RSO Oil and dogs

Looking for advice with RSO/Feco oil and dogs. My boy is 12 years old and has cancer growing back after being removed last year. I was just gifted some high CBD Feco oil from a friend 560mg/20mg Cbd/thc per gram. I was going to mix it with either coconut oil or mct oil and put it in capsules. Initially I was going to use it as suppositories being that I didn’t want it getting him high but feel at such a low dose of thc it can be used orally. Question is being such a low dose of thc is this affective in treating cancer as RSO is?

11 Likes

I mixed mine into the food, my boy loved it. It was mixed with MCT oil.

6 Likes

The cbd will really tone down how high your dog gets from the thc. I’m unsure about effectiveness for cancer unfortunately

7 Likes

This is a very good tip.
It makes good sense to have some on hand just in case.
@Emeraldgreen
You are showing folks that smart side again, gonna ruin your reputation. :rofl:

7 Likes

Shhhhhh it’s an accident :flushed:

5 Likes

Almost time to experiment

3 Likes

Listen to Bob Hemphill on that pot cast episode. He go into a little detail on how he did for his dog who had cancer.or. .just ask him on I g. I’m sure he’d be more than willing to help.

3 Likes

Thanks appreciate it, going to check that out.

2 Likes

Going to start in very small doses and experiment on myself first, figure I should be a good test patient considering I haven’t smoked in 2 months. One of the longest breaks I’ve taken in over 25 years.

3 Likes

I recently had a 15 lb dog eat a quarter of an inch of what was left of a joint and got stoned out of its mind for 2 days. couldn’t walk due to loss of back leg control. poor dog was in space those two days but perfectly fine after lol.

3 Likes

Hope it goes well and please keep us informed! Mine has had a terminal brain tumor going on two years now (radiation therapy slowed it way down), but her seizures are picking back up which means we’re approaching palliative mode. She’s been on CBD oil for years, but wondering if more potent doses might help.

2 Likes

I’ve heard some horror stories and that thc is not good for dogs. This is supposedly a high cbd feco/rso being 560/15-20 mgs cbd/thc and have already been giving him “let it grow hemps” high spectrum hemp oil which has a similar dosage with no I’ll effects. I just got to experiment with dosages and find out if a higher thc content would be more sufficient. If I went higher thc I’m thinking of trying suppositories. In the meantime I will continue to research.

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that, it’s tough watching our little babies grow old. My boy is 12 and had a cancerous tumor in his mouth that spread into his jaw, it was removed over a year ago along with part of his jaw but is now growing back. I’ve thought about radiation therapy recently just unsure if it’d be the right route at this time or if i can afford it. I’m wondering the same regarding dosages but don’t want to go overboard so starting low and going to gradually increase. I’m thinking suppositories would be the way to go with higher thc dosages but have heard so many mixed reviews.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that and sending healing love to your boy. We were lucky, caught her tumor early due to seizures and it was a good candidate for the therapy and we had insurance. And I totally hear you about not knowing the right thing. Our girl is 15.5 and I don’t want to put her through another invasive treatment, so just looking to make things as comfortable as possible.

Hope your boy gets some relief and quality time!

3 Likes

Unfortunately even with humans, cancer, and rso their are many conflicting stories

3 Likes

Sorry for what you are dealing with . It is never easy .
My rednose made it to 17 . Lost my bluenose unexpectedly at the beginning of covid at just 8 .

That being said , I just wanted to point out how much lower of a humans lowest dose , a dog actually needs. Not even comparable.

My Bluenose once licked a tiny drop of my butter off the kitchen floor before I could stop her once. She was completely fucked for days. Including seizure like stuff early on. She ended up being fine. But just a good example of how little their dose needs to be.

I hope it is successful in bringing some relief to your dog and wish you nothing but the best with it.

2 Likes

Some how about the same or better then the stories of chemo’s success . Go figure .
No worries I am sure Bill Gates will make a great Cancer vaccine soon …

2 Likes

For real, I read one thing then hear another that’s opposite. I’ve been sitting on this for a couple weeks but figure he’s not getting any younger.

1 Like

I appreciate it and sorry to hear about your blue! That’s what scares me, I’ll start very low and monitor it closely.

2 Likes

Thank you . She was an amazing dog. She was perfectly fine for many years after eating the drop of butter.
I just will never forget just how messed up she got off of so little.

Again best wishes to you

1 Like