ReikoX's Workshop 2021

Holy guacamole! My wife says they are like 70 cents apiece in Oklahoma

5 Likes

Think Im paying about that maybe a bit more depending on the store here in oklahoma

2 Likes

Do you think I could freeze coconut water in an ice cube tray, by serving size, and pull them out of the freezer as needed?

The coconut water I bought says it is only good for 5 days, and that was my idea to not waste it.

4 Likes

Yeah, thatā€™s cheap. But Iā€™d rather live in LA and pay four bucks for an avocado than live in Oklahoma and pay seventy cents :joy::joy::joy: And thatā€™s for organic avocados. Regular avocados only cost 99 cents.

4 Likes

That might work. Iā€™d just buy the freeze-dried coconut water from buildasoil. Or you can get it for even cheaper here: Coconut Water Powder- Organic Freeze Dried Coconut Juice

I only use it a couple times a grow and have had the same one pound bag for at least a year. I just keep it in the freezer.

4 Likes

I had my wife pick up a couple cartons at the natural market to play around with a bit.

Good idea though. Itā€™s supposed to help a bit. I need to get off my butt and brew a tea.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve used coconut :coconut: water a few times, but this time Iā€™ve added organic raw coconut flakes into the soil, Iā€™m hopeful that it will slowly add the same nutrients into the soil. Have you ever tried this before? I never have untill now myself.

1 Like

I just watered my plants with it for the first time in flower three nights ago, three teaspoons in five gallons of water. The plants are noticeably frostier. That could just be because theyā€™re getting relatively close to finishing (Iā€™m on day 45 today, probably have between 20 and 30 days to go, depending on the strain). The Purple NL2 in particular has really started getting frosty, which it hadnā€™t been at all prior to watering with the coconut. In fact, it was noticeably un-frosty. Again, I dunno if the coconut had anything to do with it, but it doesnā€™t seem to have hurt haha.

2 Likes

Uh uh, no, I never have. Thatā€™s why I asked you in your thread a while back what the deal with those coconut flakes in the soil was. First time Iā€™d ever even heard of someone doing that.

1 Like

Haha oohhhb yeah. Sorry brother. Lack of memory sometimesā€¦ Iā€™ve seen other people use coconut water :droplet: and they seemed to like it. :+1: otherwise itā€™s an experiment with the flakes.

3 Likes

Itā€™s cool, I forget shit all the time. The thing about those coconut flakes, I dunno how big they are or anything, but it might take them a while to break down and become available to your plant/soil. I really donā€™t know, though. Is this an idea you came up with or have you seen other people do it? Whatā€™d they have to say about it?

1 Like

Nope. Never seen anyone do it either lol
I grinded them down with the blender, a little more course then sugar is the consistencyā€¦
I wanted the slow release anyways to help during Flowering mostly. If anything it canā€™t hurt, so why not. No idea If Iā€™ll ammend with it or not. Time will tell I guess.

1 Like

This might explain the prices of avocados :avocado:

Drug cartels that try to take over avocado crops.

9 Likes

It makes total sense. I know that around here you canā€™t even get Mexican brick weed anymore. The legalizing of cannabis by the states cut off a major source of the cartels income.

To make that money up, they have been making large amounts of methanphetamine. This has been imported into the states. Apparently they are deciding to diversify.

It really is hard to tell. I noticed after I gave my flower tent ffj, the smell really started to come out. Until I run the strain several times and keep good notes, I wonā€™t know if it was just their time or not.

2 Likes

Yeah, I really need to start keeping a few mothers around and running the same strain a few times, do some experiments like giving some coconut water and some no coconut water etc, just to see how much of a difference, if any, it makes.

Which just goes to show you that if the US actually wanted to do something about the drug problem here, theyā€™d legalize all drugs. Legalize and regulate. Itā€™s a proven fact that that is the most effective way to deal with drugs, drug-related crime etc etc.

4 Likes

This would cause numbers to lower but we live in a not so perfect world. So nothing will ever completely be great. Thatā€™s why I like to stick to my own, on my own lil piece of heaven and let the world go on right by me minding my own!

3 Likes

I never tried it, like others I use the freeze dried powder. Iā€™m sure it wouldnā€™t hurt.

You may get some NPK from it, but the coconut meat and water are not the same thing. Good luck.

8 Likes

Iā€™m not necessarily an advocate for any certain system. I do know it is completely stupid to treat an addict like a criminal though. It is extremely counter productive. There are better ways to deal with it. Iā€™m just not an expert on how.

Iā€™m going to try it.

5 Likes

Hey @ReikoX
These seeds you have been giving out are reg autos. I assume if I get a male and breed with his sister I will get more reg auto seeds. Correct?

10 Likes

Holly crapā€¦ thatā€™s a motherloadā€¦ I guess you can always eat themā€¦ I eat hemp seeds in salads and yogurtā€¦ I really like the crunchinessā€¦

4 Likes