ReikoX's Workshop

The Jabba’s Stash girls are doing well. They are adjusting to the new soil and I bumped the veg lights to 40%.

The three older mothers have been culled and replaced with the three clones in the front. New Adonis, Juanita, and Grass Monkey.

Got the screen up on the Cherry Tart girls. I went ahead and put up the screen and flattened them out a bit. I also went to town on the clover trimming as much of it as low as possible. They no-till bed has been taking on water like mad, it was quite dry.

It’s been a while since I have shown a picture of the no-till cab with all it’s slaps. Here we go, thanks to anyone who has sent me slaps. It’s been a fun time!

24 Likes

I see me on the slap holder!!

Wooo!! I have lived

9 Likes

The no-till cabinet has been getting a bit hot. I checked my dimmer and my lights were running around 200-watts. A bit higher than I thought they were. It got me thinking about daily lighting integral (DLI). DLI is essentially the amount of light that the plant sees in a day. Since I lack a PAR meter, I can estimate this by looking at the total amount of watts the plant sees per day. Now, my driver maxes out around 250-watts, so let’s assume I’ll run the lights at maximum intensity during the flowering period. The flowering plant would be seeing 3000 watts per day (12 hours). If we give the vegging plant 3000 watts per day (18) hours, then the light should be set to around 166-watts. TLDR; I dimmed the lights down to 166-watts. I also aggressively trimmed the clover, cleaned up below the screen and did a little bit of training.

Before

After

The Jabba’s Stash are doing well. All new growth looks happy and healthy. Now that they are settling in, I increased the 5000K LEDs from 40% to 50% power. So far the water only recipe works as promised. I plan to let them grow for a bit, then top them and remove the bottom couple of nodes for clones.

29 Likes

Damn I wish I would have know you were going to be at the DGC! Next time we should smoke 1.

4 Likes

The Cherry Tart mothers were looking a little yellow, so last night I top dressed with some vermicompost and watered it in. I swear they are looking better overnight.

The water only recipe is doing great with the Jabba’s Stash,. It’s about time to top, take clones, and flip to flower.

24 Likes

So you’re planning to top, give them a few days to make some lower branches, then clone those?

Just curious because I have a wack of seedlings I need to sex soon. I plan on topping and using the tops for clones, wondering if there’s a another way might be faster or more beneficial…

5 Likes

I will probably let them get another node or two, top at the sixth node, and remove the lower two nodes for clones. Then flip to 12/12. Remember, these are all female, I had them genetically tested. They are not quite mature yet, they still have symmetrical nodes and no pre-flowers.

10 Likes

Just a mobile update, that’s how I’ve been keeping an eye on them lately. Been busy getting the ole Jeep ready for a camping trip this weekend.

Cherry Tart looking way better after a EWC top dress

Jabba’s Stash about ready for a top and flip

25 Likes

Looking good!

I love that bed. That’s one of the things I’ve never tried before that I feel like I really should attempt at least once. Might try that after the next couple of runs are finished.

9 Likes

Another mobile update, I’ll try and get some real pictures tonight.

19 Likes

Organized my seeds last night. Took out these bulky containers and put them in little bags. Now they fit in my micro filing cabinet for easy access.

29 Likes

Cute filing cabinet :heart_eyes: lol

8 Likes

Found it at the thrift shop and thought it was perfect for organizing my seeds.

9 Likes

The Jabba’s Stash girls are very compact. I trimmed the bottom three nodes off, then topped after the sixth (remaining) node. They were then watered with a bit of Recharge and flipped to the flowering side of the cab. I saved the clones, hopefully they take, if not I will try and reveg any keepers.

The Cherry Tart girls were also flipped to flower. Last time the stretch was insane, so I’m anticipating they will fill the screen completely.

Finally my bonsai mothers are in need of a trim. This is 10 plants in a standard 10"x20" tray.

20 Likes

Got a little E&F setup I’m working on. I wanted the opaque version if these totes, not they wanted $79 to deliver them at Lowe’s. So I got the clear ones from Target and some spray paint. First I scuffed up the plastic with some 400 grit sand paper. Then I coated the top tray in white and the bottom resivoir in black. After that was dry, I flipped it. The top tray got a few coats of black and the bottom tray got a few coats of white.

17 Likes

A little more progress. I laid out the holes for the drain and the flood.

Using a hole saw I cut out the holes. The big hole is my drain/fill hole, the small hole by it is the fill/drain, and the one in the corner is the overfill.

I accidentally broke the plastic drilling it, so a nice coat of silicone will solve that problem.

I installed the fill/drain, then cut out the screen and did a dry fit.

Looks like I’ll be able to get a dozen party cups in here. :+1::seedling:

21 Likes

I have a couple of jars of trim that I wanted to make into bubble hash, so I stuck them in the freezer for around 24 hours. I only ended up using the full jar, the other is in the freezer still waiting until I run it.

I wanted to make sure the washer was clean, so I mixed up some Star San sanitizer. This is used in brewing, so it’s a food safe cleaner. I ran the machine for a minute, then rinsed it out until the suds was gone. I sterilized the bucket as well.

Next I mixed a layer of ice, then a layer of trim, and repeated until the 220 work bag was full. That was inserted into the machine and more ice was packed around it. Finally I added water until the fill line.

I let the trim soak in the ice water for about a 20 minutes to rehydrate. While I waited I set up the bags. Since I plan to press this all into rosin, I only used four bags. I used a 220 and a 190 micron bag to clean up then resin then a 45 micron to collect the resin and followed that with a 25 micron bag for food grade hash.

After running the machine for six minutes, I pulled the bags. The 220 micron bag had a few pieces of trim and some small chunks of ice. The 190 micron bag was still a bit dirty. The 45 micron provided the bulk of the resin, as planned. Finally there was a little bit of decent hash in the 25 micron bag.

The water after the run was very green. I didn’t save any this time, but I usually feed it to my plants. I ended up doing two more runs, by the third run the yield and quality started to drop, so I stopped.

I froze the patties for a bit, then using the microplane I spread the resin out over some parchment to dry for a few days.

22 Likes

New clones, rooted in about 14 days. Three Diamonds and Pearl’s (top), three Creme Brulee (middle) and four Zak Haze (bottom)

Took more clones of the Jabba’s Stash and the Skywalker OG clones are still waiting on roots (left row).

The Jabba’s Stash are filling out. So far the water only recipe is working as advertised.

The Cherry Tart are filling the screen as expected. I did a bit of tucking to keep everything even.

22 Likes

Got the E&F finished. The first time firing it up. Worked as expected, it leaves a bit of water after the drain cycle though. The drain could have been in a slightly lower place.

I filled the cups up with coco chips, reused from the FAM project. Again it flooded with no floating pots or spills.

24 Likes

Nice system. How deep do you flood it? Will water wick up through coco chunks?

2 Likes