S.E. Michigan 2022

Male Sour Strawberry. He will be used to make seed with all of the female S.S. and most of the other females. He’s in a remote location for pollen collection. I will only pollinating a couple branches of each female.

11 Likes

Welcome to the OG @Gro !

Your garden is looking great!

Ummm!
I saw the Sour Strawberry and was excited…
Then I scrolled down a bit and saw that you will be breeding the S.S. with S.S. … :fire:

I will be following along… :call_me_hand:

and as always…
Here is to the good times to come on the OG :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Welcome @Gro, good to have ya and happy to see another Michigander find their way here. I work in Farmington Hills but live in Flushing. Got a good looking outdoor going so far, happy and healthy. I’m hoping this humidity lets up soon or we’re gonna be fighting PM early this year :joy:

Hope to see you around boss

4 Likes

Yeah this humidity is extreme. Especially today.

4 Likes

S.E. Michigan here too. Her are two links to check out.

:green_heart: :seedling:

4 Likes

Do you think you could save me a bit of the pollen?

1 Like

We’ll see how much I’m able to harvest. If I have a bunch extra I’ll see what I can do. He smells sweet. More raspberry-ish than strawberry but very nice, and different than all the females in veg. The females smell more earthy, cacao and a little floral.

3 Likes

I am doing a indoor run of Sour Strawberry, but started with 5 beans. Plus I want to make seeds. I should have at least one male in the bunch. :grin:

4 Likes

Nice! I started with 5 bean also. 4 fem 1 male.

4 Likes

I started with ten. That was before they started adding rules and put the sale for the little folks of seeds, home made edibles and other related items.
5 WW and 5 NL. All the research I read told me the would be the best starter. Best runs ever. Beginners luck for sure.

2 Likes

I’m curious as to everyone’s favorite approach to dealing with aphids, particularly in flower. I have a light infestation and for now, the ladybugs seem to be keeping them from proliferating. I plan to spray them with wettable sulfur this weekend but once flowering I won’t spray again.

2 Likes

3 different chem D s1s from CSI.

10 Likes

Interesting variegation in the last photo.

1 Like

Yeah that plant has extreme varigation. Every leaf shows it.

2 Likes

Update on the main garden coming soon. I wish I could update more often but life is busy. Here is some stuff going on at a different location. This is where the males are free to grow. The one pictured here is a Sensi Star x Puck.

9 Likes

Beautiful man :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal:

1 Like

The wider leafed female on the right is Sherbet x Wedding Cake, and on the left is a Purple Punch Fallen Soldier. I have a few other small females sprinkled in around the big male SS x Puck.

3 Likes

Lovely garden you have there!

2 Likes

The pepper is Carolina reaper.

3 Likes

The Sour Strawberry male has been chopped and thrown in the compost pile. Pollen has been collected and I’ll be taking it to the main garden to pollinate select female branches soon.

3 Likes