Season 2 SEMO Grown Medicine

Did you use wood for the frame and the bars? I was thinking of using PVC for the frame to hold the bars. The only thing I am sure of is the size of the frame at 40 inches by 40 inches. I am still working on the number of bars, how far to space them and the type of LED strips to use.

1 Like

wood cuz 1x2

We have 3 of these going in 2 rooms

3 Likes

I did an aluminium frame on mine but once I got used to it, I realized wood would be fine. I plan on wood for the next couple I build.

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Most of the plants are growing very well, One of the Night Terror I believe is having slight issues with the soil. I defoliated and transplanted into five gallon AC Infinity fabric pots Monday. I took these pictures yesterday morning.

I dont know if you can tell with the yellowish light. The leaves on this night terror are lighter color interior and the edges are a normal color.

The other Night Terror

The Purple Flamingo, I am tempted to kill all the others and clone this plant. I like the smell from such a young plant. The smell is hard to describe sort of a moldy gym socks smell.

The JuJu Bee

Uploading: 100_2449.JPG…

7 Likes

I topped a couple and trimmed them all up. All the plants are close to the same height now except for the runt Night Terror.

I have a new a light that will blast the walls of my 4x4 tent. Im waiting on a couple cords and I will have the new light rocking the tent by next weekend.

Spec of the light

Dimension: 44" x 44"

Six Bars 469 diodes per bar, 2,814 diodes

Power: 680W, Inventronics

Voltage: AC100-277V 50-60Hz

LEDs: SAMSUNG EVO LM301h + LM301B (3000k + 5000K) and RED (660nm and 730nm)

Spectrum: Samsung EVO + 3000K + 5000k + 660nm + 730nm

Now to the pictures

Night Terror

Runt Night Terror

Purple Flamingo has become my early favorite plant. It has a tight Christmas Tree structure and an early stank the others do not have.

The JuJu Bee

5 Likes

The new light I am waiting on is a popular light orders are back logged for 30+ days. I was waiting on this light for flowering. If it doesnt ship by Monday I will flip Tuesday with the lights I have.

Since the last update I topped and chopped the JuJu Bee and the Night Terror. All the plants are growing nicely.

Night Terror

The candelabra night terror. I have not topped this one. The two side branches have now overtaken the center top.

The JuJu Bee

Purple Flamingo my early personal favorite. I havent topped or trimmed this plant.

Random Shots

5 Likes

go Semo go :+1:

1 Like

It is looking like it will be march maybe late march before I work my way through the queue for the new light.

I went out his morning to the swamp area close to my house to get some decayed tree material. I am making up soil for my second run later this year.

This is what the big pieces of material look like.

The pieces break up easily and the hard bits I throw into the garden to break down.

I have been trying to even the canopy before flower and it has gone well. Except for one JuJu Bee and one Night Terror midget plants.

I have also been pruning the underneath.

Coverage area of the light I ordered.

Coverage

2 Likes

Today is the first day of 12/12 lighting. With the intensity of the light I have in my tent I was vegging on a 16-8 schedule.

I based that on my understanding of the Daily Light Integral from Dr Bruce Bugbee. Dr. Bugbee has been talking about his research that although cannabis responds to light intensity per second, it also responds to total light per day.

With intense light the plant can soak up all it needs in a day in sixteen hours or less. Any more and you have to increase the other inputs to compensate for the increased light or the plants will suffer. This is where you can run into trouble with deficiencies when using LED lights. You either have to cut back the hours to compensate for the intense light or you have to increase the CO2, water and nutrients.

2 Likes

I cleaned the tent and drip trays with a solution of bleach and water. I wiped off the bottoms of the pots with a dry cloth. I like to keep my grow area clean to avoid molds, pests and mildew.

Some random shots of the canopy and plants

4 Likes

I topped dressed with basalt rock dust and worm castings when I flipped to 12/12 light schedule. The plants have exploded in four days.

It looks like I have one male

The rest I think are female.

