Seed Banks - Who can we trust?

I just think it’s a bit unprofessional to cut off communication with someone who you are supposed to be helping. Also, I’m not the only one with complaints:

Their reviews have been declining for about 2 years now.

3 Likes

I’ve ordered seeds from Sannie and so has my buddy. It takes a while to get delivered, but so far no problems. I’m not doubting that you’ve had a bad experience, but I wouldn’t go so far as to say “avoid Sannie’s like the plague” because plenty of people have had no problems at all.

5 Likes

@MisticHaze it could be your country’s customs combined with poor stealth. No amount of stealth can protect from corrupt mail agents either. If you don’t pay for insurance they aren’t going to send it again if it gets seized.

1 Like

Try to be a little more patient. It’s frustrating not having seed when you’re supposed to but Sannie’s is a great little shop. I wouldn’t go posting to avoid a place like the plague before you have even received anything or tried to germinate it.

Still one of my fav shops to buy seeds. It can be slow but good genes, prices and if anything goes wrong it is always corrected. I’ve had packages re sent without having to provide proof. I could have easily taken advantage. I’m sure some people do.

I’ve also had a package seized and it took months before I ever received the letter. Sannie re rent my order which arrived long before my customs letter did.

If your package got lost try to be patient, it will be made right. If it doesn’t eventually arrive he’ll always re send it.

It may be slow and not ideal, but the shop has a very big following and respect online. It’s your choice, but also your loss if you wanna write em off before trying the genes! Communication isn’t always perfect because of the language barrier, but good people.

Try contacting by email if you aren’t already doing that, not using the website.

4 Likes

I’ve been privy to MisticHaze’s struggle here… It’s been almost 4 MONTHS.

Refund warranted, imo.

That & the very poor communication response would deter me from even considering Sannies. Yes, from this single incident. :slight_smile:

But I don’t dispute the others’ posts.

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

We want to distribute some tester packs of the SourBlutooth so a free pack with any three pack order. We guarantee free shipping and delivery as well as satisfaction with our seeds of course.

Someone is USA who can send others testers should contact us at bogland72@gmail.com

We only ship in USA. Bog

10 Likes

Yeah…sounds like a shitty experience. Probably a good reason, though. I doubt Sannie is just taking your money and not shipping seeds. His stealth is pretty damn good too. Takes anywhere from 3 weeks to a month for stuff to arrive to the states, though, when it does…

3 Likes

Just to clarify: Everybody’s experience with Sannie’s on here is valid and I guess it’s up to people to decide for themselves. I now see that my wording of my bad review is a bit harsh so I will change certain parts of it, but I still cannot recommend them.

Edit: I hope my edited review is less biased, but I cannot edit it anymore without it losing it’s overall message.

7 Likes

Ordered direct from Alphakronik with the “AKG” discount code.

They had a a very nice “Mystery Box” promo recently. The received contents were premium with the newer lines included. Quite happy.

Also, a couple freebies items included. Still trying to decode ARC x Alphakronik. Anyone know what ARC is? Arcata?

4 Likes

It’s Alien Rock Candy (Kind Love cut)

4 Likes

Thank you :wink:

Into the spreadsheet she goes. Sounds like a very interesting cross.

2 Likes

I will put in a plug for Sannie’s as well. I received my seeds in a timely fashion, and I’m glad I did since they have some hard to find stuff. My seeds did not get pinched by customs, so I did not have to go through the experience of trying to get replacements. Positive experience for me overall.

1 Like

So… like, you have our beans, then?..

:joy:

:evergreen_tree: :wink:

2 Likes

:joy: Maybe!

I got the Ouzbekistan, Black Afghani and Turkish Landrace. When I breed with 'em, I’ll slang some seeds your way to help turn your frown upside down.

5 Likes

I’ll take you up on those…sound weird but good. :slight_smile:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

I wonder if the Sannies problem is more common to the US folks? Customs snatched some of my seeds once that’s why I’m gonna try and buy from US seed banks this year if I can find the strains I want. I’ve received every single seed that has been shipped to me from the States.

1 Like

Anybody know where to get Ace, Cannabiogen or Tropical Seeds inside the US? It’s so hard to find landrace/heirlooms here.

Only breeder I know of is https://www.oldworldorganics.net/, located in Oregon.

1 Like

both times ive ordered seeds from overseas (im US) they got snatched at customs, and i paid extra for the stealth…

since then i keep my orders with us based companies and i havent had much of a problem.
with that being said…

when i ordered through Green Point Seeds i had a rather poor attempt at a phishing email the next day… coincidence?

never had a problem with Seeds Here Now.

3 Likes

Customs has gotten really bad recently I feel. I’ve had customs rip off stealth packages 3 times since September. I’ll never order more than about 10-20 seeds at a time anymore. I think quantity has something to do with it as well.

Only problem I have with shopping inside the US is that it’s just all aboard the poly train. So hard to find cool stuff that isn’t deeply hybridized.

5 Likes

In USA bogland72@gmail.com. Bog :sunglasses::+1:.

9 Likes