Runt Seed Surprise!

Another week older, and SO tall, she needed a brace.

Here is a picture showing how both plants have grown a lot since last week.

7 Likes

Hello again… Lulu didn’t get much taller this week, but I think her buds may have plumped up a little…

I don’t have Ms. L.E.2 for comparison any more… it was her time to give her all for a good cause this week.

We will keep going and see what happens!

Here is Lulu, and I still can’t believe she started as the tiny seed I was just about to toss in the trash cuz it took 3 weeks to get her to pop a root!

Here she is a little closer… I think I should clip a couple of fan leaves!

5 Likes

This might be one of my last pictures of Lulu, my little runt seed… she has surprised me again… by being full of seeds.

Apparently we have had an invader and it has caused me many problems… Guess it’s time to tear down and start over… Stay Tuned!

A close up

4 Likes

It’s that time again… time to say goodbye to a pretty plant. I get too attached to my green friends and especially this time… my best friend of almost 20 years, Candy my cat, passed away about a month ago and I was already feeling the sadness of missing her when I chopped my green friend down tonight. Candy used to follow me into the plant room and curl up on her special rug under the work table… right where Lulu always sits to have her picture taken. She hasn’t been there the last couple of times I took Lulu’s pictures and it sure punches a hole in my heart to look down there and see no furry friend there.

Anyway, tonight was the last time I will be taking any pictures of plants for awhile, since we had a male or Hermie sneak into the convent and ruin everything!! Time to tear it all down and start over. Candy would have been right there with me as I cleaned and replaced everything.

Anyway, here is Lulu’s final picture before harvest.

This was the last time Candy followed me into the plant room and fell asleep on her rug… her daughter seemed to know she was sick and came to lay down with her.

Here is a picture of the original Runt Seed… the smaller of the two… it was put in water on the 20th of March and didn’t germinate until 21 days later… by then, I had already started the other seed. I’m pretty sure that the bigger seed is the one that turned out to be the Hermie… :nauseated_face:

Added later: This is the “cat rug” that Candy claimed as her special spot… kind of an ugly thing, but whether it was in the window box, on the seat of the rocking chair, or there in the plant room floor, where the rug was, she claimed it as “her” place… and it has been vacant since the last time she slept there.

Nobody will ever be able to make me believe that cats can’t feel emotional connections.

Goodbye to both my furry and green friends.

5 Likes

Sorry about Candy’s passing, she had 20 good years!

2 Likes