ReikoX's Workshop Rebuild 2020

I ordered up a small 12"x12" wire rack for the veg room. I needed somewhere to organize my grow stuff.

The autos on the top shelf are finally getting some steam going. Next shelf down are some Jabba’s Stash clones that just got transplanted into 10 oz. cups. Next down are a couple Juanita la Lagrimosa cuttings waiting to root. Finally, on the bottom, my bonsai mother plants.

28 Likes

Got quite a bit accomplished in the workshop this weekend. First, I installed a GFCI outlet in the veg room. This is the plug I’ll use for the lights in the flower room.

My plan is to make a cabinet for the drivers. The drivers will be mounted to the front with the wiring behind. This should keep the rats nest of wiring looking nice and tidy. I got the frame and the door cut out and primered.

Finally, I painted the wood strips on the ceiling and hung all the lights. I still have a few adjustments to make, but everything pretty much fits.

23 Likes

Did you lay on the floor for your last pic :slight_smile:

All looks good

10 Likes

Why yes, yes I did. And, though I hate to admit it, I had trouble getting back up.

21 Likes

Going the extra distance for the best shot lol.

I was thinking, when I looked at it, if I did that, it would probably cause me a lot of pain :wink:

10 Likes

The Ghost Toof x SBR autos are taking off now… I transplanted them from their cups into their final home. They were a little dry and I wasn’t as gentle as I had hoped to be, but they shouldn’t skip a beat. I watered everything in with recharge.

Spent some time working on the driver cabinet. I got the hinges mounted and tested the door. I went with two hinges instead of three. The hinges are rated for 12.5 pounds each, and I am at about 25-30 pounds with the drivers. Adding a latch to the other side should make up for what ever extra weight I may have. The frame is mounted using some corner braces. The braces are secured to the studs on the right and with toggle bolts on the left.

Finally, I laid out the drivers on to mount on the outside of the door. The drivers all have a 1" gap between them. This spaces them evenly and allows for airflow. Once I mark everything, I’ll drill holes through it.

22 Likes

Sweet. All that planning and attention to detail are giving me blood flow! Lol

Seriously, nice work @ReikoX
Diggin it

I want that. No Recharge local. Have it in my Amazon cart, hoping for a price drop.

9 Likes

Thanks man, I went scrolling back through this thread and realized just how much work I’ve done!

13 Likes

Hey mate

It’s all coming along nicely, soon you’ll be able to sit back, get back into your growing and enjoy the fruits of all your labour. I’m sure it’s all going to make your growing more pleasurable.

Cheers Johnny

5 Likes

Switching up the IPM this week. Sprayed Method 1 PPS four days ago, sprayed again this morning. My Juanita mom is looking pretty sad. I’m thinking being in these 16 oz. pots for 9 months with MC and no flushing may be an issue. I decided to repot the rootball in some fresh (recycled) soil.

She has been over fertilized, over watered, and had peat damage. Hope she pulls through. I have two sad looking cuts in the clone dome.

Speaking of the clone dome, I took a few cuts off some of my taller mothers. For my records, the green cups are Skywalker OG, the red cups ar Cherry Tart, and the blue cups are Zak Haze.

15 Likes

I got all the holes marked and drilled to mount the drivers and controllers. Note to self, you need to drill three more holes for the power to the Sonoff switches. I still need more hardware too.

19 Likes

That looks like it took time to measure it all out precisely.

5 Likes

Ghost Rose @ little over 4 weeks.

13 Likes

Productive day today. I got all of the trim painted and up except the cabinet trim. The doors now look complete.

The then I started up with the baseboard. Finished the lung room.

When I was working on the flower room I put a few brads in this wall, but it still wouldn’t stick. I forgot it was concrete. Had to glue it instead.

Finally, I got the baseboard in the veg room and started on mounting the drivers. I’m going to need to get some longer screws for the Sonoff controllers.

I’ll still need to put up the cabinet trim,caulk any gaps in the trim, and touch up the paint. After that, ill make the fabric beds and start building my soil.

26 Likes

Nice job on the painting on the doors and the trim work, I hate fixing the baseboard I always end up missing the studs with the nail gun. I always put a bead of silicone along the top of the baseboard to fill any gaps now as well as the corner joints, makes it look a lot neater.

8 Likes

Last night, I got some longer screws for the Sonoff controllers and got the rest of the drivers mounted.

Everything fired up nicely, but I still have to wire up the PWM controls for the dimming of the 2700K and 5000K strips.

I ordered up some self adhesive zip ties to manage the rat’s nest of wiring. Right now I have trouble with the door not being able to close, partly because the wood is warped and partly because of the wiring and mounting hardware.

I took a mental health day tomorrow. I hope to get the trim on the cabinets. Then I’ll run a bead of silicone on the baseboard and trim, and touch up any paint. After that, all I have to do is get the beds made and soil built. Hopefully, by Sunday I’ll have dirt and soak some seeds.

26 Likes

Yeah things are really coming together in there now! Definitely hear the mental health day, gotta take a break from that stuff every so often or you go crazy. Either with exhaustion or stress.

Least you’re in the home stretch!

4 Likes

Is that an official work sanctioned thing? Or just what you call taking a day off to work on home projects? Id be ok if I had vacation, sick, floating holidays, and then mental health days added onto my PTO!

3 Likes

yeah I wish… Just part of my PTO.

5 Likes

Took care of the garden last night. Starting at the top of the rack, the Ghost Toof x Sugar Black Rose (Ghost Rose) are looking pretty good. The one on the left is starting to form some bud sites. I raised the light a bit to get some more vertical growth on them.

Now for the bad news, remember that Juanita la Lagrimosa mother I re-planted? Well she didn’t make it. Too much stress for her I suppose. I have two small cuts of her that have been in RR cubes for about a week. Do you think they will make it? Shall I pray to Shiva? I do have another seed from the original three, but one was 1:1 CBD to THC and the other was all THC. I also have some Juanita la Lagrimosa x Lowryder2 that I planned to work some more. So, we will see what fate has in store for my Juanita Auto project.

The rest of the clones are all happy and healthy.

The next rack down I have a couple of Jabba’s Stash rooted clones. These are in 10 oz. paper cups of recycled soil.

Finally on the bottom rack are my mother plants. I don’t know what to say… I came to the realization that I have been feeding these a salt based fertilizer (Mega Crop) for about nine months now without ever having flushed. On top of that, I was taking clones and sticking them back in the same 16 oz. pot. So, I did something I rarely do, and flushed my plants. After the first gallon of RO, the PPM was 800 (500 scale) and the pH was 7.0. Not bad, but not great either. After about three gallons of RO water, they were at 400 PPM and still pH 7.0. I put them on some cloth towels so they would dry out faster. Perhaps another prayer to Shiva is in order? So the lesson here is, no-till doesn’t work in 16 oz. pots with Mega Crop. The Green Crack (front right) looks pretty sad, but new growth looks like she may live. The ICookies (front middle) looks like it wants to live, but has a lot of crinkly leaves even on the new growth. Everything else I have cuttings or rooted clones of.

26 Likes