ReikoX's Workshop

Looking awesome man!!!

3 Likes

@ReikoX what kind of gpw are you getting with your SolStrips?

2 Likes

I’ve been getting around 1.0-1.5 gpw with the soil and SolStrips.

5 Likes

It comes down to a lot more than just the lights. Experience, genetics, nutrients and environment matter just as much :+1:

1 Like

@ReikoX, How hard are you driving the strips? Max 48 watts? Less?

1 Like

I’m running 6 strips in flower at up to 240 watts, or 40 watts a piece.

2 Likes

@Esrgood4u, I know. I’m upgrading from Screw in LED bulbs, with yields ranging from 1.0 to 1.15 gpw. I’m trying to estimate how the solstrips will do.

4 Likes

You won’t be disappointed mate. I run a 500w solstrip rig myself. My yield will definitely be bigger than my old 600 hps ever gave :+1:

3 Likes

…and furthemore…

How do you keep your humidiy in the chambers proper? :thinking: :desert: Is it the fabric pots & their volume + plant transpiration/transevap.?

that’d be 80F 25rh. damnit

:evergreen_tree:

I condition the room the cabs are in. I use an ultrasonic pond fogger on a humidistat set for 60% RH and the AC set for 73°F.

8 Likes

Thanks. :slight_smile: That’s actually a big help to me.

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Workbench at six weeks… almost there they are really starting to smell good :yum::tangerine:

Adonis

Jilly Bean 1/3

Jilly Bean 2/3

Jilly Bean 3/3

Creme Brulee at 4.5 weeks, looking starting to stack up. I took a couple lights out pictures.

These two are getting a little too close to the COBs, I had to flip them over. Got too used to the strips I guess.

Made a sprouted barley tea. Seeds were soaked over night with fulvic acid. The next day they were drained and the jar with a mesh lid was placed in a cool dark place. These were rinsed twice a day until they sprouted. A small amount of water was added and it was mixed with a stick blender. This was then strained and added to three gallons of water with fulvic, yucca, and silica.

24 Likes

Hey man interesting thread with lots to look though in here .
Tell me about these LED’s you’re using here , they are made up ?, you just buy each bit individually as you need it? I 'm thinking about getting some LED do you reckon these are better than those mars hydro LED’s I see on amazon /ebay? they get mixed reviews .
I know one thing I don’t fancy spending £500 + for one of these fancy ones , I just looked at one that is £1600! holy sh*t! that is too much .

2 Likes

DIY COBs and strips are much better (more efficient and better spectrum) and can be much cheaper to build than the Mars, etc. stuff.

4 Likes

I’m using SolStrips which are PCBs with the Samsung Lm561c diodes in the workbench. I’m using Cree Cxb3590 COBs in the storage cabinet. They are DIY you have to buy the diodes/strips, heat sinks, drivers, and wire separately and put them together yourself.

Those LEDs on Amazon are cheap, both in price and quality. The lights I build cost about $500 each for $360 watts. My next light will likely be a $1500 Fluence (one day when I build out my room).

8 Likes

It always a pleasure to look at your rooms!

and thank you for all the knowledge you share

3 Likes

What a difference the no-till bed makes vs the recycled soil. These yellowed out about this time in the 2-gallon pots.

15 Likes

at what stage of growth do you see the most benefit from a seed sprout tea?
I’m going to try a fresh seed sprout tea using cannabis seeds from a pheno that wasn’t selected within a breeding project.

2 Likes

I use them all through the grow, all stages of growth. They feed the soil, acting as a catalyst for metabolic processes. :+1::seedling:

8 Likes

:wave: X

I had almost no germination from some generic supermarket barley(for cooking). Did you get yours from an Ag or feed or brewing shop?

:evergreen_tree: <— cheapskate AND poor :rolling_eyes:

3 Likes