ReikoX's Workshop 2022

I thought I went six weeks, but I couldn’t find the documentation passed 3.5 weeks.

8 Likes

That’s totally fair bud. To each their own. I agree I too get over strains if I smoke them consistently over a long period but that’s why I have half a dozen or so varieties and change them up regularly. I just think it a world full of so many Meh strains that it’s nice to be able to keep one around if you find it special. Does not have to fill your tent but you can keep a female in veg for years and when you feel like clone her to raise one or two more plants. Variety is great but sometimes consistency can be quite useful.

6 Likes

Well here may be opening a whole nother can of worms for debate but I think it also has a lot more factors than ppl consider for what they “experience” as end result. We all have our grow methods and those methods may have certain cultivars that respond better to them, whereas others may shine and be the star of the show grown under a diff set of conditions even if it was the same sets of cultivars. There’s just so many variables from grow to grow between farmers with environment, light intensity, locally sourced grow mediums, nutes applied, etc. So what might have sucked in one person’s garden might be absolute fire in someone elses, then u consider the high comparisons, might be a pleasant high right at peak THC with 100% cloudy but let some amber get in there and it’s to much of an uncomfortable couch lock for some🤷 I’ve known some ppl that prefer early picked indicas for that very reason but still a factor to consider for that end experience that we decide we like about a plant.

I’ve been a part of Cali grows and now growing down here in az I see some very notable differences especially in trichome production and terp profiles, that dry heat with extreme light intensity in a greenhouse protecting from wind really brings out both here so of the 50 plants I grew last year all from seed I can’t really say anything was even meh, only reason I wouldn’t grow some of em again is either burned out on it or it was an absolute nightmare to trim

For the major stars of the show I just self em, my personal opinion it’s pretty much the same thing as storing a clone of it just preserves in seed form easier to store for years

1 Like

But it’s not, selfing is not even close to a clone. Selfing is more like an F2 than anything else. You will have to hunt through quite a few of the progeny and hope to find something similar to the parent.

12 Likes

Well the last 3 runs I did of my giving tree from my selfed seeds all came out exactly the same as their mom, it’s a 3 way cross that was only an f2 when i selfed it. Each end everytime it’s came out bushy, same leaf structure and that extreme sour/fuel exactly like mom so I dunno, just going off what I’ve personally seen and experienced 🤷

What do u think the reasoning behind the belief that it’s extremely easy to “lock in” undesirable traits selfing a plant came from? There’s no other genetics to roll the dice with so majority of the time the same dominate traits that made up the genotype of mom is gonna continue to show up in the prodigy phenotypes grown under same conditions

This is where I think the different methods may play a big role in variables though, my methods are the same and all the babies were grown the same, hand those off to someone else with different methods and some other variables may show up 🤷

Thanks. Guess I never read the FAQ :blush:
But seriously I am completely new to the clone thing.

5 Likes

Mixed on this.

If I want the genes I’ll gladly take a clone inside after the following:

1. Clone SOAKED in Safers End All multiple times, several days apart.
  2. Root soak with H202 (diluted 3% still giving a little fizz)
  3. Days later, root soak with aquabac
  4. Day of bringing in: icing sugared with powdered sulfur.

Then s’all good… I hope.

7 Likes

Did all of that, QT for a month. Ended up with HpLVd. :angry:

9 Likes

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :sob:

2 Likes

I was thinking more along the lines of the opening scrub down scene of 12 Monkeys

:vulcan_salute: :laughing:

Cheers
G

7 Likes

So I just went a little crazy with some GLo reversed pollen. :grin:

33 Likes

@ReikoX Yes… really nice :clap: :clap: :clap: Kudos :hugs:
Kinda was missing looking at your beds… Auto beds for now, lol :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I transplanted the Solo’s Stash into party cups of a hot/moist coots mix. I let the soil dry out for a few days and didn’t add any water this time. Hopefully I don’t get as many damping off as I did last time with the GG4 RIL.

I’m still playing with the bonsai GG4 RIL despite it being a male.

And another, auto bonsai. Haven’t done as much with this one.

Finally the autos show signs of pollination. They are about 34 days from germination. They seem to be showing some early yellowing, I’m not sure if it is from the dichondra, it is really aggressive and completely covering the drippers.

I had a bunch of food grade (220-160 micron) hash, so I decided to try and make some hash rosin carts. I went to two different stores looking for some small small canning jars, but couldn’t find anything smaller than this honey jar I already had. I then went to find my carts, but only found one, and it was broken. I went to three different vape shops before finding these.

I took about 9 grams (I didn’t weigh it) of the food grade hash and pressed it out to about 4 grams of rosin (again I didn’t weigh it). The rosin was immediately put in the jar and sealed it. I then put it in my toaster oven at about 225°F for about 30 minutes until it stopped bubbling.

After it cooled, I sucked it up in the syringe and filled the carts. I then put the carts in the the toaster oven at about 100°F for about 30 minutes to wick them. So far the two hits I took are doing the job, I will see how they hold up to daily use and how long they last.

53 Likes

Very interesting. I can’t wait to learn to do this.

3 Likes

great lesson there Reiko, I had no idea it is this straight forward, I bought the gear (the pen, carts etc…) a while back but did not as when I was reading up, you had to add this and that and in the end I thought bollox, I would rather dab it pure.

So a question or two if that is ok?

• What heat do you press the hash at, and what screen bag do you use?
  • does the sealed jar have to be heat sealed or anything special or just tightly closed
  • would this also work pressing bud or is it the form it comes from the hash that makes it work

The rest looks straight forwards

Thank you
Z

3 Likes

I love sewing. Crochet and macramé it was cool. The hanging shell baskets. @ReikoX good stuff. I keep reading. I do like the set up. Mud season is coming soon I’m sure. Jeep’s this year?

4 Likes

I presses the hash at 78°C for about 3 minutes. I double bag the hash, first in a 25 micron bag, then a 160 micron bag.

The jar needs to seal and withstand heat, a canning jar or similar works best.

No, the extra fat and lipids in the flower rosin are problematic. This is only intended for hash rosin.

17 Likes

Hope to get a roll cage installed this spring/summer. Should at least do a couple smaller trails.

7 Likes

I got some stuff going on I haven’t been able to work home but I hope to get finished soon. @ReikoX I’ll shoot you some pictures

2 Likes

Really cool project! If I’m reading this correctly, you essentially have pure hash rosin in there, and haven’t needed to add any other liquids to the carts? I’m kind of wary of smoking things that aren’t just marijuana, so this could really open my mind up to trying something like this!

5 Likes