Runt Seed Surprise!

I was a preemie baby, look at me now

3 Likes

Lulu is getting so tall, I had to step back a bit to get her to fit into the picture.

Will be moving her into a cat bucket soon.

7 Likes

Next update… still in the plant pot, but the bucket is coming… I think she’s big enough to FIM and trim… maybe I will try an air clone or two on a lower branch…

Comments? Suggestions? I’m listening!

Close up of branches:

5 Likes

Do it! Talking about air layering the roots when you clone, right? I haven’t tried it myself, would.love to see such an experiment

1 Like

Lulu is another week older… I think she’s hinting that she’s almost ready to flower!

7 Likes

you got that right. this past winter i grew three auto indica hawaii plants. two of the three busted out of the gates like crazy. the runt was way behind and got shoved off to the corner. it took it a lot time to finally get going but wow oh wow. 18 weeks from sprouting i finally chopped down a monster that i had to bend over many times. turned out to be really good smoke too. got a picture of it in “free your budshots part 2” post 57. this plant is amazing and if you have the time and space to grow em out give that runt a chance to show you what could be possible. of course not all runts end like this, although i so agree with what you posted

5 Likes

This may be my next-to-last entry… I found some suspicious “things” on Lulu tonight and I have posted pictures on @LemonadeJoe ’s thread “Male, Female or Hermie?” thread, hoping someone can tell me if she’s still a she or if “she” changed teams on me. My plants become very precious to me so I hope I’m wrong. Otherwise, I hope I took “him” to the garage before he infected the whole room.

It’s hard enough just letting them go at harvest time… killing them young is so sad. Saying goodbye to this one will be especially hard.

This is what I saw that made me worry: (Note: front and back side of the same node.)

I will either post again next Sunday, or post one more time with confirmation that Lulu is actually Luke… and Luke has left the building.

1 Like

That looks like a male. Often males have an extra growth like I think I can see instead of a pistil.

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

The second to last picture seems like it may be a lady. I haven’t seen the extra growth, like in the last picture. I wouldn’t cull it yet until sure. Let’s see what others have to say.

2 Likes

A bit blurry but I’m with @Slammedsonoma420, looks female

1 Like

I still have Lulu - stay of execution (at least a temporary one) until I know for sure… I am checking it daily.

All of her “classmates” have obviously sprouted hairs and some are fully flowering… Lulu has always been super slow in all developments, but STILL!

So here is one more picture. Another week older. Keeping fingers crossed that definitive signs appear this week. I will post an update next Sunday, one way or the other.

3 Likes

@buckaroobonsai, @Mudballs, @ShiskaberrySavior, @Gizmo, @LegsMahoney

Update on Lulu:

:notes:Yes, we have no bananas… we have no bananas today!!:notes:

Whoohoo! What a difference a day makes! Look at the hairs that appeared overnight! I have been watching this plant like a hawk cuz I thought it was a hermie, but I took these pictures tonight and then sent my grow partner this message:

“Congratulations Daddy… It’s a GIRL!”

(Hope I’m not being prematurely optimistic, but so far, I don’t see any new suspicious boy parts growing anywhere. I saw those little nubs and was SO worried.)

Anyway, every “crotch” appears to have white hairs are sprouting, so I’m hoping that means my fears can be put to rest!

9 Likes

congrats reithel! it’s a good thing you didn’t chop her down too early. she’s already pretty tall, it’ll be interesting to see how growth spurt through flower now. how much height do you have to work with?

2 Likes

That’s great news! Glad to hear it!

1 Like

@highminwin

It’s a regular bedroom ceiling… The light fixtures hang down around a foot but can be adjusted.

1 Like

I’m not throwing stones but why the transplant. I planted this seed 2 days ago. When i see roots the plug goes in fertilized coco loco.

3 Likes

That’s how i roll

growcraft X3-500. Lights. Plants are different heights so the lights are too

3 Likes

One week later and Lulu is living up to HER name! She has had a growth spurt since being under the bigger lights for 12/12. She’s also really showing off her coverage of white flowers everywhere. And so far, not a nanner in sight! Whew! (Knocking on wood.)

Here are some pictures with and without flash:

If you have noticed, or been following my other “sort of” growing diary under the title “Occasional Seed Found in Female Bud” here are both plants side-by-side… I am including them because this week, Lulu shot up taller than Ms. L.E.2 (who has always been taller prior to this week.)

They are different strains, so that could be the reason, but it was quite the shocker!!

4 Likes

Sorry about being a couple of days late this week, my cat — my best friend for almost 20 years — became seriously ill and was close to leaving me on the day I usually take the pictures, (Sunday), so I didn’t do anything but hold her and tend to her needs. She passed Monday morning at about 10:30.

I just realized I missed taking the pictures so here it is:

I still see no bananas, but tons of little flowers. She is so tall now, you can see the vent near the ceiling. I had to step way back to get the top in the picture.’m

Here is another picture of Lulu next to Ms.L.E. 2, from my topic “Occasional Seed found in Female Bud” for height comparison… Lulu is getting really tall!

6 Likes

Sorry about your kitty.

2 Likes