ReikoX's Workshop

Did a bit of cleaning now that the Grass Monkies are done.

Moved over the Creme Brulee. Two confirmed females and two not males in there.

Here are the four confirmed males, they were destroyed.

18 Likes

These Creme Brulee are now all confirmed females at 9 days flowering. My interpretation of topping at the seventh node was different than what PJ does. I went up seven nodes, then topped above that. PJ goes to the seventh node a d cuts.below that. Then I cleared out the bottom two nodes leaving me with five instead of four nodes. Either way, they are branching out as advertised.

Speaking of lower branches, these are the clones of the females. These sat in a cup of water for about a week before I got around to putting them in the cloner. Yes, you can use LITFa to clone too! They all seem happy and healthy. Normal cloning routine: RO water, 20 ml Clonex, 10 ml ResClear, 400 PPM, pH 6.

20 Likes

Hahahaha Awesome Iā€™ve never done clones but you inspired me to try. I picked up some LITFA just the other day so I should be ready

4 Likes

Loving the thread man and like how you have all different spaces I need to break up my closet some so Iā€™m not just stuck veg/flowering in the same space makes harvesting longer

1 Like

The Creme Brulee at 15 days. Iā€™m digging this training method. I will probably do it again with the Diamonds and Pearls. Next time I may go one node shorter.

Speaking of the Creme Brulee, do you remember those clones I let sit in water for a week? Well a week in the cloner and they all have roots.

Juanita has filled more than half the screen. I will likely trim up the bottom and flip to flower this weekend.

17 Likes

i see they are topped but not tied or MrSparkled or trained? hrm?

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Yes, these were topped above the seventh node and the bottom two nodes were removed for clones right before flipping to flower. This left me with five nodes and 10 branches on each plant to work with. I may end up pulling down some of the taller branches if the stretch doesnā€™t stop soon.

9 Likes

Nice creme brĆ»lĆ©e plants @ReikoX ā€¦! - they were in my order but I was sent strawberry creme instead but @legalcanada kindly offered to swap them back for me but after hearing the strawberry creme are good for pain killing etc i kept thoseā€¦
I have some nice beans ( some are autoā€™s - i made em myself), if you want some then I have a few different crosses ā€œpollen chucksā€ but youā€™re welcome to some ( some grow quite big.).
Pm if interested mate ā€¦
Gaz

5 Likes

Did ya ever found out what that plant was? Yarrow I believe has a more umbrella shape head to it let me know ā€¦ making it through your thread here was wondering how long have you been making KNF inputs for your grows? Love what ya have going on in here ! Iā€™v dabbled in making LACTO, FPJ, and Calphos also but havenā€™t utilized much this year yet love the KNF idea though!

4 Likes

I moved one of my 25 gallon smart pots I use for my worm bin in to my garage over winter placed it on heavy styrofoam and covered it with a heavy blanket they did fine! Reds are pretty darn hardy little worms!

2 Likes

Agreed mine have only smelt like fresh earthy forest floor!

1 Like

FWIW bleach is very corrosive on many metals Iā€™d advise agaisnt it , it can and Iā€™v even seen it pit stainless steel ! If used with metals rinse really well !

1 Like

Plowing through your thread here! Yes prickly pear mead ! Itā€™s wonderful fermented drink , down in Mexico they call them Tunaā€™s so a Tuna mead I was about to try I was quite hesitant but glad I did! Lol

4 Likes

Iā€™ll be back only about 20 % through your thread! Lol

Glad you are enjoying this thread. About the KNF I used them for about a year in conjunction with Biocanna. Once I went no-till, I rarely use ferments. Many of the secondary plant metabolites are destroyed in the fermetation process. I have been using botanical teas instead (plants/grains soaked in water for less than 24 hours).

2 Likes

Have you tried popcorn tea? Soak til it pops a tap root then blend it up and water in? From what Iā€™v read and heard corn has cytokinins in it. Maybe thatā€™s what Iā€™ll do next on a tea brew popcorn/worm/compost/kelp teaā€¦ shit did I forget anything? Lol

2 Likes

Love the idea of a tailored fitted smart pot to a grow area but again Iā€™m lacking in a sewing machine and skills to run it probably!

Y

Been playing around with an airlift system I built driven by a 45L/min aqua pump ! A lot easier to clean due to microbial slime build up as opposed to air stones!

2 Likes

Interesting, do you have photos of your system in operation?

1 Like

I get the same benefits from coconut water without having to mess with the corn. Granted popcorn is cheaper, but I am a lazy gardener.

Again, Iā€™m a lazy gardener. I now simply top dress with the vermi/compost and water it in, let the tea happen in the pot.

3 Likes