Sebring's Perpetual No-till Living Organics

I looked at that link too. dumb me haha
Looks like the Ortega was a parent of a few famous strains. I didn’t find any pics but I’m still on the hunt
@Sebring
Is this the same?
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.leafly.com/indica/ortega&ved=2ahUKEwi1prfYiP3bAhUHh1QKHc0jAxQQFjAOegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw086hQdXI6TP_DSnBz6077k

3 Likes

Yep, it sure is :thumbsup:

3 Likes

Leafly pic of Ortega

Pic of LAH

@sebring your good! But my bud looks better haha leafly should have mine for their pic lol jk

10 Likes

So I have a mother that needs high CBD flowers regularly for making edibles that she uses for pain management. She lives in a state with legal adult use, but like most legal states the dispensary prices aren’t geared to older impoverished medical patients. I’ve been trying to find high CBD auto flowers that she could just grow under a single light, or in the sun, that she would be able to harvest, hang to dry, and hand crumble for making cannabutter with.
Last night I found a strain that I thought would be likely to work, has had a few years of stabilizing and testing, so I’m not wasting my time stabilizing something that should be stabilized based on the pricing.
I read a bunch of grow reports from people that have already run it, about 90 days from germination for totally white trichomes with no amber or clear coloring! I went ahead and bought a 10 pack. I’m planning on running 5 of them at once, feminizing 1 of them and using it to pollinate the other 4. Then I’ll run some of those seeds the next grow to see if they’re still stable. If they are then I’ll give a bunch away on OG and give a bunch to my mother to use in the future!

Dinamed CBD Auto Feminised Seeds - 10 pack

16 Likes

Awesome dude i hope your mother likes it more. I love seeing people getting the relief they need from pain, stress, etc. with this glorious plant

6 Likes

The funnest part is yet to come; teaching my mother how to identify and manage pests! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7 Likes

Well good sign me up for that class too. . . That’s my kryptonite lol

3 Likes

90% of pest management is just checking your plants all the time and using other bugs to eat the common pests that attack cannabis. Between Sf nematodes (eats fungus gnat larva), P. persimilis (eats spider mites), and N. californicus (eats everything else) you’ll eliminate almost everything. A dilute spray of potassium silicate (Agsil), and calcium chloride (pickling salts) as a preventative spray will keep powdery mildew and botrytis away.

15 Likes

Awesome info! I think @MadScientist could use this too! Your the man @sebring your a walking talking grow bible bro :+1::trophy:

6 Likes

Today the Dinafem Auto CBD fem seeds arrived (10) and I popped all 10 in rehydrated peat plugs. Once they’ve all germinated I’ll insert them into one of the two 20 gal pots I’ve set up (or the single 1 gallon pot).
My plan is to grow 4 in one pot, 5 in the other pot, and the 10th plant will be in a 1 gallon pot. The 1 gallon plant will get an STS treatment starting about 3 weeks after its first true leaves appear, and will get a treatment every 3 days for 2 weeks. Doing it at this application rate will turn the entire plant into a pollen producer. This is the schedule I followed the last time I created femmed auto seeds. If anyone has advise on a better schedule for auto fems let me know.

For anyone wanting to turn just a branch into a pollen producer, reduce the application rate to twice a weak for 2-3 weeks with full coverage of the branch you want to turn, but avoid over spray.

@Hoodini
2 RHM have sprouted and will be transplanted outside this weekend (photos when I transplant)! No LAH have germinated after soaking them overnight in 150ppm GA3 and then tossing all of them into a quart container with moist coco coir.

9 Likes

How strange i would have guessed it the other way around lol

2 Likes

This is the key here… the STS is much harsher on the plant tissue than the CS IME.

3 Likes

The LAH seeds were a little immature. I’ve succeeded in growing out other seeds that were also immature, but I know the germination rate rises a ton if the beans are darker and weigh a little more like the RHM did.

4 Likes

Awesome can’t wait to see how she does

3 Likes

LOL, I rechecked the labels on the seeds that germinated and I was originally wrong. The LAH seeds popped, not the RHM seeds treated with GA3.
I’m 100% sure drugs were involved in my mistake. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

Awesome! Hahahahahahaha

Edit hey what happened to the ones you planted outside? If they didn’t pop they weren’t the LAH @Sebring

3 Likes

Need to go check them, but you’re probably right that they were RHM seeds.

@ReikoX, Out of 6 seeds planted I got 1 female, LRxUV2, that went to full size in an outdoor environment and it has been pollinated by 2 males, 1 LRxUV1 & 1 LRxUV2, that went to full size. I made sure to shake both males vigorously over the female!

Collecting pollen from the rest of the Blood Diamond. The rest of the plant was chopped and dropped.

The other 3 plants are going through their flowering stretch. So far, the Princess Haze and the OG Ghost Train Haze are exploding with early flowers. The Tsi Fly has about half as many flowers, but experience has shown me that it will probably end up going longer and producing more total flower.

Earlier this week the 3 fans on one of my LED lights in the tent went out. I ordered some more fans, turned that light off, and tried installing new fans when I received them yesterday with no luck. My DIY solution was to reinstall the 2nd light and bungie a room fan over the light directing air flow right onto the back of the LED. I’m coming to terms with the fact that I bought the variety of LEDs that I was trying to avoid. I was pretty sure before, but now it’s becoming a problem. Time to figure out how many X3 Solstix, or X2 stix, I need to produce an 800w equivalent in a 4 x 4 area for flowering.

Finally, the seeds for The Black x Champagne arrived from the Deep Ellum Seed company arrived, thanks @deep_rob!

6 Likes

Lol I think my buddy @Enstromentals might have an answer for you. . . He’s been looking into solstrips for his 4x4

3 Likes

Running two 320w drivers at Max, each driver pushing 6 x3 sticks would get you over 700w without pushing the diodes hard at all. That setup should get you way more than 800 watts when speaking equivalence to HPS. @Baudelaire is the resident expert, but I believe this is the setup I will be going with. His current estimate is that the ppfd would be about 700 at 12" but he just ordered a par meter so real numbers should be coming soon.

6 Likes

@Enstromentals if it’s hitting those numbers then that is exactly the setup I need!!!

Update: Moved the now germinated CBD autos to their permanent home today.
Each tote has 6 plants for a total of 12 plants (3 are ornamental peppers, not cannabis). Each plant has it’s own 1 gallon square pot surrounded by more soil and topped with straw. This arrangement will allow me to water more easily and remove individual plants if needed. The 5 gallon bucket has the same arrangement for 1 plant. The 5 gal will be our sacrificial pollen donor CBD auto.

7 Likes