Revegging problem childs

There’s the thing, if it’s very hot and the plants are regularly being watered heavily they will start to run too low on nutes after a few weeks even in those big sacks. He could do a water - water - feed routine with a weak solution but yeh i’d wait till they were bigger (much) too.

2 Likes

@cannabissequoia @Albannach These are regular Blue Dreams, not Autos. I have some autos actually germinating right now. These should work out okay. lol

Yes. I am completely stupid and didn’t realize the clones needed more light than the sun provides and needed to be weened. Now I know. Learning curve. BTW… I’m never effing buying clones AGAIN. :joy:

I am in So Cal. 14 hours of daylight right now. I understand the photoperiod, and now I understand it with f**king clones too.

Basically I’m gonna leave them all the hell alone for awhile… until I can pull off some of the bottom bud and eat it like a wild animal.

4 Likes

no way, but thanks for the humility :wink:

the 70s & 80s growers took decades to figure out things the hard way, so don’t sweat it. you’re in an excellent climate, about 500mi. south of me. good chances for a good first harvest & we all wish you well here.

:evergreen_tree: <-- made the same “mistake” in 2015

3 Likes

Aww thanks! On a silly side note, my cat completely loses his mind whenever I’m in the back yard near the plants. He doesn’t touch them, but he meows and bites at me and starts dodging in and out between my legs. The smell must make him crazy! It’s hysterical!

4 Likes

Cats often seem to love weed too :laughing:
You’ll get there soon enough and you will learn more from sorting mistakes than anything else. Anyway it’s all good, your plants are regs so yeh let them do their thing. You are in a great part of the world for growing autos and there are some stunning versions of them around nowadays :thumbsup:

2 Likes

It’s late in the season, so I figured I could squeeze in the autos. Next spring I may till the whole darn back yard and grow some “large” plants instead of pots.

3 Likes

Hope you realise how lucky you are :grin:

2 Likes

Sure do! However the insane Los Angeles traffic makes me wonder if all this sunshine is worth it at times.

1 Like

Thank you all for your advice! I really appreciate you! I will update with pics when more crazy things happen. lol

1 Like

I was actually referring to the clones prematurely budding originally instead of vegging because I stuck them straight out into the sun. oops

2 Likes

I’ve done it too :smile: It really slows them down for sure, but now you know.

1 Like

Just watered the crazies with some fish emulsion. They are starting to get little tiny shoots now on 2 of them like everyone said. Still only single leaves coming out though. This is the first time I used fish fertilizer, unfortunately my dog is very attracted to it. Had to run her off from the bucket of water and the fishy watered plants. Hope my cat doesn’t jump on the gravy train too. Pets! Gotta love em!

2 Likes

I am so glad I’m not the only one who has done this with clones!! Looks like a lot of people have. Thank dog! :grin:

2 Likes

So, I just got a magnifier and I checked out the buds on the 7 prematures. I’ve never looked at trichomes before but these look like ice right now (best I can describe it). What are they supposed to look like when they are done?

1 Like

They start out clear then as the resin glands swell up and mature they turn cloudy then amber. I (and many others) like roughly 50/50 cloudy/amber but it’s strain dependent to a degree too. Some mostly indica strains can be too heavy a stone for some people when left late and some sativa based strains are too edgy or uncomfortable when taken early.

3 Likes

These are blue dream. a sativa hybrid. So looking like ice or glass? That means they are still clear right?

2 Likes

Wait till almost all the pistils (little hairs) have turned red and the resin glands are cloudy and turning amber. The buds swell and put on a lot of weight and also sweeten up in the last couple of weeks so if you chop early you will probably be disappointed with the yield/taste and you wont get the proper effect when you smoke it.

3 Likes

The reveggers stems are freaken huge now compared to the others. It’s in a 3 gallon pot. I’m thinking they may need a transplant. btw… some of the shoots are spitting out 3 finger leaves now. I could carefully cut the fabric away… Thoughts anyone?

1 Like

3 gallon pots are a good size indoors but if the plants want to get big outdoors that’s too small so the sooner you transplant the better :thumbsup:

1 Like

Yeah, I’ll give them another day or so to dry out some then I’ll move them into 7’s