ReikoX's Workshop

@Viva_Mexico uses common italics for sarcasm, I’m on Android and Haven’t figured it out

1 Like

Plant counts are retarded. One picture of a mendo dope boys plant and a second picture of a 400 plant sog should be all it takes to get the whole idea tossed out.
The only thing that plant counts limit is the ability to pheno hunt efficiently.

8 Likes

I think they should just put limits on production not plant count. Plant counts dictate how I have to grow. :smiley:

2 Likes

Why should they limit a native species that has therapeutic properties?

6 Likes

There seems to be a general consensus here in Mass. to ignore the plant count rule (limit of 12). Everyone I know seems to start 15 or 20 seedlings at once. 12 flowering plants is not hard to obey though. Limiting seedlings or small clones doesn’t make any sense. In Maine you’re allowed unlimited seedlings.

The only busts I’ve seen in the news of excessive plants were guys that had 100-200 plants going or more.

5 Likes

_replace this text for what you want _

Right on, so we’re using italics for sarcasm now? I’m sure it cant be that hard to figure out

2 Likes

i fucking found it

5 Likes

New Mexico rules are four flowering plants and 12 non-flowering plants. Seedlings and clones count as non-flowering plants. In addition, you are only allowed to produce 230 units every three months. A unit is considered 1 gram of dried flower or 0.2 grams of concentrate. I’m not sure how edibles and tinctures fit in.

A 4x4 with a 600 would be too much really. I should be able to get a lb from that, but then would be twice my limit. That being said, you can see I have more than that in numbers, but not in product. In fact I’m smoking trim joints and kief box rosin right now and still have two weeks until next harvest (plus dry/cure time).

Oh and my card lapsed, so I’m technically not legal (though I have my paperwork in already).

3 Likes

For about 30 years, give or take, the blackmarket always provided pretty well. Now we have to use cards and ids and photos and seed tracking systems blah blah… it has become a joke. But obviously legalizing it any state under the dictatorship of the state (local or federal) is in the _best interest of our leaders._👽

7 Likes

Lol, I have never been legal but that will never stop me…muhaha cough haha :smiling_imp:

6 Likes

Technically, it is still illegal. All the card does is give me a defense.

2 Likes

Optimizing production for the new year

It’s getting to be the end of the year in my workshop. I like to reflect back and see if there are any areas for improvement.

I currently have two different flowering areas that I am trying to maintain. My main cab has my no-till bed and a 250W DIY LED. I have been getting around 100 grams per cycle. Typically, I would get rooted clones and start vegging them in there for three or four weeks before flipping to 12/12. Then they would get flowered for nine or ten weeks. Then I would dry them in there. Often, I would have to wait a couple more weeks for the next round of clones to root before being able to reset. This basically makes a cycle take roughly four months, or three harvests per year. 300 g/year is not cutting it. By simply drying in another area and resetting immediately, I should be able to get a fourth harvest in each year, even at 100 grams per cycle, that’s an increase of 33%!

Looking back at my notes, I had a good harvest in February with some nice buds. Then I got my autos in there a mere three days later! The next cycle was the auto seed run. I ended up with about 75 grams of seed and 50 grams of ground up cannabis that got made into hash. That was the middle of April. Then I decided to build my DIY COBs and my cab spent about 30 days without any plants in it at all. The next round started in May and ended in August yielding another 100 grams or so. Then I decided to upgrade to no-till and the cabinet spent ANOTHER 25 days with no plants in it while I got rid of my thrips issues. This last harvest will not complete before the new year, but should be around the second week of January. I only harvested about 250 grams out of that cab this year.

