ReikoX's Workshop 2021

To be honest, I don’t have a goal at all but… I think this will land on the lower side of the scale. If I had to guess, I will yield about 3% return of wet weight into dried hash. That will probably yield around 48 grams of hash, last time this strain yielded about 50% rosin return, so I’ll wager this batch will yield 24 grams of high quality hash rosin. More than enough to last me until next harvest. :grin:

20 Likes

@ReikoX Just got my pack of GWK X JLO yesterday all safe and sound thank you very much. :metal: :+1:

6 Likes

So it sounds like you first make… bubble/ice water hash? Then press to rosin?
I have never done rosin pressing, but watched a video on it and sounds like they were getting 20-28% return (pressing dried buds) which was how I spitball calculated the 100g.
What is the reason/benefit to first making hash, then pressing, vs just pressing the buds?
Does it have anything to do with one type of trichome vs another and only wanting the stalked/headed trichomes in the rosin?

3 Likes

Yes, I will be making rosin from my "whole plant fresh frozen (WPFF) hash. I will then press that into “live rosin”. I’m going to try to cold cure it, that’s a new process for me.

Getting a return of 20-28% on dry flower is on the high end in my experience. Typical returns are in the 15-20% range, but my personal lowest was 6% and my highest 26%.

Making hash first has a few benefits. First, I can wash the plant fresh frozen. This preserves the terpenes and makes for a more flavorful product. Second, it eliminates much of the plant matter, preventing the chlorophyll from getting in the extract. Finally, I don’t have to dry it at all, so that saves me a bit of time and space. Its definitely quality over quantity.

15 Likes

Very interesting and informative. That definitely gives me something to think about in the future.

You freeze it first, before you dry it, then “wash it”, which is the bags and ice water? Then you cold cure the rosin after you press it from the hash?

5 Likes

Did I mention I’m going to “freeze dry” the hash like @JoeCrowe does? You should check out his hash thread, its super informative.

17 Likes

I’ve heard a bit about the process. I’ll read into it a bit more.

The live that I tried has definitely had the best flavor of the few types I have tried. Apparently the monoterpenes live up to their hype.

Edit: I do remember that he says the cleaner the hash turns out, the smoother it is.

5 Likes

it’s a long read lol it documents my progress from thinking I was making awesome hash to getting 4th place in the contest, then going back to the drawing board and creating a new process I have never seen before that creates freeze dried hash. lol some of my friends thought someone else taught me how to do it.

12 Likes

yeah it is long…thorough. still reading.

2 Likes

Free Seed Friday
This is just like it sounds, each Friday I will be giving away free seeds. The way this works is I will post up three packs of seeds. The first three people to comment “dibs” will win a pack.

Up for grabs this week are three packs of Zak Haze x JLO. These are regular photoperiod plants.

Those of you who won last week, I’m a little behind getting them out. Been a busy week.

25 Likes

Dibs please

5 Likes

Did I win??!?!!

1 Like

Yep, you’re first. There are two more slots open.

3 Likes

Dibs, I don’t qualify but still fun

3 Likes

Yes, awesome man thank you so much! :grin: have an awesome day brother, you just made mine :grinning:

2 Likes

This is the longest one yet!

7 Likes

Dibs…:two_hearts:

I’ve got em tho. Thanks to @Floyd :green_heart::green_heart:

3 Likes

That’s two :+1::seedling:

4 Likes

Undibs… Lol.

1 Like

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 21.20.03

4 Likes