Sativa Seed Maturity

The seeds should take a normal amount of time to finish. 4-6 weeks or so. The more seeds you try to make the longer they all take to finish, wiith some finishing earlier and some finishing later, but all of them taking a bit longer than normal if the plant is Fully pollinated.
Colder weather can delay seed ripening with sativa’s.

5 Likes

That’s the benefit of a 20 week flowering time lol! I haven’t done 3 yet but I’ll work towards that goal😁

2 Likes

This is the old trick the hippies used to ripen sativa’s before the bad weather came in. Better to harvest mature seeded flowers than immature sinsemilla. The flowers from even a 25 week Thai plant will mature 6 weeks after being pollinated.

5 Likes

Ok because my Oaxacana seeded mom looks done at 64 days seeds are ready to fall out

I was thinking of picking it just to give the tent some space

2 Likes

@Papalag Now that makes sense. I’m confident that if you pick all those seeds as soon as they are ripe, the plant will give you at least another 4 weeks of seedless flower production, probably more.
Don’t forget to smoke those seed husks!

2 Likes

Love it. You could just paint one bud a little and it would ripen faster. I’ve never grown a 14 week strain to seed, so I didn’t know about the shortened flower period by pollinating.

1 Like

Great info…