ReikoX's Workshop

Is that a general trend for sativa strains? Im trying to work with some Blue Dream clones which are supposed to be a sativa dominate strain.

How can you tell? Newbies want to know :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Taller. More “fingers” on leaves. Are the most prominent tellers mate

4 Likes

I didnt realize sativas had more fingers. On my last grow with Northern Lights and CBD critical - both mostly indica - I had a few 9’s but by far most were 7 fingers.

Height will be hard to judge in a scrog though.

1 Like

Seriously bro. Compare a few indica to sativa pictures and familiarize yourself with the characteristics. Gets easier over time. We all gotta learn. Was it full sativa you grew out or hybrid

1 Like

As I said above, they were hybrids, but more indica than sativa. Northern Lights and CBD critical.

1 Like

These monkeys are going bananas! I think these kinky girls just like the bondage. They are only about 10 days into flowering and quickly outgrowing the space.

Better? I sure hope so, I’m out of velcro. 5-gallon pots are definitely big for the height I have. I’m about ready to turn the lights up a bit more. Right now I have them at about 150-watts total. I want to bump this up to 250-watts slowly, so I don’t burn the plants.

Here is the opposite side of the cabinet with the vertical 150-watt CMH bulb. This setup did not work quite as well as I had planned. Even with only six plants, the perpetual thing is a lot of extra work. The Delicious Candy will be done in another week or two. The autos will finish up even if I start to veg in there, so I can start the next cycle while these finish up.

So I ordered up another set of SolStrips to build a duplicate of the light on the opposite side. I will be running cycles instead of perpetual. So now I have to make a decision of what to run. I’ve been wanting to run something from Ocean Grown seeds, maybe Obiwan OG (Ghost OG x Alient Rift) or Vader OG (Vader Kush x Ocean Grown #3). I also have had my eye on Bhodi’s Jabba’s Stash (Bubba Kush x Snow Lotus). Of course, I also have a bunch of LED Seedz I could run as well, Grass Monkey F2, Creme Brulee (Instant Cookies x Grass Monkey F2), Cherry Tart (Cherry OG x Grass Monkey F2), and Starfighter IBL. I’m leaning toward Jabba’s Stash or Starfighter IBL. :thinking:

Here are the Durban Poison at day 65. Notice the difference in the two plants. Which do you think is the keeper. On the left is Durban Poison 1, on the right is Durban Poison 2. The Durban Poison 1 has smaller buds, but they have purple cylax. The Durban Poison 2 has larger buds and purple sap. They both smell similar, sweet with a hint of anise and spice.

Durban Poison 1

Durban Poison 2

35 Likes

So I totally understand wanting to run the Bodhi strain, but man that Starfighter IBL looks nice! You may just have to flip a coin! :smiley:

Lookin’ like a snack! I am diggin’ the look of DP #1. It’s gonna look real nice all trimmed up.

5 Likes

Gunna have to vote for number two, strictly because she bleeds purple. I wonder if there’s any purple in the trichomes :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

None that I’ve seen :+1::seedling:

20 Likes

I always skipped over Durban Poison seeds back in the day because the pictures were so purple I didn’t believe they were real.

3 Likes

Some really nice colours in that bud… Looking good. Mechelle x

1 Like

Wow, #2 is the looker’ but I wouldn’t decide until after a smoke-test. Nice job :+1:

4 Likes

Durban 2 caught my eye.

3 Likes

For me it’s the squish test. That’s ultimately what I am after, head ringing rosin. :bell:

6 Likes

And a third

2 is the eye candy… :eye: :candy:

5 Likes

Looked at em twice now and got the same conclusion, No 2. It’s teasing me, i can almost smell it from way over here :grin:

3 Likes

The smell is sweet anise with a hint of grape bubblegum.

8 Likes

Deffo No 2 :thumbsup:

3 Likes

I did a little bit of work on the workbench last night. I installed a Sonoff POW to monitor the lights output (eventually it will monitor everything).

I also hooked up the Bluefish controller. I’m a little bit disappointed I can’t have seperate photoperiods for each channel. I’ll need to play around some more with it, but for now I have a light graph something like this. I will most likely only be able to set the output values of the opposite photoperiod. Maybe a bit of a side-by-side to see a difference in the future? I would rather not spend another $200 to control the other side, but will if the differences are drastic.

The Blueberry in the 1x1x2 cab is still doing its thing, slowly. Not much to report here, this is basically on auto-pilot.

A close-up of the Blueberry bud.

19 Likes

Loving the look . Mechelle x

3 Likes