ReikoX's Workshop Rebuild 2020

A possibility right? In theory it is so I can remotely assist in the garden with the help of a caretaker. I have never used that feature. I guess if my timing is right, I can yell at the thrives as the take off with my stuff. :rofl:

9 Likes

My buddy at Adobe told me the same thing… ‘just drop it off & get a new one’ :laughing: oh man… that old 486 & Doom are still in my mind…

:evergreen_tree:

10 Likes

DOOM for sure.
…and Wolfenstein 3D. :smile:

14 Likes

Awe the great erra of dial up, BBS, and freeware.

13 Likes

Those bastards didn’t waste any time moving in did they? :dizzy_face:

:cowboy_hat_face:

7 Likes

This thread of your build has been fascinating and full of tips and excellent applications. Can I get you to come down to Texas and do that for me? Hell I’ll pay you 2 or 3 hundred dollars and a bud or two! :rofl:

Blessings…

10 Likes

My yard is loaded with them, they are kind of a chronic issue every summer.

5 Likes

Sure, I’ve got nothing going for the next six months or so. :rofl:
I severely underestimated the scope of this project. Often I regret it and wish I would have just kept growing in my small cabinets. I’m so tired by this point, I’m running out of time, motivation, and money.

But I’m so close, I juat need to power through to the end. I’m sure it will be worth it once I start growing some plants again.

22 Likes

Shockingly, not that much has changed. Still got modems, still got forums, still got newsgroups. And isn’t all the underlying hardware essentially the same architecture, just higher capacity, as when it was first designed in the 70s and 80s?

5 Likes

So weird… I’ve never seen a software developer say that before! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I hear ya, but looking at the plans you’ve posted I’d bet money you are going to be well pleased with the changes once it’s all running. :grinning:

8 Likes

It will be more than worth it for years to come. What does your dad think? Great Yeoman’s caliber work. Be proud of yourself. It would have taken years for a typical stoner to do it!

Blessings…

11 Likes

Dad is pretty proud, he shared quite a bit of knowledge. Some I got from watching my grandfather as a young child. I’m sure it will provide plenty of fruit for my labors. My first time framing a wall, installing electrical outlets, installing insulation, epoxying a floor, taping and mudding wallboard, etc.

Sounds about right, I started first designing the rebuild in January 2019. I started the rebuild in January 2020. Here I am in September hoping I can have it done by 2021. :rofl:

16 Likes

Been there, done that. Trust me, there is light at the end of the tunnel…and a year from now? Your gonna grin…“I made this”. Worked on others peoples properties? Yep I was proud… My own remodel? I’m still astounded.

10 Likes

Last week I was working the exotic spectrum boards and I couldn’t get the PWM connections to fit in the connector. I got frustrated so I quit before I broke something. A couple days late I looked closely and noticed the connector was soldered shut. I ended up having to solder the connections. I also made some wiring harnesses and confirmed that all four supplemental boards will work off a single power supply.

Today I made six more harnesses and wired up the three lights. I then connected the three sonoff controllers to the network then hooked the drivers up to them. Finally, i connected all the 2700K and 5000K drivers to the remaining two channels of my Bluefish controller.

I have a single LED diode out. I had some water damage in my old storage cab, basically the remaining diodes just get more power.

34 Likes

The good news is, I have a very biologically active soil; the bad news is, the paper pots decomposed faster than I could get roots, so they got tossed into the worm bin. I may try the paper pots again with newspaper. I found that the newspaper lasts longer in the worm bin than the paper bags. I may try filling it with just peat, or even coco instead of the recycled soil I usually start clones in.

My Juanita La Lagrimosa mother is getting leggy again, so I took two clones and put them in RR. I transplanted the two remaining rooted Jabba’s Stash clones to 10 oz. cups and moved them onto their own shelf. The Ghost Toof x Sugar Black Rose on the top shelf finally started some growth above the soil. I have slowly been increasing the top light’s midday value. Right now, they are up to 80% of the max intensity. Sorry for the webcam photo, I forgot to snap one with my phone.

I cleaned out my dirty concentrate containers with ethanol. I then rinsed all my rosin bags in the same ethanol. I stuck the alcohol in the freezer for a few days so it can winterize. I’ll then filter the solidified waxes and evaporate the last of the alcohol. I’ll use this for cooking and capsules.

I have been hearing about the calyx concentrate containers on Hash Church. They are stack-able, can be opened one handed, and have a FEP anti-stick liner for the lid. When I looked them up, they only sell them by the box of 250, so I bought a one. I pressed out some rosin to test them out. So far I am enjoying them. Here is the Butter Cookies rosin for your dome!

34 Likes

Those containers look pretty neat. Trying to get rid of a few or think you’ll need all 250? :rofl:

Sucks the paper pots aren’t holding up as long, I wondered on that but that was still a great idea. I think the newspaper would likely last a bit longer… Ink not an issue? Would think it’s at least non-toxic :thinking:

6 Likes

I have a few people interested in the calyx containers. If you want in on the group buy DM me for details. :wink:

As long as it is B&W print, the ink should be safe. Most are soy or water based. I think if I used a less active media, like coco coir, they would last longer. They worked great for seed starts.

I’m still torn about the RR cubes. They are made of sphangum peat moss (organic no worries) and polyether polyurethane foam (man made). From my understanding, the PE-PU foam is only slightly degradable. I have seen RR cubes still hold their shape in the worm bin over three months time.

They work great but are not OMRI (or any other) certified for organic farming. I used perlite in the past with good success, but they always struggle getting their roots adjusted to the soil.

9 Likes

Ah yeah, I do really like the Root Riots, preferred roto rooters but I guess they don’t make them anymore. I’ve just had bad luck with jiffy pots and other peat based starters and these hold up awhile so I use them. They do seem to disintegrate over time. I didn’t really have any left of it after a few months of DWC or in soil.

5 Likes

Now that I got the wiring harness bench tested, I installed it to the ceiling. In retrospect, I should have painted the wood strips. That’s okay, I’ll just tape it up, nobody should be looking at the ceiling anyway.

I drilled a hole between the flower and veg room for the conduit and ran the wire for the lights. I plan to have a wood door on a hinge for the drivers. The drivers will be mounted to the front of the door and the wiring hidden nicely behind it.

20 Likes

Oh sweet lord of silicon, please take me back to an internet that could form complete thoughts, at least more often than not. Take me back to a day when people had to have at least two brain cells to rub together before they could broadcast their every single pointless gripe to the entire world.

It’s been September for 27 years now… that is waaaaay too long… :man_facepalming:

10 Likes