Season 2 SEMO Grown Medicine

Yesterday evening the Night Terror started smelling very strong blueberry smell with hints of sour and diesel up close. When you open the tent the smell is still sour without the blueberry. I now have three Night Terror clones and three Purple Flamingo clones in pots with two more Purple Flamingo with roots in water. With nothing but solo cups and tap water I went 3/3 cloning cuttings of Night Terror and 5/10 Purple Flamingo. The other five Purple Flamingo cuttings are still green. If you have time and not much money start your cuttings early and they will root in time. Paying for cloners and gels only speeds up the rooting of healthy vigorous strains those things are not needed. Now if you have a less vigorous strain you may need those things to get clones from cuttings.

Night Terror is the first group of photos followed by the Purple Flamingo. The Purple Flamingo is maturing fast. It is listed as a 49-63 days strain. This one looks like it is towards the lower end of that range.

I watered yesterday for the first time using nutes. I used a half teaspoon of Jacks 20-10-20 per gallon of water. With the faster growing Purple Flamingo I think I should have started with the nutes a couple weeks ago,

6 Likes

The new Mammoth Light came in today. I get home and I am looking at this giant box facing the road.

They included these small I bolts. There isnt any place on the frame to screw them into. I hope they dont expect people to use these to secure to rafters or ceiling studs. I will be using the large black hooks. I am not impressed by what they expect you to hang this light with. It is two small wire hangers that hook onto a screw in the frame. The weight of the fixture holds the hook in place.

The light is super bright and it turns off fast with no afterglow so far.

I my have to drill some holes in the four corners thread it and use those included I bolts to help support the fixture with another set of hangers.

6 Likes

I used my noodle and came up with a way to hang the light that I am more comfortable with than just the wire hanger that was included. I attached these to the four screws for the wire hanger to help distribute the weight across the whole cross bar at the top of the tent instead of just the middle.

The included ratch hangers are short and pretty cheap with plastic gears. I had some spare AC infinity Ratchets that are much better quality and long enough to allow me to ratchet the light to the ceiling from the floor. You wont be able to do this with the included ratchets.

I have the power supply outside the tent on a hardwood bar stool with wood riser under each end for airflow. If it gets hot I can add a fan.

4 Likes

Three Night Terror Clones have rooted in the pot and are starting to grow. Three Purple Flamingo are starting to grow and I put another one in the soil this morning. There are three more Purple Flamingos with roots growing in solo cups of water. That is seven of ten cuttings that started growing roots. I tossed the other three cuttings that had no roots this morning.

Getting closer to harvest with the Purple Flamingo. I am guessing the harvest window will be between April 30th and May 8th. The interior shaded areas are producing abundant frost. I still think it smells like bubblegum shampoo.

The Night Terror is doing good and packing on the frost. The new light is harder on this plant than the Purple Flamingo. The leaves really started to darken under this light.

Night Terror OG

Purple Flamingo

6 Likes

Where do I buy the awesome overgrow.com sticker?

2 Likes

@Heliosphear had a awesome six year anniversary event in June of 2022. That is where I got that sticker.

You can get merch here

1 Like

Daaaaamn @SEMOActivist the Night Terror is looking Terrorific! Purple Flamingo is strangely Beautiful and Unique. You have done a outstanding Job OverGrown’n, Looking forward to the Harvest.

This picture made me laugh uncontrollably…
Thank you. :sunglasses:

Have a Great Day. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I love that little guy. He has a metal hanger between his shoulder to hang him from the ceiling. I had him as a Halloween decoration. I had him up above my Garage hooked up to a motion sensor to drop down in front of a person getting ready to step up on my porch. It was great until a little five year old girl wet herself. Now I use him to keep kids and pets out of the basement.

2 Likes

The plants are doing good. The Night Terror is frosting up and purpling nicely. The Purple Flamingo has solid white trichomes and has had them for a while now. The white trichomes makes the buds look blueish in normal light. The first clones that went into pots have rooted and are starting to leaf out and grow.

Night Terror

Purple Flamingo

The clones

6 Likes

@SEMOActivist :rofl: :sunglasses: I woulda wet my pants at least a little. In fact I just dropped some mud looking at your latest update. :laughing:

The colors on the Night Terrorz is amazing, gonna be a whop-bop-a-luba harvest!

