Return to growing after almost 20 years..

Solitaire, you were the longest plant I have ever vegged (90 days). You never produced the purple because your not that type of girl. I hope sisters from the same batch have your same characteristic. 100% Kush, Red Hair looking buds that have brown trichs at 6 weeks, will be great for crossing and not wanting purple in the strain. I get you…

Now the fun begins…
GR

12 Likes

My friends! It was a fun day. Lots of clipping. Broke her down into stems to let air get to things. She wasn’t going to be dry till Dec if I didn’t! :slight_smile: FAT WIDE buds. I accidentally licked my fingers once and almost glued my mouth shut.

Now she dries till snap. Nest stop trimmer machine.

Now you can see the blackberries a little better.

GR

16 Likes

Great job buddy congratulations on the amazing harvest

2 Likes

Bud rot nailed my majestic White Widow last month as well :sob:

It was a real gut punch because I’m down to two or three of these ILGM Fem Widow seeds and they grew some of the best smoke ever. I wanted S1 seeds to keep it going so I reversed a WW clone, collected pollen and selectively pollenated a few branches on the mother plant. Perfect execution; brown pistils the next day and swollen pregnant calyxes within a week or so. Perfect until the damnable rot appeared. I fought it ever step of the way but it ate my plant bud by bud.

I wondered if your big Widow happened come from ILGM? I’ve had great luck with their seeds and they’ve been working that White Widow line for decades now.

Thanks for this enjoyable and educational thread, I just read it top to bottom and took notes along the way. Following your progress.

Cheers,
-Grouchy

4 Likes

Thanks @Papalag !

2 Likes

Yeah, once there is rot it gets cut in my book. I probably could have gone another 3 weeks on the Outside White widow but I have seen the end game many times. I chopped it, got rid of the rot and the hash was great! :slight_smile:

I have about 20 WW seeds from ILGM but this white widow was a left over clone from a ww yield test we did at my grow buddies place during the winter last year. That seed came from Humbolt. For the record the ILGM WW strained kicked humbolts ass by a whopping 3 and one time 4 oz more per plant.

Have you yet to find a male from ILGM. We have popped closed to 80 seeds in the last year between customers etc and no one as found a male yet. I refuse to use humbolt to breed. I know i can find many males there.

Thanks for stopping by! I am keep this to pass on information on all the stuff I did right or wrong.
GR

4 Likes

Check out Phreaky Dreams. Funny looking leaves. Watching the two strains (Blue Dreams/Freakshow) battle it out as it grows is very interesting.

GR

7 Likes

One more Update and I will shut up! :slight_smile:

Took samples from the 11/.05 BlackBerry Kush plant. Looks very delicious and the 11/05 date looks on point…

8 Likes

GD I hate it when people on here ask for help and your try to share what you know and research and they turn the conversation salty…

Don’t ask for help if you don’t want to hear the answer!

GR

3 Likes

I didn’t ask for your help. I asked for someone else to post a picture of a tool he was using to connect an AC unit to an Inkbird. If you’re offering help with that, I’d be happy to listen.

1 Like

Dude fuck off and get off my page.

GR

Then stop talking about me behind my back. What the hell is this, junior high?

Here we go…

Dude you posted stating a problem. I answered it. Now go back to what you were doing. I really don’t want you in my journal. there is just too much complicated stuff in here for you to understand.

GR

Gladly. I don’t need to subject myself to immature ad hominem attacks because you don’t like being told that your advice wasn’t relevant. Have a good one. :slight_smile:

You just don’t know what your doing plain and simple. Enjoy fighting the ups and lows of your humidity problem there buddy when you cool it down… Enjoy your PM!

GR

Sounds good. If I do get PM, I’ll spray with sulfur and kill it. The more you know…

So my friends, I have been doing some test the last 3 days with this new handy dandy trimmer. From my research and first use, super dry weed gets super chopped in a trimmer. That is fine as what ever gets chopped gets turned into hash or edibles. From what I am reading you don’t want it super dry so I have been running a trimmer test each day on little samples of the Purple Kush to see what day should it be. Each day was a different sample and not the day before.

I started on Monday after 4 days of hanging

Monday: Nope still too wet. Knew this already. day4
Tuesday: Little better maybe tomorrow. day 5
Wednesday: Much better but needs another day. day 6
Thursday: Probably. day 7

This lines up with how long it usually takes before the branches start snappin. Day 7 I would be entering trim prison and start snippin and come out a week later.

The trimmer test took of all about 1 min to run through the trimmer if that. These things save a ton of time. Some folks say it chops too much of the bud. That is true if you like the tiny trichome leaves mixed in with your bud but my point of view is

• I have a lot of cannabis.
  • I don’t sell, I am not doing this for money. My buds don’t have to weigh.
  • I make edibles and hash from the clippings nothing goes to waste.

Today;s test.

Honestly I am watching these dark hairs turn darker as the plant dries. …and there is a lot of 'em. I wonder if the purple shows up more after it is dried out. Maybe Solitaire still has secrets to show us.

GR

4 Likes

May I please ask for a link to where you got the trimmer?

1 Like

Yup here it is.

I got the larger one. I thought the price was good. The quality is decent and I have no complaints to far.

If it broke after 20 uses I would go get another one. 140 Days of hand trimming in exchange for $149 I will take that over and over and over. :slight_smile:

GR

1 Like

Any possibility to get a RH reading on day 7? Maybe stick a few buds in a jar with a hygrometer and wait an hour.

A day of hanging in your environment is probably not the same as mine etc.

Love your test process though. I too have a bowl like this, only used it once though, so I have not developed a feel for it.

1 Like