ReikoX's Workshop

HAHAHAHA

That’s exactly wjhat my girl said!!! I have to be on my toes, just today she almost threw away a box of my pH meter with the instructions inside…

2 Likes

Yeah, posted over in KNF thread somewhere…
So far arsenal consists of:
OHN - Cinnamon - Garlic - Ginger
LAB
WCa - Eggshell Rice Vinegar
Mango - Prickly Pear - Fig - Pomegranate - Banana - Blackberry - Willow

Lots of purple pigments and seedy fruits.
Next step is pumpkin - aloe when I thin them - rosemary/cilantro/orange leaf
And an experiment way out there… Fermented Sprouted Seed Tea…
Mung bean sprouts - brown sugar - blend and ferment for 2 - 3 weeks (who knows)

3 Likes

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Empty-1000ml-500ml-250ml-HDPE-twin_60681294778.html

They are like two cents each, only thing is you need to buy 10.000 of them, LOL!

3 Likes

I was going to do a cannabis fermented SST, but just use malted barley. It’s the same thing minus the fermentation.

2 Likes

Zak Haze at just over two weeks being in the veg side and in the re-amended soil. They got a watering with Soil Balance Pro. I trained the branches to the screen and tucked the fan leaves behind. I’m hoping I can get another three or four weeks before flowering.

The bubba kush S1 are finally starting to recover. I think they even have grown a little. These have been quite delicate. They did lead me to realize what I did wrong with my soil recycling.

12 Likes

Dude just read this thread and I’ve gotta say… keep up the great work. The way you use space and make your own amendments is amazing. Props!

Look forward to following along

2 Likes

Try more “aliexpress” instead, the version with “retail quantities”.

2 Likes

The Ancestral Skunk#1 are blowing up. The biggest one is getting side branches big enough to clone. Things are moving along nicely!

I got my plant sex test kit today. The procedure is pretty simple. Mark the plants with the plant stakes, remove a cotyledon with tweezers, put it on the square and smash it, then remove what’s left of the leaf material.

I had a slight problem with the test. They very clearly state that you must use cotyledon leaves. Well two have already used up theirs, so I could only test three. The fourth is from an autoflower seedling that is just over a week old. Next time I do this, I will order the test as soon as I germinate the seeds. It’s kind of over priced at the moment. I have to pay for the $60 for the test, plus $9 for shipping to me and $9 for shipping back. Not really worth it to me, but it is a fun experiment.

These two Bubba Kush S1 were put into flower three weeks ago. Unlike the ones in veg, they perked right up after feeding them Bio Canna Flores, Boost, and Rhizotonic.

11 Likes

I am following this genetic testing thing, I might break loose the duckets myself. How much time does it take to get results?

2 Likes

Nice! Very high tech. I wish there was a portable unit for this purpose, you know.

1 Like

If you mean you want to do on-premises genetic testing, it’s available, but you’re probably not their target demographic. Using their little calculator, 300 gender tests will cost you about $1300, though I don’t think that includes a PCR thermal cycler.

Anyway, give it a few years… technology will improve, prices will plummet. Arr, back in my day, I remember when LEDs were too expensive for grow lights, never mind the spectrum being garbage.

Edit: Saving a few clicks, the “miniPRC” thermal cycler referenced on the above page goes for $650, but that’s a one-time purchase at least.

5 Likes

It would be useful for a legal operation in Costa Rica, since there are no labs doing that kinda work u know!

2 Likes

They say two days after they receive the sample. So likely by the end of the week. I get the results online.

3 Likes

Can’t wait your full opinion on it ;o)

3 Likes

WOW ! I am gonna have to grab one of those next year for sure. that is cool. the cbd and powdery mildew tests are great.

4 Likes

Well my test samples arrived and are “plated”. I topped and cloned the three bigger plants. While looking at the tops, the biggest one showed female pre-flowers.

6 Likes

So it happens that fast?

2 Likes

I haven’t gotten the results just yet, most likely tonight or tomorrow. The big female was by my own observation of pre-flowers.

4 Likes

So I had to move my Zak Haze to flower after three weeks of veg. She’s been splayed out on the screen and got a defoliation. Obviously, this is short of the nine weeks I had planned for my perpetual.

I was reading a post about vertical growing. A comment was made that Heath Robinson, a very successful vertical grower, would veg horizontally, “until tits high”. Got me thinking maybe i should do horizontal in my veg side.

Well, I have been wanting to move to LED for veg from T5HO. The new Samsung chips are pretty hot right now. So I contacted @Baudelaire about his SolStrips. I ended up buying three strips and a driver from him. I ordered a half sheet aluminum baking pan for my “heatsink”.

I may try running both the LED and the CMH in there. But if not, will run just the LED. This should let me get three weeks to root clones, three weeks in small cups, and three weeks to fill the screen. That should supply me perpetual every three weeks.

6 Likes

Hey @Uncle_Al, I got my plant sex test results back. I passed! I was nervous I’ve never had sex with plants again.
:laughing:

Seriously though, the three big girls tested are female. The other two are unknown/untested.

7 Likes