Rhai88 & Rena93's Cultivation Station

Or have a drunk friend trip and shatter a 55g fish tank with 6 angy piranha in it.

5 Likes

Man it’s been years since I’ve heard “Ganja Farmer” by Marlon Asher. Never heard that acoustic version, only ever the normal recording. My grandfather used to always have music playing in our garage…either reggae or country lol. I grew up listening to Bob Marley, Buju Banton, Marlon Asher, Eek a Mouse, Peter Tosh, and a bunch of other guys. Used to listen to Kottonmouth Kings alot too, actually smoked n rode dirtbikes w Johnny Richter (friend of a friend) a few times when he would visit my buddies farm in PA.
Thanks @Rhai88 for bringing the marlon asher memories of my grandfather back. You and @Rena93 have a beautiful setup! Best of luck to you both, and Happy early Thanksgiving!

6 Likes

I was the same up until a couple years back hearing this version with Slightly stoopid. Music always bring out all the memories even the bad ones unfortunately.

But I’m a firm believer in music being one of the most beautiful things created in this existence of ours. (even metal) I’m more a metal head than anything but I listen to everything lol

That’s pretty cool man. Always kind of neat to hang out with the creators of music that brings so many together. I was absolutely start struck when I got to have a conversation with Sonny from POD like 10 years ago. Blew my mind. lol

Happy thanksgiving to you and your family to @Illicitmango!

7 Likes

I fully agree! Music is powerful. It’s one of the main things that got me through some rough times, and continues to carry me along daily. That’s awesome you were able to talk with Sonny from POD. I’ve listened to them a little bit years back. I think I remember ‘youth of a nation’ was by them?
I listen to just about anything, although I prefer alot of 80s and 90s music compared to “now”. I love Social distortion, Smashing Pumpkins, Against Me!, my favorite is The Gaslight Anthem (became good friends with Brian from going to the same parties they’d be at in my teens) fast forward a few years and my band opened for them a few times at the Court Tavern in New Brunswick NJ back when our band was still together.
My fiance and I just went to see Gaslight back in May for one of their reunion tour shows. Awesome night, and something I wouldn’t trade for the world.

6 Likes

Day 15F update/photo dump.

Coastal Blueberry x BOG Sour Grape

Triangle Kush x Guerilla Fume

32 Likes

I lived in NY.

BASEMENTS FLOOD HARDCORE.
That’s where the water heaters usually are and the laundry rooms.

Flood are common

Then we have the flooding rain if the walls were not sealed

3 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

That’s cool @Illicitmango …love Gaslight…the Clash is my all time favorite band and concert, and Gaslight Anthem reminds me a bit of them…plus anyone who writes “I’da called you Woody, Joe” will always have a place in my heart…

7 Likes

@CanuckistanPete I love the The Clash as well, Yeah hands down Gaslight is definitely my favorite.
Theres just something about how all their songs/lyrics are very relatable, especially when played acoustic. I dont think I have a favorite song by them as I pretty much love all of them. But Boxer, great expectations, diamond street church choir and American Slang are up there.
59 sound, I love it, but is tough for me to listen to without thinking about my grandfather.

I remember one night where we opened for them, right before they played Brian was talking to the small crowd at the time saying they didnt feel like driving back after the show. All 3 bands were offered to crash at somebody’s house… yeah that turned out to be a total clusterfuck but funny none the less. Falling and tripping over people passed out in the hallways and walking areas of the house, and the place was tiny! Good times.
Happy Thanksgiving OG!

6 Likes

You know you’re writing great stuff when it hits people like this. That song is what hooked me on that band. I get goosebumps EVERY…SINGLE…TIME!

4 Likes

Super healthy. Nice work, both of you.

2 Likes

What was the name of your band? I meant to ask you before.

3 Likes

@CanuckistanPete Our bands name was “ChildHood” we made the band in our early teens and the name just kinda stuck, even more so after a couple years when we started playing different shows. My best friend at the time drove, so that was our mode of transportation. An old GM van, it was definitely in rough shape, but surprisingly she never left us stranded. Well, probably because my grandfather would do all of the maintenance and work on it lol.

But going back to the band name, we had a bunch of posters in my Uncles basement where we jammed/partied that were those old childhood posters like “johnny likes skinny girls but never turns down a fatty” with the kid holding a joint. So we just kinda said “yeah, that’s a good name!”

6 Likes

Awesome…I’m sure you have plenty of great memories, and plenty more blurry ones!

3 Likes

Heres some of your BBD X BC

15 Likes

Short and stout is the name of the game so far with The BBD x BC. Looking good man! How far along right here?

4 Likes

I think its 5 weeks

2 Likes

@Rhai88 didn’t like the flow of the garage so we changed things up. From now on we will be flowering outside of the tents to help controls flowering temps. We utilized the rack for actual storage and also a nice little spot to mix nutes right next to the reservoir. Both 5x5s will be used for clones/veg and or breeding/open pollinations. We still also have a 2x4 in our back pocket for whatever we may need. It’s been a busy couple of days.

35 Likes

looking good the plants sure gone love the space they got now ! it nice to have some extra room, so you won´t have any problem with airflow and temperature anymore. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Love how clinical your setup looks. You two have all your ducks in a row…brilliant!

6 Likes