SAN checking in @ OG

Here’s an extremely weird example, from the fastbuds website

9 Likes

Since you made so much x’s I imagine u played around with lots of males in their different stages @santero

Planing on doing a quick seedrun to just save some cuts (in a way). Dont want to the extra round of male selection, flowering out and then time them correctly with a proper seedrun tho. Still dont want an open pollination, more something in the middle.

So I thought about letting the males flower a bit, inspect them to my likings, killing of the others at this point (mid flower) and having the mums ready and hitting them. Bonus for me at the end of the dusting the male should be flowered out and at least can be checked for hermie traits again at that point. Now where am I questioning myself, did you made expierences that the pollen that gets dropped at the end of a males cycle is less viable?
Also thinking the room is is ofc still “polluted” with the other males polen but still feels more controlled than just open pollinating

6 Likes

That’s a good question actually,

I collected pollen / male flower clusters from a male that had died not too long ago, and then used these in a pharmacy bag (paper bag, but the paper is kinda waxed idk) to pollinate the plants

But I suppose I questioned, like, people say pollen is extremely troublesome or whatever, like itll spray everywhere. But like, how bad is that? Like if I shook the bag too much or didn’t close it enough, did I spray pollen everywhere? Or is it not viable because it’s not fresh from a living male? Etc

I tried to do it properly, and stick painters tape on the relevant stalks. But I’ve definitely wondered and you bring it up, so I hope someone can answer.

4 Likes

later pollen is same as viable as the first dust :wink:
pollen stays viable for a whle in the fridge after drying
it for a day or two in roomtemps, but it’s better to freeze
it for longer storage (for up to 12-18 months).

25 Likes

Humble beginnings

27 Likes

yeti og f2 (made by loompa) x sour cindy-males :slight_smile: = “furry animals”

those happened along the sidelines of my sour cindy-reproduction
of (sour diesel riri cut vs. c99 f2), that esko made a few years back.

that’s a very nice yeti-type with cindy stretch you got there, mate :heart_eyes:

27 Likes

The three La Mera Mota v1. I am running 12/12 fs some time later.

Im suprised that 2/3 already showed sex today.
The smallest one is a female so thats a win.

While im happy to got a female and it wont matter for future runs when cuts roots Im a bit bummed about her size. I hope she will keep on stretching for some more time.

And ofc the big one is the male

Just from knowing she got a short flo (in comparison) I would assume the red hair oaxacan (charlie garcia cut) got more of a classic 2-3week stretch while the c5 will keep on stretching for a while more??? Hoping broski san wont hop on too fast on this with his canna knowledge to keep this intresting, hehe.

27 Likes

Always good stuff in here. Hope all is well and plants are happy on your end @santero!!

8 Likes

@KleinerVogel How old are those LMM ?
Unfortunately I missed out on those, I was to late. Sold out. Ouch :sob:
Will you kill the males?

4 Likes

I would say roughly a bit ~3weeks.
So old enough for usual sexual maturity, still thought it would take another week.

Male will be culled, yes. While I love and expect alot of the lineage these will just fill in the run. So no f2ing. Real sorry bro

8 Likes

So excited for my loompas headband cross @santero

Did you find the yeti to be up to par? I get really nice lemon fuel dank terps off loompas headband (underdog og) and now it’s drying.

5 Likes

@santero Been sitting on a couple of packs of your Qeen Bee for quite a while now but they are starting to whisper to me from the fridge if you know what I mean. Can you give me any details on the cross? Smells, Tastes etc. Do they lean heavy to the bubba? Thanks in advance.

5 Likes

bubba kush expresses mostly dom in whatever she gets crossed with.
i used the “92 cut” (i had pre98, 92 und katsu here and kept the 92).

the killer queen came via a friend from another board for repro, which i made
for derg corra a few years back. that KQ-line was made from motas, reeferman
and a third source (dang, i need to check my notes, lol.) and linebred for a few
generations. the KQ-plants i met were all g13-dom, no cindy to be found.

__

ha, the queen bee iss an old one :slight_smile: grows stout & bubbadom.
give them plenty of veg as they almost do not stretch after flip.
the tastes were a mix of bubba kush nice choco-coffe like with
some elements from the KQ which had a sweet-herby hash-
nose, while keeping it on the comfy/couchlocking side of effects.
most finished around 9 weeks, but the longer flowering ladies
of about 10 weeks yielded better and were bigger.

26 Likes

. Thanks. @santero Sounds great. What was it about the '92 that you preferred over the other bubba cuts?

5 Likes

nothing in specific about the smoke :wink: it was just me picking one at random.
the bubba cuts are practically all the same → very small variations, imho (!)

if you describe them it will always be the same description, kush, coffe/choco,
10 weeks, narcotic smoke … i’d kill for a bubba cut today, haha. i did let mine go
around 2017/2018 and have only grown my own lines with her since then (as the
clones by themselves get boring after a while and their variations become much
more interesting to me over time :wink: ).

20 Likes

Bubba is one of the best smokes, but sucks to grow and trim. Best thing you can do is find someone who crops killer Bubba and grow something they’ll trade you the Bubba for. Haha. It helps to start topping, pruning, and opening them up early too. Sounds like a killer cross. Best of luck with them!!

11 Likes

I didn’t do her justice but was still some pretty nice smoke and would have been better if I didn’t harvest it early. The only thing I can say is that it veg pretty damn slow so if you are popping it with other things it might be a good idea to start them a week or 2 before everything else :stuck_out_tongue: I still have another pack I might have to revisit it again since I like to think I’m a better grower now lol. Smell wasn’t “loud” per se but it was nice earthy coffee old school kushy type smell translates pretty well to flavour too.

37 Likes

that’s the bubba :slight_smile: perfect description. the pointier bud-tips come
from the KQ, b-cuz bubba makes those round/blunt type of buds.

she’s not loud but a pronounced, typical kush-type
that we all know and love :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: (well, most of us …)

16 Likes

Wow, good to see your still going at it, I’m back in the hobby and glad to see your still posting

10 Likes

pfff, CARPER … WTF ! :exploding_head:
man, it’s nice to see you, bro.

hit me up, i got beans for you !! :slight_smile:

21 Likes