River goes guerrilla

this year i decided to try my hand at a small gorilla grow …upsides of growing this way in my area is it has some of the most fertile soil in the world and it has regular rain fall …down sides would be it is humid and the growing season is not real long …because i happened to have a large amount of cuttings from a reveged blue kush from @BogSeeds and it is a fast flowering plant(8 weeks) thought this might work so here we go …these cuttings where taken 2 weeks ago and placed in the fridge …today i set up my home made cloning chamber for them …one new addition is the little clay bowl …wanted something that would add lots of humidity to it without adding water to the actual soil not sure if this will work or not …so here is my start hope it all goes well …

20 Likes

Precisely I was thinking about the guerrilla growers now that half of the world population is confined at home. Do you have restrictions yet? On the other side it could be a good point as long as nobody would see/steal it. Anyway good luck with it, be safe … :sunglasses:

3 Likes

live out in the boonies …so even if they restrict us am sure i will still be allowed to drive into town to get supplies and to my parents home to help them …they are in their late 80’s and do not need my help but how would leo know this … plan to leave them in the 16 oz cups so i can transport them easy :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Those cups are super useful and i really like your cloning chamber, what would one of those be called if i were to want one?
For humidity if you can swing it use a wet down teatowel for more surface area for evaporation?

2 Likes

Nice DIY cloner job!
Love the crossed supports, are those the wood strips out of ‘old school’ roll-down blinds? That cloner should work great!

Cheers
G

1 Like

good idea about the towel …that is a bag that a blanket comes in …my mom saves them and keeps giving them to me…i have a whole collection of them LOL …the supports are just left over wood trim …i poked a couple holes in the bag and zip tied them on so the bag could not sag …just used what ever was handy … like it because it reminds me of a greenhouse and it is really easy to open and close …

2 Likes

anything that is stiff and easy to cut to the right size would work …but i used left over wood trim that i had laying around :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ahhh that makes sense and yes I was thinking it’s a perfect mini greenhouse for starting things outside! Especially being compactable for a guerrilla but also for storing it when not in use for seedlings in the spring

2 Likes

do not think it would work well in the sun …a real greenhouse needs to have ventilation or you will end up cooking everything inside …also the wind would probably blow it away …i open it up at least 2 times a day to let fresh air in …lights do not produce the heat that the sun does so is safe for indoor use …also i keep it off to the side of my veg table so not right under the lights …

3 Likes

Very true I do understand that I was thinking more leave the zip as a side door and not completely closed like a one inch gap running along one side and I think we may have very different climates as in the spring I want the warmth one would generate and you could place it slightly under a tree or hedge to adjust heat if that became a problem. Plus they may like the partial shade, of course the bag would take a beating but better than the seedlings and a couple rocks could solve the being blown away as long as you Don’t leave the open side towards the wind haha.

1 Like

its cold here too …might be better off cutting a few small holes in the bottom sides and a few in the top …that way the hot air could escape and let in a bit of fresh …as long as you did not have to many holes it would retain some heat …used to have big green house and i miss it :slight_smile: might want to try it out before you put plants in it …or put something like lettuce in it first …lettuce germinates fast and grows fast and can survive some cold …

3 Likes