Scott Family Farms aka Reeferman Seeds

Are there any seedbanks that carry Scott Family Farms seeds in North America? I grew out his PGSUS and Love Potion x Nigerian Nightmare and like his genetics. All my research points to banks in the UK. Tried reaching out to them via messenger with no success.

8 Likes

He has a distributor on the island(victoria).

1 Like

Doe the distr. do retail?

Sacred medicinal is the vendor.

1 Like

Not finding anything

https://www.sacredmedicinals.ca/shop?page=4.

3 Likes

Geez, I didn’t look far enough into the menu. Thanks!

2 Likes

Look at old school breeders association, there is some disagreement as to the legitamecy of the genetics but I’ve seen a few strains from them grown out and they look legit.
Long story short they worked together and things fell apart, reef claims there fake but had previously posted Link’s saying to go there for his gear. He broke communication with me when asked about his past promotion of them as legit, the owner at osba claims reef ran off with some money so he kept his genetics and copyrighted his name. It’s a gamble but I ordered the silver leaf we will see what happens.

9 Likes

Not that I know of in north American sorry didn’t read your post all the way. :sunny:

Read that. After I posted the thread, I took a deep dive into the web and found a lot of disgruntled buyers with comments ranging from zero germination to poor plant genetics. I had good success with his offerings 2005-6, prior to the falling out. There are way too many genetics to choose from and be a part of on this site to worry. Time to move on…

4 Likes

Alfie McKenzie is who hurt dave Scott. He used reefs name to get a bunch of buisness and then screwed people over with inferior genetics. I have seen what dave is working on latley and believe me its classic Reeferman work. At the end of the day Dave is still working on preserving and making his work available to the public at a reasonable price.

5 Likes

It’s hard to know what to think with so much
Conflicting info, I’ve talked to both of them and Charles by far came off as the more un reasonable one. I’d like to hear his explanation for posting Link’s to osba in old forums and then claiming there a complete fake. Sounds to me like they worked together and things fell apart leaving osba with most of the genetics. What happened to reef going after him for the name ?

2 Likes

Like you said, there’s always two sides to a story and somewhere in the middle is the truth. I was offered an opportunity to go to Columbia and work with Al on a large scale CBD op. As I understand Neville had some involvement prior to his passing. Dave also had/has a Columbia op running as well. Al bought or stole, that part is disputed, the reeferman trade mark and ran it into the ground, according to dave. I agree that dave can be difficult to deal with but he knows his craft very well. Either way they will both take there beef to the grave and the herb will continue to grow.

5 Likes

Seems like alot of people are going south I just met somebody at a bbq who had spent some time working down there but decided to come back. Was a weird interaction actually, the guy heard me talking about breeding and preserving old lines and immediantly wanted to know what I had and where from. I told him I had more then was worth trying to sit there and name off and he got agitated and kept asking what specific landraces I had. I named off a few and he lost interest in that as soon as he realized I knew what I was talking about. He immediantly started stearing the conversation towards patents and crisper projects. I asked what companie he was working with down there and his response was south America is big don’t worry about it, but then wanted to trade seeds but disapeered with out trading info ( not that I had any interest). Come to think about it he walked off when I was explaining to people the reason behind patents and gmo strains is to controll the market like Monsanto and controll the industrie threw genetic Monopolys.
All I know is I want the silver leaf and when I spoke to reef about it he said it was gone and I wouldn’t find it, he went on and on about how he put so much effort into getting it that he wasn’t willing to share it in pure form. I find that odd as he sold reg beans of it so several people already have or had it. He was under the impression Vietnamese strains we’re rare and was not happy to hear i had Vietnamese beans my self. I have close friends from there and Cambodia plus several companies offer similar genetics.
Osba didn’t buy the name he copyrighted it making it his before reef thought to do so. Reef says when he has a legal ability to challenge the name he will, has that happened yet ? How was one guy able to legally own the name but reef wasn’t seems odd. From what I remember his name was ruined After things came out about him being a far right wing conservative racist , I’m surprised osba uses the name with so much negativity surrounding it. Reef claims to have changed but the damage was done.
I’ve seen one person grow out the silver leaf from them and it looked identical to the pictures from reefs old site so I’m taking my chances , some gamble on slot machines I gamble on cannabis seeds lol
@ubcchemo have you seen people personally get bad or bunk genetics threw osba ?
I know (A) has a couple different companies from Canada to South America including one here in the states so it doesn’t seem like he needs the money. He would be doing just fine without the reeferman name seems like he is doing it more out of spite from a deal gone bad. Realy the only reason I want the silver leaf is because I was told I wouldn’t get it , I have Vietnamese strains already and access to tons of landraces from the surrounding areas.

7 Likes

I can not say that I have seen bunk gear from old school, seeing and hearing are two different things. I’m not hacking on Old school, I have never run there gear so i would be out of line in saying anything. I hope you get what you’re looking for in the silver.
Cheers ol buddy.

1 Like

I was just curious I’ve heard bad things also but don’t see anybody posting many pics good or bad to support there claims.
I’ll make sure to report on my results the silver leaf should be hard to miss.

1 Like

Didn’t RM pop upon the forum a while back talking about some of the things he is working on?

Yeah he did briefly basically to say osba was a fraud and he had some things up and coming.

I’ve seen what Dave is up to but it’s not for me to say. Some great looking genetics for sure I can say that much.

2 Likes

I am gonna say one thing about the obsa list. They are advertising ubc chemo S1s. After having and growing it for many years we have not been able to self it. STS, CS, and brutal stress and never one Male part. As you are well aware of the GMs with that strain it would be fair to say that no y chromosome exists in her genes and she may even be XXXX. In any event I would like to see her and know what method was used. I would say it’s a hoax. I sent cuts to Matt at bcbd in 06 and never heard from him since either.

4 Likes