Sebrings Revenge

Definitely more sativa like from the 4 I grew out.

2 Likes

I have one growing atm, I usually grow 3 a year, but will be doing one every couple of months now, as our CBD use has increased with the dogs and cat now getting daily doses.

They train easily if you want to keep them low and wide using manifold or super cropping techniques, and are very stable even when stressed badly.

Hereā€™s a pic of my second one I grew with training, itā€™s about a foot tall, if you follow the rest of my thread you will see how it progresses, to about 3 ft wide and 18 inches tall roughly.

399265ccbca83ae918c624bbcc72d5243555a1a5_2_666x500

Just realized I posted this already further up doooohh. :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

I donā€™t think you will have problems outside other than the usual outdoor problems, be interesting to see how big they get.

4 Likes

Updateā€¦ my Sebrings started to flower around the first of Augustā€¦a bit early for an outdoor grow I would thinkā€¦but so did 3 White Widows I have growing as well. The buds are really starting to stack up nicely. A trouble free plant. I have 5 of them in my back yard in 30 litre buckets. It has been a brutal hot summer here in NB Canada, most days got up to 28-30 deg Cā€¦with very little rainā€¦ maybe thatā€™s a reason for early start to flower?

8 Likes

@Shadey is this a cbd dom cultivar?
Shes a branchy lilā€™ fucker isnt she? Is it the Sebrings Revenge?
Does Sebring from here at OG have anything to do with itā€™s creation? just curious.
Good luck @Grapenut. Mine are just starting to turn to flower, except I have a few Freezeland hybrids that have been in flower for going on 3 weeks now. Everything else is just starting to pistil up.

5 Likes

Here you can find all the info of this great plant, cheers ā€¦ beer3|nullxnull

4 Likes

What I would like to know isā€¦Is this Sebring strain and auto flower. Most of my plantsā€¦6 out of 10 have been in flower since the last week of July. That is very early for a photoperiod plant I would thinkā€¦

9 Likes

With a high CBD plantā€¦ how do you know when it is time to harvest? At what point is the CBD content at its highest? Can it be determined visually?

6 Likes

My understanding is, it will be ready the same time a normal THC variety would, when the trichomes are cloudy.

Supposedly you can select for more CBD by picking early but that doesnā€™t make any sense to me and there is zero scientific papers stating such that Iā€™ve ever seenā€¦ Just my 2 cents ^^

6 Likes

Thanksā€¦ thatā€™s good infoā€¦

3 Likes

All the ones I have grown have been photo period, but I think they were originally trying to make autos, so it may have some of those genetics, and it triggers flowering at a higher hourly light count than 12/12.

I treat them just like THC plants wait for them to start clouding up and turning amber.

6 Likes

hey @Grapenut, im just guessing but it could be a photo-period w/ a rudy gene in it.(ruderalis)
I have some Freezeland (Freisland) hybrids half way thru flowering outdoor myself (may be able to harvest by mid-sept, if needed). They started triggering to flower by early August, others by mid Aug.
Freeze carries a rudy gene that makes it flip to flower even in mid-summer long day. Its great for outdoors, not so great to try and keep in veg. Freeze doesnt reveg very well, if at all. Prolly same issue here w/ Sebring, if you were to try.
Chances are yours is something similar, tho I could be wrong. Id have to know and lookup the genetics within it.
Its def got a rudy genetic inside there somewhere.
The further plants live away from equator typically they wanna flip to flower at any sign of shorter daylength, as to be done before bad weather. Freeze has a 16hr minimum day period.

Id say harvest at 50-70% brown pistils, or like a typical thc plant. Dont leave too long tho if user is thc sensitive.
Ive read that leaving them long can spike thc levels. Hemp farmers dont let cbd hemp go too long for fear of testing ā€œhotā€ w/ elevated thc lvls. Thats from hemp farmers who cannot afford to be wrong on their thc levels. Their freedom depends on it (right now).
If ya dont care, let it flower longer for a better mix of the 2.

yea, its kinda counter-intuitive @HolyAngel. I had figured leaving later for higher cbd levels would work, but somehow thats not necessarily correct.
I left a few Deadlights cbd plants out too long for extra cbd, and my mom who is thc sensitive got high on the later harvested flower. Earlier picked/extracted from same plant, she had no thc sensitivity issues.
Good luck

9 Likes

I harvest my High CBD medicine just as pistils BEGIN to change. Under the scope, I want 75-80% CLEAR!!! You let them go longer (as Reg cannabis), you have a HIGH risk of elevated THC production (running ā€œhotā€), thus neutralizing the CBD value or, even cancelling it. Just my observations, NOT an expert!!! ALL, stay safe/be well.

8 Likes

cool then, thats what I heard too from Kevin Jodrey and others.
I think the AC/DC lineage has a weak stem issue. my deadlights had super soft branches. everything had to be tied to something solid when flower weight piled on.

dunno when @Grapenut took the pic, but looks like she be ready in 3 weeks or so, IMO.

6 Likes

Well ā€¦in a perfect grow Sebrings Revenge is apparently 24CBD to 4 THCā€¦ I already use CBD and some THC in my med capsules so I dont mind it being a bit ā€œhotā€ā€¦

5 Likes

from what I understand, a bit of thc helps the cbdā€™s effect better. no thc is not as effective as a little bit.
Sadly, everything is still in its infancy really, we wont know for a while yet the best ratios of cbd:thc for which ailments
As long as Federaly illegal in 'Murica, no American company will risk working on anything yet for fear of raids so its slow going forward.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve grown out 4 of the SR so far. All fem and all photo. Cloned easy but I find everything else does too. I make it into cocobudder and a tsp gets me mildly and happily buzzed like you get from that first stiff drink. Great pain reduction for my achy joints that makes getting up easier and lasts for almost 24 hours.

I wish Iā€™d got into growing CBD plants years ago but plan on doing a lot of that in the coming crops.

:peace:

6 Likes

I still have one SR to harvestā€¦ it is lagging about 4 weeks behind. I have about 2 lbs all dried and cured. Made some great salve for aches and pains and gave to the old folks in the family and to a few friends as well.

6 Likes

You are losing out on a lot of CBD and terpene production by doing thisā€¦ losing medicinal value. The trichomes produce CBD. You want the trichomes to be milked out, not clear by any standard

Thatā€™s not what Iā€™ve found out about high CBD plants. Iā€™ve read a few articles now with lab testing to find peak levels and for CBD mostly clear but well formed is the peak unlike THC strains where mostly milky with a few amber is peak THC.

By the time I get around to cropping mine the trichs are all over the place but it still works! :slight_smile:

:peace:

2 Likes