2 Likes

My patient is pushing me to harvest his Night Terror. It is looking close to ready very few amber and a mix of cloudy and clear trichomes. The Purple Flamingo the trichomes are solid white with no amber and have been that way for a while now.

The Mammoth 8 bar I had to drop to 45% power. The light is harder on the shorter Night Terror than on the taller Purple Flamingo.

Closeup shots my Patient made with his phone

Rare Danjness Night Terror OG

Purple Flamingo. Edit Only two are Purple Flamingo the rest are Night Terror.

8 Likes

The Cannatrol Cool Cure arrived today and I chopped the Purple Flamingo. I have her hanging in the basement nice and trimmed up for the Maiden run of the Cannatrol. The trichomes were almost all solid white not cloudy with some clear trichomes. I saw no cloudy or amber trichomes on the buds from top to bottome. There was some amber on the leaves. I may have chopped a little early and lost some bulk on the buds. The last week they were starting to swell and stack,

Purple Flamingo Before the Chop

Post Chop and the clones

There is enough small budlets not pictured to fill one and a half solo cups. I will let these buds hang for a day before I put them in the Cannatrol. I am using the default settings for my first dry and cure.

3 Likes

The Night Terror is bulking up and stacking nicely. Still a far amount of clear trichomes and very little amber. Might harvest the last day of April. The purple flamingo had a low yield. That may have been my fault with all the pruning and topping I did to keep the plant short. I will only top once with the clones.

These little plants have survived a couple frosts and many nights of low temperatures. I keep finding plants growing all over my yard and in the cracks in my driveway.

Should I keep them?

Night Terror

4 Likes

The Purple Flamingo after one day of hanging and two days in the Cannatrol. These are fluffy buds from lower on the plant. I will post better pictures after the full dry and cure run.

Feb 21 was the first Day of 12/12 for flowering nine weeks ago yesterday. I am starting to see more amber and the smell is increasing in the tent. The main scent is diesel with a note of sour in the air when you open the tent.

My patient is wanting me to harvest early. I would like to wait another seven to ten days for more amber. The decision is his as it is his plant and I am only the caretaker of the plant. I will be cutting and trimming the plant tomorrow morning. I will let it hang for a day then it goes in the Cannatrol.

The Night Terror clones are doing great. The Purple Flamingo clones are growing slower. I know it is only one grow of Fat Cat Labs seeds but I am not impressed with their release of Purple Flamingo.

3 Likes

The three Night Terror clones are doing well. Only two of the Purple Flamingo clones are doing decent, the rest are slow growing. I just put the five clones doing the best in five gallon pots, the others I will put in one gallon fabric pots. I will flip to 12/12 in the next week or two at the latest.

After these are done flowering I will be Starting Juicy Woo by @MAHAKALA

I wet trimmed and hung the Night Terror for one day before putting it in the cannatrol. Three days in the Cannatrol

5 Likes

great! brother. I cant wait to see it. prepare for some thai stretch… you said you grow for patients? I am also very curious about their reactions… what diseases do they treat with cannabis?

4 Likes

I only have one patient so far. I have others wanting me to become their caregivers. I am taking it slow and will add more patients as I get more experience and equipment. My current patient has gastrointestinal problems and two torn discs in his upper back from being T-Boned on the passenger side of the car. A woman ran a red light at a high rate of speed and hit his car.

We have found Blue Dream and Night Terror as two strains that works for him. Still looking for more strains to treat him with.

The Juicy Woo is for my personal consumption. I am also looking for other strains to treat potential patients with ADHD, Depression, Social Anxiety and spasms.

2 Likes

I sprouted some Supafreak seeds by @middleman. I started with one and this is what sprouted.

I started several more, two have sprouted and they look “normal”

I have three Night Terror and Two Purple Flamingo in five gallon fabric pots, 4 Purple Flamingo in two gallon fabric pots and the Normal Looking Spuafreak in a two gallon fabric pot.

6 Likes

Well shit, that’s not a Supafreak. I screwed up something.

2 Likes