ReikoX's Workshop

So the PC is still kicking around. Not a whole lot to see. The reversed Crystal Candy still isn’t dropping pollen readily. I plucked a few older flowers and there was some pollen falling. So, I surrounded the her/him with the other girls. They are pretty far along (six weeks from germination), but I will let them go as long as possible to get a few seeds. I moved the La Diva to my upstairs bathroom to try and collect some of her pollen, I want to pollinate some of the Lowryder x La Diva with it.

The flowering side is full. I had to move the Zak Haze over to flower. She has quite the bit of stretch on her, so Let’s hope I got it right.

These two BBK S1 are looking alright. Nice little puff balls for three weeks old.

Here is the veg side. I will be adding some LEDs to this side for cloning and small cups. I’m not sure if I can handle the heat/watts running bot the LED and the CMH, but there is only one way to find out. :wink:

I turned the lights up slightly because I thought there was a bit too much stretch. I’m not sure what I’m going to do with these exactly. I will have to take clones and carry on. I have three confirmed females in there, I may just cull the two smaller plants regardless of sex.

11 Likes

I got my SolStrips from @Baudelaire. These will be the basis for my new veg light. About 120W of Samsung LEDs, yes please.

13 Likes

So simple. So good! Cant wait!

1 Like

The Ancestral Skunk #1 got topped again. The last set of clones didn’t make it. I always seem to have an issue with cloning the top of a young plant. These are a little older, so we will see how it pans out. I will likely top them one more time as I am limited in vertical height. I broke down and bought a small aero cloner. I’m going to give it a shot with these.

In other news, I got the SolStrips and built out the light. The cheap driver was flaking out on me, I smacked it like an old TV and it started working. I’m not too comfortable using a power supply like that. After a 12 hour test, temps got up to 93F. So, I am going to order a dimmable ballast for them in a couple of weeks. I may run them instead of the vertical bulb, I’m still exploring my options.

10 Likes

@ReikoX skip to 25:30 in this video to see mr soul talking about feminizing seeds and using silver thiosulfate… I believe he mentions it started working great for him after he began only spraying it once or twice near the beginning and it would develop big male flowers etc instead of constantly spraying it, wasn’t listening too close but i thought of you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ndHEcgoKaA

4 Likes

Yea, he was talking about too much creating clusters of male flowers too close to open properly. A lot of gold in that episode. :grin:

2 Likes

… I lol’d. Yeah, not exactly the type of equipment you’d want to leave unattended :grin:

For your temperature test, how big was your test space, how much ventilation, and was the ballast inside? Just curious. Not because I’m anxiously awaiting my own SolStrips or anything. cough.

1 Like

i have 1216 of these samsung diodes in my 4x4x7 tent and it would get extremely hot within 30 minutes so i relocated the drivers out of the room the tent was in and started exhausting the air out of the room instead of recycling it and now the tent stays 74-78 and 72 in the room, perfecto :thumbsup:

1 Like

The area was 30x30x30 running at about 120 watts with a 150-watt CMH bulb. I’ll repeat the test tonight without the CMH. And yes the driver was in there.

1 Like

He makes a great point about hermies being a hormonal issue. Too many people believe feminizing a strain adds the Hermie genetic and it’s just not true.

7 Likes

As promised the test was repeated with just the LED lights. I’m pleased to annoy ce that the temperature was just fine, 75°F-82°F.

4 Likes

Open up the driver and check on it man. Its taking 125v input and if you need to smack it to work i wouldnt trust it being in my house… even if i have house insurance a cheap driver probably isnt certified safe at all which voids house insurance. Take it open check it out. Make sure its safe. I dont want your house burning.

Or just switch to a meanwell driver. Idk why a cheap driver was sent with the best diodes around.

3 Likes

Not to worry, it’s not running unattended. I plan to get a new mean well driver. Not even going to mess with it.

3 Likes

I got a new temperature controller. My old one was a DIY job using a regular home thermostat. The problem with that one was it was taking the temperature at the plug which is about 3’ below ground level. This new one has a probe that I can move around, currently about 7’ up in the of the room.

The PC is just doing it’s thing. I put the thermostat back in the PC since the DIY temp controller got upgraded. The Crystal Candy is getting more and more mature flowers. I am seeing a few seeds on the tops of colas, so it must be working. I’m likely going to have seeds in all the stuff that is flowering in here now. I’ll just call it a new project and carry on. I’m not sure what happened to that La Diva on the right, she got super lanky on me.

12 Likes

Love me some grow electronics

2 Likes

Humidity controller is on my wish list.

2 Likes

I don’t seem to have a problem gaining humidity, I have the other problem, adequate dehumidification, I use a pretty big dehumidifier plumbed into a garage floor drain so I don’t have to empty a bucket.

6 Likes

The temp controller does heat and cool. The humidity controller does humidification and dehumidification. :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Tonight we carved pumpkins for Halloween. We had a couple of pounds of scraps left over. A bit more than i wanted to feed to the worms. So what should I do with this left over pumpkin? @lotus710? If you guessed ferment it, you win a gold star! :star: I cut up everything small enough to fit in the growler, added two pounds of sugar, and began stirring. Once it was a nice syrup texture, I poured it in the growlers, added my LAB, and through on the air locks. These will be fermented for a few weeks, then strained and ready to use.

10 Likes

i always forget to add lab to my fermentsXD

2 Likes