Seed Banks - Who can we trust?

Some one give me their opinion on if they’d feel the same or not. So I got a grab bag from a seed bank. Their site state’s “These Grab Bags will be worth a minimum of $50.00 OR $100.00, depending on the tier”. If you ordered the higher tier would you except anything under 100$? What they sent me was 98.88$ retail (not on sale in anyway). Now they could have tossed in a little nick-nack like a pack of papers or toke poker etc. They did add in something obviously bc they knew it was lacking. So they decided to send a old ass piece of taffy. That was the icing on the cake aka slap in the face. Am I over reacting? Bc if a sale states get this item after you spend 100$. I wouldn’t get it if I spent 98.88. So I just feel like I got ripped in a double standard kinda way.

4 Likes

SHN. Comparatively cheap on the freebie side when there are options. Of course, they have some advantages such as a large variety, fast to ship, CC payment.

I’ve purchased stuff at levels that meet their promotional offers. I have yet to receive the “full” promotional offer and instead have received portions, if anything. And, a piece of bubble gum? But, have always received what was on my primary order.

The grab bag thing, yeah that sucks. Word gets around on stuff like that. Hence, your post.

6 Likes

What? They stiff you on bogo n other sale items. I’d flip if they did that.

3 Likes

True North Seed Bank.

Took a while but it was during their 50% sale so I am sure they were swamped.

Genuine breeders packs arrived safely.

Very happy!

12 Likes

Don’t ever ship seed or grow supplies to where you grow. If you ever have charges drawn against you a subpoena is all they will need to bring up purchase records associated with the address they raided. It’s still not legal federally, so in theory anything is still fair game. If you don’t have friends to help out, just rent a PO box for a month.

I am not sure why @5o5love suggested sending seed to a grow site. It can be done stealthily yes, but most companies cooperate with US law enforcement agencies. Seeds can be mailed because in many areas it can be considered an adult souvenir as long as you do not germinate. There is a reason they all have disclaimers. If you get caught, they will 100% give your address to LEA.

3 Likes

Yep, everything they call promotional has a ***disclaimer attached. So, they can pretty much claim anything. They are not my go-to at this point, rather low on my option list, simply because of that.

1 Like

Well they just sent me a reply n are sending out something. I hope they keep the peice of candy this time.

2 Likes

Seeds here now always throws in some of that taffy. It helps to disguise the seeds. See the XRay machines can tell organic matter from metal, electronics, and plastics, etc. The taffy is organic matter, so are the seeds, it helps them blend in. :grin:

15 Likes

I use places that I 100% trust. My guys get paid cash no purchase records. That’s what this threads about. Also if it’s that worrisome I would not suggest a PO Box because that forces you to walk into a federal establishment to pic up your seeds.

2 Likes

Recently had a good experience with James Bean. I trust em.

5 Likes

Anyone try labyrinth seeds co?

https://www.labyrinthseedco.com

They’re listed on Dynasty’s official vendors ( http://www.dynastyseeds.com/vendors) , I’m thinking of giving them a go.

1 Like

When we were in the area, some buds and I were happy with our dealings with the Vancouver-based Kind Seed. Our dealings with Kind Seed online though, their London-based office was below expectations. Main issues included receiving wrong seeds and old seeds with low/no germination.

4 Likes

First time I’ve heard of them. They do P…Pal which is nice. Didn’t find much about them in the forums.

1 Like

Yeah, I just noticed them on the vendors list on Dynasty’s site. The payment option and breeder’s intrigued me. I may give them a try soon.

2 Likes

Let’s us know how it goes.

I think James Bean also has Dynasty, too. They might be a little more in price, idk. I’ve had success with them in the past.

1 Like

James Bean is great, I just got an order from them today.

4 Likes

He’s legit. I just got a pack the other day and it came super fast!. Like 3 days fast. He sent it off the same day I ordered it. Beans came sealed in their own mylar package (aside from the actual bean packaging) with some dynasty & labyrinth stickers inside. Comes from Oregon. Nice guy who promptly follows up with your order. I would order from him again no worries. Although I will note that he has some conflicting info about freebies on the dynasty section of his site. Says you get a 5 pack with every pack order, but on the front page it says with every 2 packs… so yeah. I didn’t receive any extras and I’m not gonna bust the guys balls over it either… Just a heads up.

5 Likes

Thank you very much for this, I’m definitely going to pick up some packs from them then. I like freebies but as long as I get the gear I’m going for I’m a happy dude. I’m glad to hear that they’re legit, in fact a little excited even. I love adding to my trusted domestic banks list. :smile:

3 Likes

Anyone deal with speakeasy seedbank?

2 Likes

I second for Sensible seeds. Always fast, very stealthy, never a problem.

6 Likes