This is the reason I built that second cab at the end of last year. I started out the year running a perpetual SOG on the left side and cycles on the right. On the left side, I was running the perpetual SOG coliseum up until May or so, I’m not quite sure how much that yielded. The workload running 30 plants in a perpetual coliseum was just to much for me, so I decided to try running cycles on both sides about two months apart. I put some autos in there in May, and they ended up being mostly males, so I put the Jilly Bean girls in there to veg as they flowered. The Jilly Bean girls and auto flowers were harvested in September yielding about 75 grams between them. I was able to reset immediately putting the Bubba Kush S1 in there. Those will be harvested in a couple of weeks and I expect them to yield about 25 grams. Three weeks after that should be the Zak Haze and again another 25 grams. If I can keep up 25 gram harvests every three weeks, that will end up with 425 grams per year. On the right side, I started up some Holy Grail 69 in January and harvested it in April. That yielded about 50 grams, then that side ended up empty for about 30 days. In May I started some Zak Haze and harvested in August. That yielded another 50 grams or so, then I got it reset in a mere five days for the BBK S1. Around this time I decided to start running the left side perpetual again, so this side became my veg side. So by the end of this year, the second cab should yield about 225 grams this year.

The filing cabinet had two boon harvests. One was Zak Haze for 60 grams and the party cup hempys yielded about 20 grams. All totaled up I harvested about 550 grams this year. My goals for this year are to reset my cabinets quicker and possibly increase my yield per harvest. I hope to break 1000g this year. My legal limit is 230 grams every four months, so close enough to 1000g/year.

13 Likes

Here are the Skywalker (back) and Adonis (front) girls at one week. They are just now starting to form some flowers. I haven’t flowered either of these out, so I have no idea if I vegged them long enough or not.

Here are the Zak Haze girls at four weeks. I thought they were over vegged them, but it looks they will yield well. This is one of my favorite strains right now. So I’m getting pretty excited for them to be ready. It produces a beautiful rosin with great yield.

Finally here are the Bubba Kush S1 girls at 7 weeks. They are doing pretty well, should yield about 1/2 ounce each. That’s been my average in this cab. Once I get things rolling, I hope to increase that.

The Ancestral Skunk girls are at two weeks now. They have some nice flowers for their age, especially the big girl on the left. Did a bit of bending on the taller tops.

17 Likes

Keep on keeping on man, they all look great! im drooling

3 Likes

Rollin’ rollin’ rollin’ keep them doggies rollin’ rawhide! :musical_score: :musical_note: :fire:

1 Like

Blues Brothers hahaha I love you man

1 Like

I have been waiting to start these testers, but can resist no longer. I’ve been following Dave Coulier’s thread over at ICMag for a while now. When I saw him looking for testers, I had to jump at the opportunity. I’ll be dropping five in water tomorrow night.

This is the pheno I’m looking for. Let’s get this show on the road! Photo credit to Dave Coulier.

23 Likes

That’s a Gorgeous Pheno. I’d be hunting too!

2 Likes

The autos in the PC are pretty much done. I was waiting to mature the seeds, but not sure how many there will be. If I get 10 seeds out of it, it’s a wash.

La Diva 1 and 2 are the shorter phenotypes. They both faded to a dark black/purple color. They both also have a fruity smell to them, and a decent trichome coverage.

This is the Low Ryder also short and purple.

The La Musa, she is probably a week early, but I got too lazy to maintain this last one.

Here we have the Big Devil XL. This was a freebie I won over at ICMag along with the Crystal Candy. Looking forward to exploring this line a bit more.

And now we have The Devil. This one has at least one ripe seed poking out the top bud.

Finally we still have the Crystal Candy “dad”. As you can see, she has fully reverted to female and is loaded with seeds. He/she will stay around in my bathroom for a bit longer. She won’t be smoked due to the use of colloidal silver.

I’m done waiting because I’m running out of smoke. I actually had to spend $80 for 1/4 oz. from the black market. I harvested the tall lanky La Diva last week and smoked it yesterday. It was surprisingly good smoke. No seeds in that one. And here they are hanging to dry. As you can see they stayed quite small in those little containers. If I can get 1/4 oz. off these, I will be happy enough.

21 Likes