Sebring's Perpetual No-till Living Organics

I’ve been doing the same. I believe in the long term our intentions will be understood through our actions. :blush:

6 Likes

Below is what I want to do, but I’m afraid the “Overpriced” part will kick the hornets’ nest. Seriously, f*ck anyone selling seeds for over $20 a seed. (Charity auction pricing excluded, of course.)

Seed Run Co-Op Rare (or Overpriced) Preservation Project In-house Special

This Community Projects #1 Main Goal is the preservation of rare or overpriced ($20+/seed) genetics while also releasing them to the community FREE of charge, and we want to honor the veterans of the drug war and their hard work and sacrifices by freely sharing and preserving their work so that future generations can enjoy it as much as we all do now

Current members helping, and in what capacity;

Strain
Leader:
Breeders:
Donators:
Link:

20 Likes

I see the frustration though everyone has their own choices on how they do things… As individuals, we can only control ourselves, trust those that prove to do the right thing by our own individual standards/rituals/ practices and hope for the best surrounding ourselves with like-minded individuals that support us, as well as, those that challenge us to better ourselves and eliminate the rest from our lives or not. There will always be someone that will disagree and others that will agree seeing the intention for what it is or not… every single person has that choice as well as choosing to be a part of someone’s journey or not, choose what to do with time, money, discipline etc. The choices we can make is virtually unlimited and will lead us down different life paths reaping the rewards as well as, consequences…. no one is immune.

As far as our preservation projects, everyone involved agreed it wouldn’t be done if the breeder himself disagreed with it…… a few found podcasts and took screenshots of the breeder himself basically stating go for it just not testers until proven and tried to contact him across various platforms to be sure to no avail – literally takes just a couple minutes to make a statement no matter how busy one is and since the breeder has chosen not to having more important priorities to tend with, there is no reason to not move forward.

Personally, I sleep very well at night as I know:

1. The genetics were purchased then donated for the project
  2. The genetics aren’t available anymore from the breeder going in a different direction
  3. If/when the breeder wants to revive a strain or back track, they are available to do so
  4. Growers will have an opportunity to invest in grow equipment while sampling/learning with top notch genetics from one of many caring breeders
  5. Sampling previous genetics may attract more to newer genetics for sale

There is nothing we do that will compare to what the breeder has done or is doing as we all are in different stages understanding this plant, have our own criteria, opinion of what makes a strain good, how to make it better, curiosity etc. and will make different choices along the way. For better or for worse, it is what it is. We just choose to be open and honest about it while giving credit where it’s due

19 Likes

Some eye candy for everyone, and I think we finally have 6 healthy plants, each a little farther along than the others.

26 Likes

Hey Sebring!

Found this thread through Google, as I just bought some Patch Adams seeds from SHN. Super stoked to see what you come up with, and hope my seeds pop! :v: :herb:

6 Likes

I’m glad you joined OG @PaleBlue!
The one thing I’ve noticed about the Patch Adams plants so far is that if you can get the seedlings past the second week then they take off with a serious vigor, but about a third just don’t have the umph. I believe this is because they either weren’t given enough nitrogen during flower or because they were harvested early; my personal experience has me leaning towards not enough nitrogen.

I’ll be posting weekly high resolution photo updates, so make sure you’ve bookmarked and set the thread to watching for updates.

10 Likes

I’m following for sure! I’ll give you updates too once I get my seeds. There’s not enough info on this strain. (I’ll start my own grow log, of course.)

I’ve been looking for regular auto CBD for awhile, so I’m pretty stoked. My goal is to have quick turn around CBD so I never run out, and to have a plant I can grow outside that’ll finish on time in my climate. Hopefully Patch Adams will do it!

Until the next post. :v:

5 Likes

I’d just say thanks Jeff, your books helped me… :wink:

And you’d better get that t-rex published, wearing OG gear…

:sunglasses:

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

I’ll start putting the Trex in with the patch adams.

7 Likes

This week’s photos! Trex has joined the plants…

21 Likes

Whoa! Gorgeous. I just got notification that my seeds are in my city. I’ll start popping em tonight if the postal workers aren’t striking.

Have they started showing sex?

4 Likes

They haven’t shown sex yet.
I would advise you to give them more space than I did. 6 in 8 square feet is too many, 3 would be better. I might still move 3 into 5gal pots.

5 Likes

Just put five seeds into some rapid rooters- let’s see if I have decent luck with germ rate :crossed_fingers:!

I’ll eventually put them into 3.5 gallon buckets. I’ve been messing around with a 2:1 mix of peat moss/ spent oyster mushroom substrate. (Think broken down straw caked in mycelium.) I’ve been culturing mycorrhizae and inoculating my soil bins too, which seems to be working. (I’m slowly weaning off bottle feeding.) The prospect of a solid CBD Auto has me so stoked. :v: :mushroom:

6 Likes

Am following this. After my Freedom Dream debacle, I am looking at getting these from SHN. Looking forward to getting my “piece of toffee”. :laughing:

4 Likes

The tiny cow is possibly my favorite thing ever :sob:

10 Likes

I do really love the way you are doing your indoor growing, I’ll have a better look and try to learn something new,

probably you are doing it, but just for living soil beginners like me, if you share soil recipes/teas/soil inputs and the way you mulch that would be really awesome and appreciate, so far I think you are the only one doing living soil over here, also I’ll not bother you via DM in a nearly future :joy:

Pd:Back in the day other growers and i we used to split the price of those unaffordable seeds between 5/10. Kind of ;each one of us paid 10/15 Euros and in return everyone who has been paid will get 10 + F2 seeds and cuts
Maybe we’ll should do something similar here

8 Likes

The soil mix just has standard stuff in for organics; oyster shell flour, feather meal, etc. (See main post: Sebring's Perpetual No-till Living Organics )
About a week ago I put a bunch of leaves and branches through a chipper\shredder and top dressed the living soil. The grass and other stuff are whatever seeds sprouted from the slow compost I added when I re-amended the soil, which are local grasses and weeds. I leave them growing so the soil life and mycorrhiza have something to survive on between cannabis cycles.

8 Likes

Beautiful stuff going on here @Sebring!

4 Likes

The Patch Adams plants are getting much wider than most auto flower plants do, so I’m debating moving 3 of them into pots before their root systems get too big to remove them.

I’m also planning out my next grow of 4 plants when the SSDD project finishes, in which I want to cross Tsi Fly with 3 other plants, Maui Wowie, Blueberry Blast & Sunshine-#4. The Tsi Fly should add potency and increased calyx to leave ratio without effecting the flavors & highs of the 3 mothers. (I hope :pray:)

I need to think about what other projects I might need to do first, but I’ll probably be doing those 3 crosses next.

Tsi Fly
https://cannasos.com/strains/hybrid/tsi-fly
(*It’s actually an almost non-existent mild apricot smell, not a strong one.)

Crossed to:

1. Maui Wowie
    https://www.greengenesgarden.com/cherry-bomb/

2. Blueberry Blast
    https://www.leafly.com/sativa/blueberry-blast

3. Sunshine-#4
    https://www.leafly.com/hybrid/sunshine-4

If, after reviewing all the strains, anyone has suggestions for other strains I should consider, let me know!

12 Likes

The larger Patch Adams plants are getting so big that I had to transplant the 3 smaller plants into 5 gallon pots and move them.

These autoflowers appear to need about a 2’x2’ area (4 square feet), unlike the usual autoflowers that only need about 2 square feet per.

15 Likes