Happy Holidaze

Hey y’all! Welcome to my grow journal. This grow began on 6/26/22. It only consists of a HODAS which comes from Skunk Devil Genetics (Heart of Darkness x Balkh Afghan x Egyptian Sinai), and two Tropolope x Romulan that come from AK Bean Brains. The plants were in veg for 100 days, and have since been flipped to flower on 10/5/22. I originally had started it in a discord community I was a part of but have since left and eventually stumbled upon this forum. I’m an amateur when it comes to growing cannabis, and have only been growing for a couple of years.

Instead of posting the previous images, I’ll post the images I take from here on out. If anyone is interested in seeing specific days of the veg cycle prior to this, let me know. Thanks for stopping by.

13 Likes

To upload pictures, click the tray with down arrow icon, then choose location where your pictures are stored. Choose your photos, then click Add, then upload. Depending on the size of your images, it can take a few seconds and when they are uploaded you’ll see a preview on the right side.

2 Likes

You can try copying the photo, not the link, in drop box and pasting it in your message

1 Like

The link didnt work for me!

:green_heart::seedling:

2 Likes

Finally figured it out, lol.

9 Likes

Wow 100 days of vegging gonna be some huge plants I’m thinking.

2 Likes

I hope so! I’ll be adding another layer of netting a few days from now, and will update with some pics once I do that.

For now, this is how they’re looking after some defoliating.

Also, would a mod possibly be able to move this into the journal section? I hadn’t seen there was a specific section for these types of threads. Thanks.

5 Likes

Howdy y’all. Wasn’t able to create the second layer of trellis netting due to a busy schedule. However, I’m posting a picture of the girls since I’ll be gone for 4 days while traveling to Colombia. I’ve hooked them up to some blumats I’ve used in the past. They usually respond well to them, but this is the first time I leave during flowering.

Anyway, if there’s anyone in Cartagena that has some cool seeds, maybe we can trade!

5 Likes

Hey y’all, back from Colombia. Was able to score some Mango Biche seeds! Excited to eventually work with them.

Plants are a bit stressed out, especially “Carmela”.

Will be watering them here shortly after a short nap. Flying’s got me beat.

4 Likes

Howdy y’all,

I’ve been working on the garden this week. I’ve preformed some major defoliation on two plants, while the third I still gotta hit. My plan is to remove all growth underneath the canopy, specifically underneath my first trellis layer. I’ve also installed a second trellis layer, and ensured there was even distribution of my PPFD on the tent. The average right now is 1,200, and the plants seem happy.

I’m going to include the nutrient feed that I do from now on as well, in case anyone in the future is growing the same strain and also utilizing the same nutrient brands.

For Advanced Nutrients: Bud Factor, Bloom A & B, B-52, Nirvana, Big Bud, Sensizym, Bud Candy.
I utilized 23 mL of each of these bottled nutrients inside a 5 gallon bucket. (5mL/g) The 3 mL is added since I don't fill the 5 gallon entirely to the top, so I don't want to add a whole 5 mL for that remaining gallon.

For General Hydroponics:
20 mL of Cal+Mag.

I’m posting pictures of my watering set up, since I hand water and recently made the investment of getting a portable water pump with a wand attachment to help me water. Prior to this, I was manually watering by mixing all my nutrients in the 5 gal bucket, and then transferring 1.5 gallons at a time to a hand pump watering wand. It was extremely time consuming.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy some pictures!

This one’s the one I still need to defoliate.

Watering Pics:

4 Likes

Increased light to an average of 1,500.

5 Likes

I was looking around other grow threads and realized that the real cool part of these is seeing the progression of the plants. I’ll upload some pictures from the beginning of this grow.

6 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

The watering wand was causing the housing of my water pump to leak a bit. To help ease that, and to further facilitate watering the plants, I bought these tree watering sprinklers. They work like a charm!

4 Likes

Howdy y’all, I’m experiencing what I believe to be a Mag deficiency. I’ve posted that here, if you want to check it out.

The update today will actually be on my next grow. I’ve planted a few seeds! I’ll be growing one of Kagyu’s and Bodhi’s collab, American Skunk Select x Colombian. I’m not sure what Kagyu’s Colombian is necessarily, but I’m excited to grow my first strain with Colombian genetics.

The other seeds are by Skunk Devil Genetics, which he titled “Lavender Afghani”. I cut off contact with the dude, so I’m not sure what heritage that plant has.

EDIT: I had it written down in my physical journal, Lavender Afghani is comprised of Runtz x Lavender Kush x Afghani Balkh

These are going to be relatively smaller plants compared to how long I usually veg for. I’ll also be cutting off all side branches and leave only the main branch colas. Hopefully they can withstand the stress!

Anyway, here’s some pics!

I’m keeping the humidity in this tent to 80, and am also leaving the lights on 24 hours until I switch them. I want to clarify that I don’t add my logo on the pics in order to push a brand or insinuate I’m an expert. I’m a newbie, but I don’t want anyone to steal my images and not shoot credits.

¡Buenos humos!

5 Likes

I’ve noticed that most plants don’t actually like 24 hr light…seedlings included, but if you don’t mind the slower growth, it doesn’t hurt…:+1:

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

I actually can’t afford the slower growth! Thanks for the heads up, I’ll switch them to 18/6 today.

What it do, party people?

My primary garden is still showing signs of a deficiency, but now that it’s progressed further I no longer think it’s a Mag deficiency.

Grow #4.

Here we have one of Meadows’ fan leaves from 8 days ago.

And this is the same leaf last night.

:eye: :nose: :eye:

Thinking it’s not a Magnesium deficiency like I originally thought, I then thought it was a zinc deficiency, but zinc is immobile… I’m now thinking it may be a mix of potassium and nitrogen. I upped the Advanced Nutrients bases from 5 mL/gal to 7 mL/gal.

Janice hasn’t shown any signs of deficiencies, she’s been super resilient.

5th Grow.

These bad suckers just hit their first week. As a father, I’ve never been more proud. I’m going to mess around with this grow and do some real aggressive defoliation to only let the main branches have some thick colas. There are 3 seedlings that show promise. One being Kagyu’s Bodhi collab, and the other two being some Lavender Afghani.

Thanks for stopping by!

¡Buenos humos!

5 Likes

How’s the ph ? Could possibly be that.

1 Like