yellowed leaves to give the lower buds some more light. I really like the SolSheet Original (from @Baudelaire at SolStrip) I am using for this plant. At 8" away the top cola got bleached. Not from heat, at about 86Ā°, it is the coolest light I have.

I have 3 more LR x LD plants above ground, in 8" pots. I havenā€™t taken any pics yet because they are still being boring. I think they will be able to go in right about the time I harvest #80, but if #80 isnā€™t ready by then, it wonā€™t be much longer. I am growing them in 21/3 lighting in my veg chamber. There is enough open space to accommodate all of them, no problem.

4 Likes

You could probably still reverse the female, it will just take longer. Usually first spray is when flipped to 12/12 and once a week after, up to three weeks.

5 Likes

LMFAO! Thanks, I needed that. Much loveā€¦:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Oh then I have time yet @ReikoX, they are currently under 21/3 lighting. Friday is the day they go into 12/12. Iā€™d like to reverse one, fully seed another and the last can be seedless for pure smoking pleasure. Itā€™ll be pretty cool getting femmed Sweet Tooth seeds.

Have you tried STS yet? I believe you mentioned your were going to try it soon.

@Mr.Sparkle, have you tried STS yet? Last time we spoke, you said it was reputed get the job done in a single application, Iā€™m wondering if it worked out that way for you.

2 Likes

Yes, in this very thread I showed how to make it, as well as the results of reversing Juanita la Lagrimosa.

4 Likes

no havenā€™t tried yet, but i should start planning for the next batch of seeds iā€™ll make. Also from my understanding you only need one application, but even if following up once a week till plants are growing pollen sacs that there is still better than CS imo.

2 Likes

Oh, Iā€™m sorry, @ReikoX, I was thinking you used colloidal silver. I thought that may have been why your Juanita appeared to have problems, but maybe it was just too much LITFA? So much for trying to do a quick scan to see what I missed in the last 12 days. :confounded:

I ordered mine from eBay. The seller calls it The Need for Seeds, or maybe that is the name of his site. Iā€™m getting 4 oz for $30. I will go back and actually read instead of scan so I can see how you made it. I couldnā€™t make CS as it required a silver object and I donā€™t have any and donā€™t know where to get some at a responsible price. I imagine it is also required for making STS, but Iā€™ll see in a little bit.

Hereā€™s a fun fact. Did you know that dimes, quarters, half dollars and silver dollars were actually made of silver until sometime in the late '60s, early '70s. I made a silver ring out of a half dollar when I was 16. Try that on a copra (sp?) nickel half dollar and it will eventually split apart from tapping (lightly) on the edge going around.

Is CS a hit or miss process?

2 Likes

Wow dude how havnt I seen this thread :fearful: an I got some of these seeds I feel blessed thanks again man@ReikoX

3 Likes

not hit or miss, just need to spray once to twice a day depending

3 Likes

@Mr.Sparkle: Oh, CS is more work. I can easily relate to that. I have a hard time getting my dogs fed on time and I have an alarm set on my computer to remind. Yesterday, I had one of my 5 gal feed containers filling with RO water and forgot that as well and ran 2 gallons on the floor by the time I remembered. I had an alarm set for that too, but everything concerning my grows is in the basement and I was outside with the dogs. I also would prefer to not need to remember to use CS 2x/day as with my memory, Iā€™d be just as likely to fail to spray often enough and cause myself problems.

2 Likes

Not sure what happened, but the Juanita clone was flopped over dead this morning. Overdose of LITFA? Possibly, or it just didnā€™t like sitting in my bathroom window. Next attempt will be with a bigger, happier clone to start with. So, Iā€™ll likely make F2s of the Freedom Dream if I canā€™t get any pollen out of her.

9 Likes

Sorry for your loss it was a good trial and error. Love your info! Keep it up!

3 Likes

If you donā€™t know, it is a bonafide mystery.

Cottonwood is another from the Poplar family, huh?

3 Likes

How in the Wide World of Sports (had to throw the Blazing Saddles reference in the) did you figure this out?

I got lost at ā€œLetā€™s take a look at my goals.ā€ LOL

4 Likes

Okay, I read a few posts about CS and Autoā€™s for feminized seeds. The question I have is, and if I missed it I apologize, when EXACTLY would I start spraying CS to get pollen sacs? The one time I tried, I got very little pollen. I think I may have just started too late.

5 Likes

Short answer is once you start 12/12 spray CS daily for three weeks.

6 Likes

Or after 3 weeks from seed if you are using autoā€™s.

7 Likes

If anyone is interested, my STS arrived today. This is it and the user guide it came with:

The Need for Seed - instructions.pdf (796.6 KB)

I ordered it last Thursday morning online, and it showed up today. Three business days from Washington, not bad.
Not as impressive as making it myself would be, but it is here nonetheless. I move my Sweet Tooth plants into Flowering this coming Friday, and I will spray the shortest plant. It is extremely compact, yet sturdy. The 2 cuttings Iā€™m making into clones were the 2 lowest branches from this plant. They were about 1/4" thick, I took the same 2 prunings from the the other two plants and theirs were more like 1/8" thick.

I wasnā€™t originally planning one doing a Sweet Tooth since it was from a pack of regular seeds, I was going to use it on some of the femmed seeds I got given to me. I still will, but this gives me a practice run that has no risk to it. :smiley:

8 Likes

I just picked up, on amazon, 1oz CS with 250ppm. I figure I can dilute to 50ppm and get 5oz. Was only 6 and change.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000Q454A6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That STS seems pretty expensive. I read the instructions and saw you only use it once every five days, but how long do you think that 4oz bottle will last you?

3 Likes

I think when I tried to do the Autos, flowering snook up on me so they were already into flower when I started. Would it actually harm the plant if you were to start even earlier, say 2 weeks instead of 3, just to be sure?

2 Likes