Stalks and roots

5 Likes

Welp, I was wrong on how many were males. Looks like all three JuJu Bee and two of the Night Terrors are males. 5 of 6 photoperiod seeds turned out male. I have the feminized Purple Flamingo and One Night Terror Female.

4 Likes

I cut the underneath growth from the remaining two plants and thinned the Purple Flamingo. The burnt looking tips on the leaves of the Purple Flamingo were caused by me cutting the tips to try and slow the growth.

The Night Terror Midget was the only female out of the six photo period seeds.

Here is the Purple Flamingo and its mutant leaves

I put some of the trimmings in some solo cups to see if I can root any of them. I used what I had on hand.

6 Likes

The cuttings are still alive and the two female plants in the tent are doing well.

The oldest leaves on the Night Terror are clawing. I have only been watering no fertilizers. My base I used in my soil mix was Pro Mix General Purpose. I dont know if that matters over the BX.

Not much going on with the plants. If I get any of the cutting to root I plan on potting them, vegging them for two weeks then put them in the tent to flower.

4 Likes

Bud sites are growing nicely on both plants. I botched topping the Purple Flamingo when I was trying to even the growth of the plants. The tips of the leaves look burnt, the was me doing a very bad FIM.

The cuttings are still alive. There might be one or two tiny root nubs starting on each one or it is just hope.

Tent shot, the tomato plants are getting too much light.

The Night Terror has a slight funk smell from the stem rub. Not smelling any blueberries from it maybe a little diesel.

Zoom in and you can see a little frost forming.

The older leaves are clawing.

The Purple Flamingo with the bad FIM. It has a fruity pleasant stem rub smell.

Uneven lopsided leaves no uniformity with the leaf structure.

There is more trichome production on the leaves of the Purple Flamingo than on the Night Terror.

So far the Purple Flamingo is my favorite. It is growing taller, more branching, more bud sites and frostier. I do like funk more than fruit so we shall see what the finale smells and tastes are like.

3 Likes

I was shopping on amazon for a loupe. I bought the BlueDot Trading Jewelers-loop-60x Loupe Metal Eye Magnifier Magnifying Glass Triplet for Coin & Stamp collectors, Maps, and Watch & Jewelry Identification.

From the ad I thought it would be a little bigger. You also have to have it touching the leaf or bud to see anything.

Ad photo

Reality

2 Likes

Both plants are doing well. They are really using the water now. I watered enough yesterday to where there was an inch of water in the drip trays. This morning the trays where dry and the pots are already starting to get lighter in weight.

If you want to top your plants only top them twice and make sure it is done the right way. Top about the fourth or fifth node and them top once more about two weeks before you flip to 12/12. Any more cutting up top and it starts to achieve negative results. Stripping the underneath I have no opinion on yet.

Night Terror

The FIM Mangled Purple Flamingo.

3 Likes

Small update today. I now have four clones. I made three Night Terror cuts and ten Purple Flamingo. Night terror is 3/3 and the Purple Flamingo with the mutant leaves is 1/10 so far. If you want a clone machine the Night Terror looks like a good candidate. My cloning technique consisted of me licking the lower steam and cut putting it into a left over solo cups with tap water.

1 Like

The plants are doing well starting to frost up a little. The Night Terrors sour smell has taken over the tent. The Purple Flamingo has a sweet candy smell that is over powered by the sour/diesel smell.

I still have only four clones from my cuttings.

Night Terror 3/3

Purple Flamingo 1/10

Three of the four clones will be going into soil tomorrow. The night terror with only one root strand I will leave for another week. It took nineteen days from cutting to get these roots with nothing but solo cups and tap water. If you want clones just start cutting and dropping them in water no need for anything else.

Night Terror

The FIM Mangled Purple Terror. I feel like all my cutting on this plant has diminished what it could have been. If you top, top twice and stop cutting. Manifolding or stripping lower bud sites I have no opinion on yet.

6 Likes

Those are some crazy looking leaves for sure. Hopefully the smoke makes the challenging plant worth it. Regardless, you know what to do, or not do, next time. Good shit.

2 Likes