ReikoX's Workshop Rebuild 2020

Are those not the bridgelux lights you built?

4 Likes

Wow they are looking really nice!!! Room is really clean too :ok_hand:!!

4 Likes

I’m hoping the taller ones are all males. They will get pulled after about 3-4 weeks.

No they are not the bridgelux, these are SolStrips. They use the older Samsung LM561C diodes.

10 Likes

Looking awesome. Nice and lush.
My canopy went out of control during stretch. (And I kinda liked it)

I gotta see what happens with your manger style grow boxes. Fun!

5 Likes

Wow @ReikoX those look AMAZING!!! :star_struck: :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Today I got the PVC to finish the second layer of trellise. I got it all measured, cut, drilled, and the eye hooks screwed in. I only had enough corners for one at the moment.

While I was in there, I removed the bottom two nodes from each plant. After four days flowering, I have seven males, four females, and two unknown.

I’ve been having humidity build up in my workshop now that the plants are bigger. Between the humidity and the concrete walls getting cold now, I had to buy a small dehumidifier.

A couple of years ago, I had put some Juanita la Lagrimosa in a jar of glycerin. Today, I finally filtered the plant material out. I took a ml and held it under my tongue for about five minutes. Ten minutes later, I was pleasantly buzzed. About an hour later, I took a dab. That put me over the top for the next three hours.

27 Likes

That’s a bummer of a ratio, how are the females dispersed in the pots?

4 Likes

Hey man, they really bounced back. Sucks about the M/F ratio but I guess it’s not terrible for making seeds. :wink:

About the humidity, I thought you had the exhaust from your chambers routed outside. That’s the whole reason I thought a single exhaust fan drawing through veg into flower would be sufficient.

With your 15% humidity outside, how’s heat and humidity building up in there?

6 Likes

If the unknown turn out female, which is likely, then the ratio is 7M/6F, not to far off from 50/50. Plus I have two female clones in there as well. So in total I will have 6-8 females with 2-3 per bed. Should work out fine.

Nope, the whole room is sealed. Not exhausting or intake of external, dry, air. Previously there was a 3" gap under the door, rarely would humidity build up.

7 Likes

No shit. I swore it was exhausted outside. Oh well. That woulda been a good way to keep humidity low.

What was the purpose of sealing the room? Are you going to try to add CO2? I was envisioning you drawing heated, dry air from the house HVAC in the other room in the winter, and humidified, cool air from your house’s swamp cooler in the summer.

I just realized maybe you only have wall wart heaters and no HVAC system? That was the case for the two houses we lived in while livin la vida loca in the 505. One central single wall mounted gas heater/radiator for the whole house, swamp cooler mounted in the ceiling above it.

4 Likes

Dang, looking good man!!! Those plants are healthy AF!! :heart_eyes: :star_struck:

5 Likes

Its a tri-level home. Central furnace and a swamp cooler in the ceiling. It is much easier to control the heat/humidity in a 10x10 room than a 30x30 basement. Plus, I have to keep it sealed up and away from prying eyes.

Yes, I will likely add CO2 soon, did you notice the CO2 bottle by the dehumidifier? :grin:

10 Likes

Cool. :+1: Can’t wait to see the effect of CO2. What are levels like in there when you’re not in the workshop?

4 Likes

When I’m not in there, I was getting around 600 PPM on my meter. When I am in there it easily gets to 1200 PPM.

9 Likes

That’s surprisingly high when you’re not in there…and above normal atmospheric concentrations. How’s that work with the plants chugging through it? You sneaking some CO2 burners in there and not telling us? :wink:

4 Likes

Microbes my friend… microbes… as they break down organic matter, like my chopped clover, they generate CO2. That’s my working theory anyway. Could be my calibrations off, but I was getting around 400 PPM outdoors, so not too far off.

10 Likes

That’s a good point. Also, if I’m not mistaken, plants exhale CO2 both day and night, right? Seems counter-intuitive, but I think it’s scientific fact.

Of course, it could be the big fruiting tubs you’ve got hidden in the cabinets, pumping out cubes by the qp, right?

6 Likes

Bugby always says consider the pilot light as a source of CO2… All that carbon dioxide is heavier than air. Although during the bio dome experiment there was a runaway carbon dioxide production, which would have killed them in the end. I was wondering how tall those plants are going to get?

5 Likes

Now don’t go giving me any ideas. :grin:

Yeah, me too! Last time I grew these seeds, they stretched quite a bit. Right now, the top screen is about 36" from the soil and I have roughly 60" from soil to lights. Most of the tallest ones are males and will be removed in a week or two anyway.

13 Likes

Hi @ReikoX, all looking great as always. So for your system you say it is sealed. I have always heard people mention that you need fresh air brought into the room. Without CO2 I am amazed that you do not need ventilation. I can see you have CO2 ready to go. Would you also consider running like this during flower if you didn’t have CO2? Or are you only running like this for now intending to add the CO2 shortly?

4 Likes