ReikoX's Workshop

is that the dave coulier? from full house?

Yeah like as in Alanis morrisette you ought to know? In a theatre?

1 Like

Thatā€™s his handle. Great sativa grower!

Cute little buds man :grin: so curious to see seed count

Finally got these two Bubba Kush S1 to the finish line. Sheā€™s been culled from the garden because she is very finicky in veg. Overall, not bad but a pain in the ass to trim.

Looks like I should get an ounce from from these two. There was a lot of leaf and a little bit of larf, but mostly decent buds. They smell a little like Kush, letā€™s see how they dry and cure. I donā€™t have a space available to dry, so Iā€™ll try drying them on the screens.

Here is the flowering section. As you can see I run my 150-watt CMH bulb vertically. Please note, this is a protected bulb designed to be run without containment. I donā€™t want anyone burning down their houses. On the right are two cultivars I havenā€™t run yet, Skywalker OG and Adonis both at three weeks. On the left are the Zak Haze both at six weeks. Finally up front I have the holy Grail 69 that just got put in there. They are a little on the small side.

Harvesting every three weeks means I also need to reset every three weeks. Iā€™ve got the new cloner and am still working the timing. I have two Jilly Bean clones that are a little small, but should work out. Iā€™m stepping up my ROLS game! I recycled some old soil and mixed in more peat and castings. When i opened the bag I saw worms and sprouts. Thatā€™s living soil! I filled up the pots with soil then watered them in with aloe, silica, and fulvic acid. The clones were transplanted, the cover crop was planted, and covered with straw.

Here is the veg area. On the right are the Jilly Bean clones I just transplanted. Some sickly looking Zak Haze clones on the left and some Durban Poison seedlings I started.

4/5 of the Durban Poison are up. I will transplant them once they reach the top of the dome.

I would call the feminized autoflower experiment a success. I ended up with three plants that had seeds and three that didnā€™t. The ones that didnā€™t were the smaller La Divas and the Lowryder. The ones that had seeds were The Devil (green), La Musa (blue), and Big Devil XL (orange). There are around 50 seeds or so, mostly Crystal Candy x La Musa.

18 Likes

Always impressed with the amount of attention youā€™re putting into all those spaces. Thanks for green dragon tip too.

I think you get yourself a room and youā€™re going to be giving @Uncle_Al some stiff competition.

2 Likes

The idea of building a couple propper rooms has definitely popped into my head a few times.

3 Likes

I posted this in the other thread, but thought I would put it here as well. The Ancestral Skunk#1 in the no-till cab.

Going into four weeks flowering. Things are getting bulked up. Smells right now range from melon to burnt rubber.

I should have flipped these earlier, she is getting a bit of light bleaching from being so close to the COB. I may also have a light leek, I noticed some male flowers on this girl. All at the same level. I will be monitoring closely. I hate to have to abort this plant.

21 Likes

Iā€™d just cut off the affected hermied area, and deal with a few seeds if any buds got knocked up lol.

BEAUTIFUL frosty buds tho, I LOVE the color contrast, You can tell that is FROSTY as hell.

1 Like

Yeah, you should totally abort that one. Abort it to an envelope with my name on it. :mailbox_with_mail::mailbox::mailbox_closed::mailbox_with_no_mail::stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Thanks, unless she goes totally male, Iā€™m just pinching flowers. Only 3x so far. Iā€™m being careful not to open the outer door during lights out. Itā€™s a double door system, I think the inner door may need new weatherstrip. Worst case, Iā€™ll just make bubble hash if the buds are all seeded.

2 Likes

i wouldnā€™t say no to some fem seeds :smiley:

1 Like

Iā€™ll make some with a solid female, thanks. :thumbsup:

Hermaphrodite tendencies have no place in my garden. I still have about 200 seeds left (10% germination) so I can kick them from my garden. That being said, I will be running these again before making that decision. Iā€™ve heard that flowering before they show pre-flowers can cause hormonal stress leading to intersex flowers.

7 Likes

Just wanted to drop a hint about a new thread Iā€™m working on. Tincture anyone?

5 Likes

Oh yesss please!!! :thumbsup:

1 Like

If itā€™s as excellent as this thread then Iā€™m sure it will be great as well. I can hardly wait! :+1:

3 Likes

Hey Sam, glad to see you poking around here. Iā€™m waiting for pay day and Iā€™ll get the pictures for the basic guide started. :money_mouth:

2 Likes

Welcome @PSam! :grin:

2 Likes

Welcome @PSam. Good to see more new faces.

1 Like

Here is how I keep my mother plants. This area is about 20x20x24. For size reference, the light is a 4-bulb 2ā€™ T5.

The fabric pots are made using eco-felt, a material made from recycled water bottles. I used a solo cup as my pattern for the height and diameter. They get fed a combination of Superthrive, Shultz 10-15-10 and Fish fertilizer. I make my own fish fertilizer and can probably replace the Superthrive with kelp. I have yet to successfully replace the chemical fertilizers in such small containers.

Every couple of weeks they need to be trimmed. I usually take about 1/2 of the foliage off the top as well as anything that looks yellow or damaged. I cut out anything in the middle to make a bowl shape, this improves air flow. With the fabric pots there is no need to root prune. After about a year or so, I will take a fresh clone and replant them. Most of these are approaching that age now.

I have only lost a plant once doing this. I didnā€™t water for about five days and lost my Tahoe OG (RIP). In retrospect, the thrips I didnā€™t know I had probably prevented the rcovery. Needless to say, I now have a weekly IPM schedule.

I took nine good sized clones for the cloner, but each plant could have given me 3-6 each. There are 15 plants in here, so one could fill a whole tray every two weeks easily. I try to keep my cloner full lately. I have three other patients that will usually take any extra clones off my hands.

The Durban Poison seedlings got transplanted into paper cups three days ago. I covered them with plastic bags to create a humidity dome. Now Iā€™m hardening them off, spraying them every couple of hours. I swear the one on the top is already showing purple.

17 Likes