ReikoX's Workshop

Not trying to be a contrarian, but my particular version of “organic” is dead simple and trouble free. Granted, it is not nearly as awesome and low-maintenance as ReikoX’s no-till gardens, but there is nothing difficult whatsoever about what I am doing. Much simpler, in fact, than what I read from people running chemical nutes. For example, I do not own an E.C. meter and I own a pH meter but have used it a total of 1 time. I never have to flush. I rarely have issues with nute burn, and when I do it is very minor and simple to correct. Simple, simple, simple. And very nice results, to boot.

9 Likes

same here, I never test or consider ph. My soil mix is just native clay, perlite, worm castings, seaweed, and neem meal. My whole method is to provide the minimum possible inputs for the plant to thrive on its own. simplicity and low labor input is really important in my grow because I’m disabled. I think organics are the easiest and most accessible method for growing.
clay is a great natural ph buffer, so I never need to worry about ph. it also has a high cation exchange capacity, meaning it can essentially hold onto available nutrients until the plant is ready to metabolize it, which means I never have any kind of burn. I mulch lightly and occasionally, alternating with worm castings, kelp meal, fresh chopped lemon balm and other herbs, and mushroom compost. All I have to do is water lightly every day, and occasionally spray some neem oil as preventative pest control and foliar feed.

I also absolutely love to see gardens where people apply their knowledge and all the available tools and testing to truly optimize their organic gardens to their maximum potential. The sky is the limit.
Sorry if this post got a little long, I am quite high haha

10 Likes

In that ‘Orgasmic Hippie’ photo… what’s the background plant with the
white flowers on top… looks like my buckwheat… Just curious…
Buzz ON

4 Likes

Pretty likely, it is in the mix:

Flax - Carter
Clover - Yellow Sweet
Clover - White Dutch
Clover - Medium Red
Clover - Crimson
Lentils - Indianhead
Millet - White Proso
Vetch - Hairy
Vetch - Common
Cowpeas - Red Ripper
Buckwheat - Mancan
Pea - Forage

6 Likes

Omg @ReikoX, stop that… I am almost leaving the bottle behind and becoming a big boy.
How dare you.
+karma :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Coming soon…

16 Likes

those are some wild labels…

“I’ll try the volkswagen or fiat strain, please…” :blue_car:

“Are you sure you wouldn’t prefer Lotus Wallpaper?”

:balloon:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

“What I really need is some gas!”

6 Likes

Skywalker OG in the filing cabinet at about five weeks. These usually go nine weeks, I can’t believe how big they are. I can’t argue with the results of hydro, it’s very tempting to switch over completely.

22 Likes

Love me some Skywalker. Lovely stuff lovers lovely as always mate.

7 Likes

Thanks, she’s my highest yielding rosin plant. Got 28% off some of her my dad grew!

11 Likes

Nice my rosin press project is on half atm. I’m in RSO mode. Been at it 2 days now. Hope I can make some more to help.

Peace

Bonged

6 Likes

Blasphemy!

The power of Christ compels you! The power of Christ compels you! The …

11 Likes

:smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

10 Likes

Sticker collection is growing!

32 Likes

Sometimes you just want to check on the girls without getting off of the couch.

Skywalker OG at 5 weeks in the filing cabinet with 86-watts of off-the-shelf LEDs.

Creme Brulee at 6.5 weeks in the no-till cab with 240-watts of Cree CXB3590 COBs.

Jilly Bean at 8 weeks in the left side of the workbench with SolStips dimmed to 180-watts.

Cherry Tart at 2.5 weeks in the right side of the workbench with SolStils dimmed to an average of 200-watts.

29 Likes

Your cover crop always trips me out - any 4-leaf mutants?.. and that fan is getting overgrown. And the cameras in the spaces are a pretty cool idea. I guess there is no end to cool shit to do, is there? :+1:

7 Likes

Never looked for any 4-leafed varieties. As my grandfather always said, “Idle hands are the Devil’s playground”.

3 Likes

Sticker envy is real. You got a gold star now?

Coz your a good boy?:joy:

4 Likes

Yep! I stayed after class and helped the teacher :nerd_face:

11 Likes