RIS - Lets cross strains

Let me know if I can be of any help @Ris
I’m also in it for the medical benefits :+1:

2 Likes

Good luck those seem like they would make a great strain. I wonder what the smell of it would be like
download

3 Likes

Terpenes can play a huge role in alleviating a lot of the symptoms you have listed. I would recommend researching terpenes and then find strains with those terpene profiles with other traits that compliment each other and cross them to make beans that should hopefully carry over a combination of those traits.

5 Likes

This is just a rough draft, Don’t hold me to any of this. I found what i could and it’s a work in progress
Version: 1
Date: 1/6

@sardinebags -Thank you for your post, it got me thinking and so i have changed my approach.

@CADMAN - im trying to take a more educated approach, if you have any tips or tricks you have learned please pass them my way

Stuff i think i know:

I am going to build my strain based on specific terpene profile. I have already realized this is going to take a lot of thought and pre-planning in order to do this properly.

That being said, I’m going to use this thread as a sort of thinking out loud kind of thing. A repository of what i have found in the process.

Primary Terpenes

Linalool

This terpenes has an aroma of citrus, sweet and floral.

Effects:

• Anticonvulsant
  • Antidepressant

Example Strains: Wedding Cake, Quantum Kush and Berry White

Myrcene

Myrcene smells of cloves, herbs and can be earthy.

Valued for its euphoric qualities but also it increase the number of cannabinoid substances in the brain. More cannabinoids in the brain means heightened sense of euphoria.

Effects:

• Antispasmodic
  • Muscle Relaxant
  • Euphoria

Example Strain: OG Kush, Girl Scout Cookies and Grape Ape

Pinene

Pinens aroma is that of pine, wood or mountain air. Here I am predominantly looking to add value by giving a boos of energy with some entourage effects

Effects:

• Anti-inflammatory
  • Energy Booster
  • Bronchodilator

Example Strain: Haze Berry, OG Kush and Blue Dream

(Note: I will need to balance Myrcene and Linalool as too much Myrcene will cause couch lock.)

3 Likes

The base of my strain will be kush, so i have sourced 8 different Kush strains to search through. I will be looking for the base of my strain here. Searching for the uplifting, euphoria inducing phenos but Will definitely look for some of the medicinal effects here as well. Mainly Muscle Relaxant and antispasmodic effect.

Further details to come. I will list the strains, Source and go from there.

• CSK x Bubblegum Kush
  • Romulan x Pine Tar Kush
  • Hardcore Biker Kush
  • Bubba Kush
  • Strawberry Walker Kush
  • Monster Kush
  • Mardi Gra Kush
  • Lemon Kush
8 Likes

Which kush’s did you get for the project?

Pz :v:t2:

1 Like

Updated the above post

1 Like

My experience with medical is that a lot of benefits come from “landrace” cultivars with these kind of medical issues. My best tip is to find a good landrace which give alot of the effects you are after and improve with OGs upon that. Landraces have a wider chemovar range, while the kush got the growth structure, large trichs and potency. :pray:t2:

Pz :v:t2:

1 Like

Have you looked into beta-caryophyllene and a type that carries THCv or a CBDv component. These two molecules are supposed to be anti-spasmodic.

Any progress on the project?

Just yesterday I thought to update this and didn’t… your timing is impeccable.

This project has taken a back seat as of lately, not excited about that. Right now I just don’t have the space, but, i am looking at getting another 4x8 or a 5x5. Im running some testers and found a citrus pheno and so now blooming them out to see how it smokes.

I will bring this back sometime in the near future. I want to be able to work this project with 100% focus.

2 Likes

What do you need help with? Maybe I can grow something for you or?

3 Likes

Just got these in the mail yesterday from Growing Up Ganja, thanks @Ris

5 Likes