Repro :: Silas' Lost Skunk - Exodus Cheese x UGORG Blues

Sorry bud I’m not sure it would be difficult for me to call.
@JAWS I hope it’s nice n cheesy for you bud, the original cheese terps have been difficult for me to find.
London city genetics is my current favourite.

4 Likes

Hello I’ve joined because of this thread lol, I’ve now spent a few years trying to find a cheese cut that’s anywhere close to the exodus cut I used to run then. Enjoying reading the knowledge you have on the topic and appreciate the work @Zanzibar is doing here. I’ve a few seeds in the vault to do the same and I’m not looking for anything really apart from getting that back for myself as perry. I’d happily smoke old cheese forever :joy: just haven’t had anything close tbh so is I can add anything here to help source that back for my tent haha I’m here :grin:

3 Likes

But I will add passionately…it really really really annoys me that the preservation, story, credit and deserving place within the industry a few of our UK O.G strains don’t have, mainly Blues, Livers,Cheese etc. I know there is countless posts to review on this, but after chasing blues and proper Cheese for a few years now it gits harder how all the info is muddled, being close to livers I personally thought that was a jack cross 🤷. The dual tips on the exodus was key in every cut I obtained then, but i run those mums for a while so maybe just the cut I got but was definitely the exodus stink (THAT I MISS SOOOO MUCH ) ran alot of Cheese, and have 5 in now that are from a reputable link but hoping she’s close. The Blues and exodus cheese highs IMHO was :+1: and I’d love to return to the taste with 17ish% I’m fine with that personally, and great social smoke. I have wondered if the highs then were related to age and otherwise but be nice to see if can find them again :joy:…anyway I’m ranting again but feel those 3 and other UK bits should have a proper known global history rather than just how it stands. Haha I like cheese :upside_down_face: so sticking around.

3 Likes

This guy was here for a short while

Is he on insta or anywhere ?

@Ukskunklegends
“Uk skunk legends breeding projects “ was topic

For more cheesy readin : )

2 Likes

Hey there @BUDWANAUK
Thanks for stopping by. We’re always looking for more Cheese :cheese:

I’m running some of the outcrosses I made, as well as the incrosses. And tho they’re still cooking, I will post pics as they’re ready

The smoke from the F1s I ran are pretty rank smelling - in a good way. When I open the jar the headspace volatiles have dissipated with time, but cracking open a bud and those odors come back, get unlocked. Very microbial, with rank cheese aromas like blue cheese or even Limburger, and a dash of perfume plus some lavender. The potency is around what you say - 17% ish. The ones I’ve grown and smoked seem to range in the upper teens, potency-wise.

And yes, there is a lot of interest in the other cuts you mentioned, like the Livers, the Psychosis, and the Blues. Any info on these that you’d like to add would be awesome.

My opinion is that the UK cuts are very famous, and that the histories and stories have gotten muddy and confusing for people wanting to venture into the land-o-cheese

5 Likes

Hey :wave:

Yeah I’ve read through most above…well what I can get in my breaks lol but the F1 sounds lovely, really good to read your willingness to try etc.
What hooked me when I stumbled on the thread was this pic:

My cheese clones and bits I can say was exodus definitely had that trait, although some of the clones didn’t seem to…others did, and the mums I had basically stopped producing that double seration after a few months although they would pop one or two and the clones from her the same…normal but may show every now and again.

My knowledge of exodus cheese is probably what most know and have read that are interested but even then I still don’t have a clear picture, my dad ran it for years from the same person I continued to bit that’s in Yorkshire and he’s in Birmingham lol just the just was legit or what my legit cheese was I guess.

Livers and Blues is different…I was told Livers was a “Jacky Blues” cross of Jack and Blues obviously lol. Both of these were regularly available around Bradford, leeds,Sheffield etc for a few quid a time…for the period of about 4 years that’s literally all I could get :smiley: and normally the cuts were the same regardless of who you grabbed from. But the Livers did end up different and abit Chemy I suppose lol or that was the flower that was flooding then towards the end of the Blues era for me.

But that’s all I can add, I have some seeds from a friend that used to play with both trying to make a blue cheese and got seeds but we didn’t know anything then :joy: and I’ve some of early BB cheese and few of the major seedhouse but yeah…nothing close yet :expressionless:

These cuts I have ATM come from a family in Birmingham that’s had the cheese for about 15years it’s claimed haha so I’m hoping for those…just flipped them once rooted and lollipoped but waiting to smell them :joy:
This is the flower from these cuts:

Witch looks good to me if the nose is right! Haha but whatever and however I can help and be a part of getting something close and stable back would be amazing :clap:

21 Likes

Hey guys quick update.

These clones I have are the closes thing I’ve had since! Hands down…I slipped all to check as I always do when get new cheese to try.

These are making me smile…they are pinging everything right atm…Structure, nose, behavior etc etc…week 4 Wednesday but I can smell her already…and it immediately pleases.

Of course till they are ready I won’t know how close but atm…I am super happy…finally !

Check them out.

I shall keep you all updated :fist:

23 Likes

OK SO was i mislead on this but did SILAS pass away recently ?.

i thought he had and made a comment on my IG page and no one knew of this so im thinking maybe i have made a mistake in thinking SILAS had passed.

ANY ONE …

2 Likes

yeah your post was the first i’ve heard, but at the same time i haven’t seen homie around in a long time.

i briefly tended to the UK Livers and she was a very bushy zig zagging thin branch growing plant with deeper than normal saw blade serrations. i’ve heard the cheese is like that too but have no first hand experience. skunk dawg which is supposed to be a super skunk cross also had that thin branch zig zaggyness. always made me think they had a common Sk1 ancestor perhaps.

7 Likes

So why is it called livers? I’m assuming Liverpool? Cause liver smelling or tasting herb sounds hideous rotfl! Messing with yall. Fwiw I see that zig zagging in alot of bros grimm strains. Very cool regardless, and don’t buy ghsc cheese it’s shit. Grew it years ago when they first released it, complete crap.

2 Likes

I believe that was the nickname or something of the guy holding the cut (if memory serves me correctly)

2 Likes

i grew/smoked weed that smelled like frying liver,bloody at least. it´s been a while,can´t remember what strain

3 Likes

something hazy, i bet :wink:

5 Likes

Well interesting read sounds like I need to smoke the real one some day. Hard to capture these unique clones in seedform especially smell wise.

2 Likes

nice job !

2 Likes

I always assumed Livers stood for Liverpool all this time but really have no clue.

Wanted to try that plant for a long time, I remember someone telling me it had like nail polish remover to it’s terp profile and I always liked the sound it that.

The copy I had was very dudded and sorta just died overnight on me one night.

5 Likes

so spoke with SILAS the other day so he is in fact still alive and kicking.

very sorry for putting it out there that he had passed, wires got crossed somewhere down the line.

he’s good …

16 Likes

I will be popping three PCG Gush Mints fems to cross to a Mango Haze male in an attempt to produce a clone only strain that they offered, the Mango Mintality.

Glad to see others interested in its potential for breeding or making crosses.

4 Likes

This is good news! What has he been up to? Is he on any boards anywhere?

2 Likes

Gush Mints is an absolutely stellar plant. Really cool project you’re doing. I often think (for myself as well) that people should play with re-creating famous lines with the original make-up… to see what they get. Everyone can use the same soup recipe, but they don’t all make the same soup - not sure if that’s the best simile.
A very cool Minimalist/Conceptual artist, Sol LeWitt, released descriptions to make renditions of his art, as in, the instructions to make the art were in fact the art. I always liked that idea

7 Likes