Seed Banks - Who can we trust?

I guess South Africa’s postal service is kinda shitty, so it takes 5-6 weeks, but everyone I know that’s ordered from him on Strainly, has received their purchases. I’ve found him to be a straight up guy, with a lot of knowledge of, and experience with South African genetics. His prices are great, and his freebies are killer too. These are the strains I have of his:

Congolese Black
Galloping Mandarin
Golden Grapes
Jezahel
Lemints
Malawi Gold
NY Gold Cakes
Old School Skunk '96
Transkei (Roobilard)

I just did a Strainly request for some of the Swazi, plus the Burning Love, and some more Old School Skunk because I traded the first batch I got from him. :slight_smile:

Nick’s a good dude, and, IMO, he’s 100% trustworthy. Let me know how it goes man. :vulcan:

9 Likes

Have you grown any of the 96 skunk?

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads up! I’m interested in a few of his offerings. He has some unique strains and his descriptions are great. Seems very knowledgeable.

6 Likes

Not yet. I wound up trading the first pack I got for some Uncle Fester’s Skunk #18, and a Jack’s Cleaner cutting. :blush:

If you haven’t asked him already, makes sure and hit him about his unlisted/untested strains. He’s got some juju in the vault :slight_smile:
:vulcan:

5 Likes

His descriptions are pretty good, aren’t they? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

These look promising… Always had a curiosity about South African landraces… many people I know that lived there say amazing stuff about them

2 Likes

Just got my order from http://femaleseeds.nl

First the good:

• Prices are really low
  • Tons of freebies
  • Free shipping over 100$ or 100€
  • Genetics are well liked on some forums

Their C99 has a good reputation on http://growdiaries.com and was recommended to me by @Esrgood4u. That’s what I plan on growing and the reason for my order.

My order is on the right, freebies on the left:

Some interesting package art lol:

Looking forward to this one later, mimosa x champagne kush:

OK now for the bad…

I ordered 2 weeks ago. For the first 6 days I heard NOTHING from them… I didn’t even get a confirmation email from their website. I got a confirmation that their 3rd party got my bank transfer, but nothing from them directly.

I emailed them the next day asking about my order and didn’t get a response for a week, at which time they sent me tracking info.

Their site says same day shipping before 3PM Netherlands time… Not accurate.

In the 7 days of radio silence I emailed them again, I woke up early to call them during business hours in the Netherlands, I created an instagram account to message them there, I messaged them on grow diaries, I messaged them on autoflower.net… Radio Silence…

That was not cool.

That being said, I did get my order and a ton of freebies in a reasonable time frame from the Netherlands to the US. If the germ rate is good and the plants come out OK, I would consider ordering there again, this time with the expectation of poor communication.

13 Likes

The c99 will become a staple in your grow area im sure. The female seeds version has a few phenos to keep an eye out for. One that smells of pineapple and one that smells like grapefruit. It’s the pineapple one that everyone wants.
The sex bud is bred using c99 :+1:
That blueberry cheesecake looks interesting :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

For sure man! They have a pretty good rep and lots of interesting genetics. I’m glad you pointed me in their direction.

A guy I talked to on another forum said they seemed like some severely stoned Dutch hippies that take their time with everything. Sounds about right LOL… Fine with me, now that I know what to expect.

I’ll journal out the c99s here for sure. Probably germ them this weekend.

4 Likes

Yeah they take some stick also. Strip all the bottom that’s not getting any light and they will reward you in bud mass up top. They don’t nute burn easy either. Push as much nutrients into them as you feel comfortable with. LST scrog FIM top do it all if you feel like it. My only problem I had was they grew quicker than I expected once into 12/12 and they touched the light but that’s my own fault as I didn’t check them for about 5 days and move the light up :v:

3 Likes

I dunno about them not answering emails bro. That stuff would make me not buy their seeds. Each time I’ve bought their strains it’s been via a seed bank so ive not had to interact with them like you have. They also do a pure ak. I’ve grown that out. It f#cking stank. Strongest smell I’ve had from a plant. If that’s your thing then I recommend giving it a run sometime

4 Likes

I have had similar experiences with a few overseas banks.For some reason I always thought that they had a staff and facility…Some are mom and pop internet store fronts, and don’t have vvhat they advertise in stock…but run to get their supply ion receipt of an order. I have has similar experience with Oaseeds in Spain…a week late, but I always got my order and xtra freebies. I am never in a rush, but anything coming across a border gets me jumpy!

Good growing with those puppies!

4 Likes

You will like the C99 I would think. Here is a pic of my abused one that had too much heat but she stands out (middle on the right the darker tops, was manifolded)

13 Likes

That’s interesting, I actually ordered from them once and got seeds via FedEx in 2 days or less… Was really surprised… 35$ shipping though. Their in house seeds all germed and were very vigorous. I would probably recommend oaseeds.

The only thing that bugs me about them is they are not listed as official vendors for many of the breeders that they sell.

Looking good bro! I’m definitely psyched to try them out.

4 Likes

I have no problem with Oaseeds at all. They are honest so far (3 orders),and I also chose their stealth option…same deal…2-3 days but they ship UPS express in the US I believe.

With my last order, last December, their Bulks and freebie bulks were very unlike the first orders. The young seedlings were very wonky…especially LA Confidential and Sugar Black Rose fems. I wound up culling the Sugar Black Ros,since she stayed stringbean like. The LA Confidential grew her way out of it and was just flipped today (really nice plant now.)

They obviously are not the breeder, but probably buy in bulk from wherever they get a deal.For $4, each…very tough to beat.

3 Likes

" or if anyone has some malawi they would part with"… I just happen to have a whole bunch of those. I ordered a Breeder’s pack a couple years ago, and grew the purple Malawi Outdoors Last Summer. It’s not a very wide gene pool. I’m pretty sure Ace used one purple plant, pollinated with a bunch of males from the killer Malawi line. I had four girls and only one male. All were used. All very purple, but I don’t expect to see any of those ( purple) pop up as they are very recessive. They flowered for 10 weeks (3) and 11 weeks (1). I don’t know the natural finishing time as they were force flowered. I would expect them to go later in the f2’s due to killer malawi male influence in the f1. Sliiiiight chance of some stray panama pollen, but unlikely. I’d like to see some of them grown out if you want some. Only stipulation would be that you pollenate any purples and return the favor by sending me some. The purple malawi was not extremely potent, but was/ is excellent work weed. Very clear and I can remember things better than when sober. Everyone I’ve smoked it with wants to smoke it again and again. It would be nice to isolate those traits in the line with maybe some more potent individuals for after work😉

9 Likes

One of my first grows was Female seeds : Lemon kush! What a beauty :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I have ONE seed of a Chem OG from Female Seeds. I won it on the first giveaway I joined. I want to grow it but I think I’ll run it outside and take cuts for inside. I bet it would beast up outside.

3 Likes

https://www.geneticsupply.com/product-category/gooey-breeder/ gear arrived with free mug and plenty of freebies I would reccomed these guys for sure just kind of an underdeveloped webpage leading to slow communications otherwise great job genetic supply

3 Likes

@George_The_Vault , does this site actually carry your gear it’s called geneticsupply.com they have come into question and I noticed this

3 Likes