Return to growing after almost 20 years..

Love the mask!!.. Looking good so far!!

2 Likes

This is terrific, I just read your thread, inspires me again to grow some of my old seeds, problem is there are so many new ones and older ones I have gotten so maybe i will do a couple outdoors, that is where they were anyway

1 Like

I collected them for about 30 years every time i found one in good stuff. I never segregated them or labeled them so it is like a box of chocolate when you go to plant. These are from 1998-2010ish. I will be moving next year and plan on getting a metal building to grow in. I want to start breeding when I get to this point and bring some old strain lines back that might not exist anymore.

15 Likes

Yeah I think we are collectors for sure. I never kept mine in a refrigerator, look like yours lol! Lets see how it goes, I will apply the diaper theory and cover my butt by growing some of the great genetics we are able to get today as well as some experimental old seeds

3 Likes

a treasure chest! I’d be cloning everything popped outta there. could be anything!

enjoy

2 Likes

The one labeled right front produced this bud. It came out of the seed jar. I don’t have any more clones of it but i gave away probably 4-5 of it to a friend so it is out in the wild again!

5 Likes

Hit some test gorilla budz 6 weeks curing… yeah;… tuk me 10p mins to type this…

6 Likes

Batch 2 is coming along really nice. 3 Plants/octo’s/wedding cake/6.5 weeks flowering. .

14 Likes

Man! That’s a lot of ‘peach fuzz’ on that last picture. Looking good.

2 Likes

Going into 7 weeks flowering with Batch2. Looking good but needs to bulk more.

I have a couple seeds popped for batch3. Got a great deal from ILGM on Blue Dreams Seeds. Got 20 for the price of 10. Hopefully they will be here in the next 7 days and I can pop a couple of them as well. Really looking forward to do a run or two of BD.

6 Likes

Hit a bud of one of the unknown indica’s (2000-2010) from batch 1 (6.5 weeks curing in glass jars) … I think front left one… Lots of pepper taste… LOTS OF PEPPER… but GD I am high as shit… I would show a picture from my phone but i am too high as shit too do all that right now…

7 Likes

LOL, I have a peppery Jamaican I’m smoking right now, nice punch… :facepunch:

There seems to be more that a weak causality between those two features…

Cheers
G

3 Likes

8 Weeks flowering starts today on Batch2 BUT we have visitors…

What surprised me is they set up camp over night… and there were a lot of camps. I took a soft baster brush and clean the buds off that were webbed up. Last batch I had the same problem and I chopped a little early. I did not want to do that again so I got some vegetable spray ( that has sulfur in it) and sprayed them down. I wash my harvest so i am not concerned about it being on the buds and it is made to spray on veggies you eat so we will see. F’n mites has not changed after 20 years either…

I really want to take these plants to 10 weeks if possible. They are still bulking up.

4 Likes

I’d wash them in the shower with some cold water, then let them dry off. They are incredibly infested!

1 Like

Yup that is exactly what I did… I took them outside and sprayed them down. Once I got them back in I sprayed them down with neem oil as well. The little F’krs setup camp over night and it was real bad. Gonna keep a close eye on them (i thought i was). They seem to come in and set up camp around week 6-7 of flowering just like batch 1.

2 Likes

Here we are batch 2 - 8 Weeks flowering going into 9.

What a beautiful grow! Nuted right this time and the octopots just rock it. I have never seen healthier plants at eight weeks.

They probably have about another week 1/2 to go. I took some lower clippings to check out the trichs. Cloudy but maybe 3% amber. We start to flush tomorrow. No more nutes.

I took care of them spider mites. I know some of their evil lifeless bodies are still there. Just like before I plan on washing after chopping and expect to get them off then.

Being in a garage and temps turning cold I decided to play round with the lung room idea with an empty tent to keep the growing tent warm. I got my hands on an electric radiator and put it in the middle of the tent. I took some hvac hose I had and ran it from the top of the lung tent to the top of the grow tent. I have a fan in the lung tent at the entrance of the hose blowing the hot air down and into the grow tent. From test I did 51f in garage 72f/41RH in the grow tent. 38F in the garage 65/39rh in the tent. So, the lung room works but at what cost in electricity? Analysis still needs to be done on these data points.

This will be my last grow until March 2022. I have decided to sell my house and downgrade a little before the markets crash and while hyperinflation has its pedal down atm. I am going to take this opportunity to get something with a little property so that I can put down a insulated metal building equipped with environment control, water, electricity, ,etc. I still plan to use tents because you can dial in the control of the growing environment better in small area. I want it away from the house. It is not going to be a huge building that I will be growing 5000 plants in etc. Probably something like a 22x25. Just need space for a couple of 5x5’s for 3 flowering octo’s and one for genetics… Probably going to spend around 10-15k once it is all said and done. Finally I will have the space to play with some genetics…. Doing my research now. F’n concreate might cost as much as the damn building…

When I start again in March I will be growing blue dreams… This came in last week. Another friend who grows will be sprouting them in dec and will be giving me clones to get going again. That will cut down on the veg time for sure.

8 Likes

What nutes are you using? PPMs, EC? PH?
I just started using Octopots myself so I’m interested in what’s working for others.
Plants look great!

1 Like

Thanks Floyd!

I am using TPS1. When I came back to growing and using the octo’s i had no idea what to use and did a good amount of research. The correlation I kept finding was that TPS1 would take you from veg thru flowering with one product and folks were happy with it , instead of this week we are gonna use this and then we are gonna use this on the 5th week. I simply don’t want to be a chemist and I question the yield gain vs the extra money spent on the extra products. The TPS1 folks have other things you can use in blooming etc and I will try it maybe in future grows to see if the cost vs yield is. Read up on it and it has lots of everything you need in it. You can get it for 89$/gallon. I am thru my 2 second grow and probably have about 1/3 left.

PPM/PH - I follow the feeding chart on the side of the TPS on how much to feed in each gallon water on each week. I start with PPM of 0. I use a zero water pitcher for two reasons… One it gets the PPM to 0 and two the baseline of PH of the crap ass water that comes out of my tap is around 9-10. When I run it thru the zero pitcher it is 5.7.59. So I am killing two birds with one stone. I bulk by the zero pitcher filters on amazon which is cheaper than buying distilled water.

EC - Couldnt tell yah! The EC i do not think it is important. The plants drink when they want too. Probably on point! :slight_smile: I think they have this already figured in the measurements for each week in each gallon of water.

I think the other important thing to mention is don’t go sideways on the soil. This is very important for the pots. I used sunshine mix4 my first and second grow and totally happy. I was able to recycle 85% of the sunshine mix from grow 1 for grow 3.

3 Likes

Thanks for the detailed reply. I will have a look at TPS1. Right now I’m using Jacks.
PPM, EC. Two different ways of measuring basically the same thing. You can convert back and forth. My meter will measure in both.
Your plants are looking great , that’s for sure! :smiley: :+1:

2 Likes

It’s the time of the season… When the love runs HIGH…

Yup that time again… Batch 2 is in the CHOPPA zone… 1 down 2 to go…

11 Likes