Replacing 1000watt hps light with LED

Not much in the way of lights with that much power under $500, closest I’ve seen to that is this https://www.voltlighting.com/fl1-full-cycle-led-grow-light-120v

1 Like

How much for that light?

1 Like

Thanks. The one you showed was $650…sounds like i might have to bite the bullet and spend a bit more than $500.

3 Likes

It’s pricey but HLG makes great gear. You can get a refurbished one for $599 right now directly from HLG. If you use the coupon RIU10 it knocks 10% off so $540. That’s close to your budget. I would bet there will be some Black Friday deals showing up any time now.

5 Likes

That is really a good idea. Now there are other ways to go. You could order from China off AliBaba, I don’t but there are many that have. Kingbrite and Meiju make really good lights for much less money. If you are going to buy a good led it is best to bite the bullet as you said. The one thing you will really love is never having to change another bulb :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Have you thought about building a light based on your requirements?

5 Likes

The best piece of advice at this point I would think is hold out for a sale. Christmas, Boxing week, Black Friday. All happening within the next month or so. You are pretty much guaranteed to find a sale soon.

2 Likes

I was looking to make a decision in time for black Friday sales. Great minds think alike!:grin:Thats real close to my budget.

No Covid lamps for me, lol. . From anywhere but China
3 Likes

Yeah, with the 10% if you could get a Black Friday discount soon it would likely fall into your budget. As mentioned above DIY is also a viable option. Many good threads here about building lights so folks could guide you through it.

2 Likes

Thats a great idea, but I’m not tech savy, and really squeezed for time too. @YoBigdaddy built a beauty.

2 Likes

I built one after reading the thread, a really straight forward project.

5 Likes

The wiring would do me in i think. @Tejas

1 Like

holy moly.

4 Likes

Many are intimidated by wiring lights until they do it. It’s doable if you want to go that route, lots of support on here at OG. Otherwise I am sure you will see a sale pop up any day for Black Friday. 8 foot ceilings, that will be helpful. I am in tents so I lose a foot or more.

As for Mars having a bad rep, yeah, can’t argue that. I really think they stepped up their game with their new lights but have no idea what their customer service is like. They had a real bad rep for it being horrible from what I understand. My Mars light and the grow kit with Mars light before it were given to me by Mars and worked perfectly so have not needed to do much.

6 Likes

U know now that it’s been brought up building a setup wouldn’t be a bad option at all, seen some incredible stuff from some of those setups, it’s only 3 wires and picking out a good multiple unit driver for the boards but some of those also give u the perks of Bluetooth and dimming capabilities from a device and setting your timers

2 Likes

I’m thinking about getting a 600 rspec and tried the RIU10 discount code and it didn’t work. Just a heads up for the Canadians might be different for everyone states side

2 Likes

Yes, I gave that because he is in the USA. For all you Canadians do what I did. Contact HLG Canada on their web site and tell them the coupon code did not work. They will give you a specific one for the light you are buying. They were really good about that when I messaged them :slight_smile: You should give that a go if you are looking at one @Granola

4 Likes

I think when dropping some cash on a high quality LED one of the most important things to look for is a good warranty.

7 Likes

I’ve been using a refurbished 550 R-Spec for a year without a problem, that 600 R-Spec for $600 would do the job pretty great, or two of these kits for $565 after RIU10 code:

4 Likes

That’s what I was thinking, that would be a three year supply for me.

And the hygrometers, quite the investment, liking it.

6 Likes