Sanddan's Amazing Purple Punch

My current grow, Purple Punch at 48 days in flower.

13 Likes

Wow, that’s a nice bud! Tell me more. What lighting, media, etc.?

5 Likes

ReikoX,
I did a mix of Promix HP and soil, mostly because I didn’t have enough of either to fill the three pots. They are under a 600 watt HPS with a cool tube hood for cooling. I also have a dehumidifier, heater and a temp controlled exhaust fan. I’ve been keeping the 5x5 at 75 deg minimum temp when lights out and lights on has been running right at 80-82 deg with humidity at 50-52%. This is my 4th attempt at growing (not counting my attempts in the mid 1970’s) with my first 3 being a disaster due to PM in late flowering. I gave up for 2 years but my one and only harvest is running out so I thought I would try one more time. My goal has been to do a better job of managing the environment to prevent the dreaded PM by keeping the temps higher and the humidity low. This was based on a video showing research into PM and how to prevent it. I tried the different sprays you can use in flower but none of them did a decent job, at least enough that I felt comfortable smoking any of that bud. It’s heart breaking to have to pull a crop in week 7 but even worse to do it twice in a row. So far this run is going smoothly but I have at least another week to go so keeping my fingers crossed.

3 Likes

Beautiful looking plants! Good luck keeping the PM at bay. If you look around a bit theres a lot of great info on prevention and management of PM here

1 Like

Wow very frosty, keeping the temps up is working well for the plants as well as keeping the PM at bay.

1 Like

Yes I agree very nice frost. Well done. Should finish to something u will be happy with.

Thanks so much everyone. It’s so hard to be patient right now but the only harvest I’ve had so far was cut too soon, should have waited longer but at least it was a “start to finish” run so I learned a lot. So many clear trichs it’ll rip your head off, not mellow at all. After being jarred for 2 years it has mellowed to be a “not too bad” smoke but I hope for better this time. Different strain this time, more Indica leaning than Sativa, so it is definitely going to finish sooner.

To add to the grow info, I’m using Blue Planet Farmers Pride line for feeding at 50% of the listed amounts. I fed through day 38 and flushed on day 43 with 3 gal ea of PH’ed water. Not much “fade” yet but it’s only been a week without food. I hope I started soon enough.

2 Likes

she’s purdy! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Moved your two threads into one big old grow gallery for ya!

Lookin sooo tastey…

2 Likes

She’s starting to show her fade now. Day 52 so we are in the home stretch.

16 Likes

Very nice Man…I bet you can’t wait to smoke her…

K.

2 Likes

Looking beautiful man!

You did awesome work on her

Thanks! If all goes well this will be my second harvest. Still amazed at the changes that happen in the last 2 weeks.

2 Likes

Day 54 and we are having a heatwave. It’s 89 outside today and supposed to maybe hit 95 and I don’t have an AC in the grow room. Bummer… It is what it is and in spite of the heat the girls are persevering.

16 Likes

Looks incredible! How is the scent?

There seems to be a specific insanely frosty profile to GDP related cultivars… and I like it!

I Really have to get into something in a related line!

2 Likes

A berry smell, kinda like grape. I’ve been smoking some I got at the same dispensary I got the clones at and the effects are very nice. The dispensary weed does not have much smell, I hope mine is better. This will only be the second time I’ve done the “harvest, dry and cure” process so far so I hope I don’t screw it up. I’m a little worried about the drying phase due to the very high temps we are seeing right now. I hope I can get a decent amount of dry time before the curing starts.

2 Likes

Harvest day! Chop Chop

18 Likes

Nice work. Covered in trichs n colors
. Dry slow
enjoy.

1 Like

beautiful beautiful beautiful

1 Like

Thanks for the comments. It’s funny, they didn’t have any purple color before I flushed. All the colors came in the last 2 weeks with the purple starting first and the fade starting to show about 4-5 days after the flush. I flushed until the runoff was under 200 PPM and they had a full 14 days after to fade. I’ll add pics when I do the trimming. I know the buds are a lot bigger than the dispensary version of the same strain which was tested at 26% THC. Same genetics, the clones came from that grower, so I hope mine is as potent.

3 Likes